Server Info & Turn Tracker

I don't see why people quit when they feel that the game takes an unfair turn that will potentially result in another team winning.

Sancta's gift of cities was unfair but their other option was to turn the game over to the AI - which would effectively result in the same outcome.

You can also argue that it is unfair that Sancta had such good luck or even when Saturn back stabbed Kaz on a tech deal.

Anyhow, if teams are going to stop playing they should decide to gift cities in a way that keeps the game interesting, or resign and turn the civ over to the AI.

I think we have enough hard core people on Team Kaz to see this through to what ever end - win or loss.

^We "backstabbed" because of the actions of team Kaz/Cav (more detail on our forum threads as the game opens). Just trying to point it out. :)

Totally understandable. I did not mean that statement to be accusatory. This game is fun because it involves betrayal and broken alliances.

^We "backstabbed" because of the actions of team Kaz/Cav (more detail on our forum threads as the game opens). Just trying to point it out. :)

Understandable, but then again, the act only solidified the alliances. The Kaz/Cav alliance was by no means unbreakable. If Saturn had turned on SANCTA (isolating them on the short end of a 4v1 alliance) the next stage would have been interesting. Either another dogpile (3v1) or a 2v2 battle. I guess even the 3v1 route had two possibilities. Three larger taking out a smaller or the three smallest against the largest.

SANCTA has announced resignation and converted to AI
Cavalieros has announced resignation
MS has announced willingness to resign
Saturn has announced unwillingness to continue.

Kazakhstan is ready to continue playing...

Technically, I think it is Cavalieros turn with 9 hrs left, but since they announced resignation, MS is technically up in 9 hrs.

SANCTA has announced resignation and converted to AI
Cavalieros has announced resignation
MS has announced willingness to resign
Saturn has announced unwillingness to continue.
Sounds like Kaz can declare victory with a playingfield like that! :lol:

Sancta's gift of cities was unfair but their other option was to turn the game over to the AI - which would effectively result in the same outcome.

I fail to see how (don't take me wrong, just want to know your thinking behind this move was, not harsh feeling or anything... and I can't log in to look so I might as well ask ;)). You mean that dealing with a deity AI is the same than dealing with a big human controlled civ? Cav could have tryed to shape the course of events differently military wise or diplo wise, and you decided to skip all that. My opinion is that you decided the end of this game with this move...
To conclude I think having an admin to resolve this sort of things would have been best and less irritating... and congrats to Kaz people :goodjob:

Raskolnikov

I did not recall that we were playing a deity level game. I thought it was a much lower difficulty.

While the game would have played out differently if sancta had not gifted cities, Kaz still would end up with a good number of sancta cities in fairly short order (regardless of AI level). The AI would have suicided its army and they would have been left with very limited defenses. The end result would have been the same of Kaz and Cav ending up at near power parity.

That was my logic.

My opinion is that you decided the end of this game with this move...

We figured the other teams wouldn't want to continue after SANCTA left anyway. Even if Team Cav had wanted to continue with a SANCTAfied AI, would Saturn and MS have wanted to keep on playing? I really don't think it's fair to say we ended the game. We're the ones that stuck it out even though we had a big run of bad luck.

Donsig
You may be right, but you left the other teams no own decision. And I, who have read the posts of SAn about their decision to give the control to AI, haven't known it before I logged in. So I think you have made your turn not after but before post it.
I for me would be played with 3 AIs.

Btw the fact that cities were handed over to us didn't mean that they had to stay in our control. If other teams wanted to play on we could have looked at a redistribution of land if that was needed to even things out. I know that was certainly my preference.

Top Bottom