Setting To Culture Victory (only)

Slynky333

Warlord
With Cultural as the only victory allowed, does the game end at 500 turns anyway or does it go till finished (in the event no one has the 5 cultures and the Utopia project completed)?

(hopefully a quick question)

Thanks in advance !

Turn off the time victory, and there's no turn cap. That said, I hope your system can play that many turns. Mine dies around 250 in dx11, and around 350 in dx9 anyways.

Why should it?
We even have a Turns_Limit option that allows a maximum typed value of 999 or as low as 10!
Strangely the Victory progress screen stops recording the usual "parameters" on the left-side panel section if Time Condition is off, though. But i don't care.
All that mattered to me was the SS-Launch overlayed in the dimmed background (the *ONLY* current victory animation or closing "Movie", btw) by their swift "You've Won!" popup which they fixed with a deferred function in its procedure back in v1141.

Turn off the time victory, and there's no turn cap. That said, I hope your system can play that many turns. Mine dies around 250 in dx11, and around 350 in dx9 anyways.

The only victory condition checked is "CULTURAL". All the rest of the check boxes are turned off. So, you're saying, because of that, it won't end at 500?

As an aside, my install has played to 500 a couple of times, so I don't think there's a problem going past it...

Thanks for the help. Game ended at 507 turns. :)

Top Bottom