Setting up a Pitboss+CivStat game

nathyus

Chieftain
Hi! :)

I've hosted small Pitboss games on the past, but never tried CivStats.com.

This time I would like to set up a medium sized game and I think I really need the features of CivStats.

I've created an account and got the uploader v1.5.1.0. But I think I'm doing something wrong with it, because I'm unable to communicate it with the website.

I launched the pitboss and loaded a saved game (I see the pitboss window with the turn and players info running).

I launched then the uploader and configured the pitboss.exe path, the game name, ID and password. Ok for now.

When I try to "auto detect" the pitboss running, it says that "no pitboss window detected". :confused:

If I manually activate the idle uploader, the status bar says "waiting for pitboss window" and then waits forever without doing anything. :confused:

I've Vanilla Civ 4 patched up to v1.74, on a WinXP box dedicated. The CIV & Pitboss are the spanish version.

Do you have any idea of what's the problem?

Do you think if it may be because it's a localized version instead of the english version? In that case, do you know if I can run a english version of the pitboss.exe over the spanish main installation?

Thanks in advance,

- Nathyus -

Do you think if it may be because it's a localized version instead of the english version? In that case, do you know if I can run a english version of the pitboss.exe over the spanish main installation?

Are you sure you're actually running a different version? There is a setting to control the language in the civ.ini file, so you might find you already have the same executable, and you just need to change the language setting in the civ .ini file to be english. I'm not sure how the uploader works, but if it's checking the application process name, and looking for a match on the english name, that could well be the problem.

If not, my vanilla pitboss .exe (patched to V1.74 via the BtS V3.17 update) is 9,170,944 bytes, last modified wed may 16th, 2007 (11:43:52pm) so you can check if that matches yours. Though to be honest, I'm not even sure if I've ever had the V1.74 vanilla pitboss .exe working with civstats anyway since I always use the BtS pitboss these days.

Finally, if that doesn't help, you could also try posting directly in the 'civstats' thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178807 since it does seem that OverloadUT checks that.

Good luck. :) The civstats website is very useful and well worth it to get it going.

Cheers,
Munro

Top Bottom