Settler Level Insanity

hmm seems to me like lakes, I would guess Julius Caesar

workers 300?

clueless about points, but since the aim was 1M...I will say 1.1M

leader - that imperialistic roman - julius ceasar? I never know which one is who
map type - highland - hah! you chopped spaceship in northen cities xD ?
workers - 200, 1,3kk points

I'd guess the same as others and am entertained by the length of the delay for your capital. I'm guessing barbs are off? ;)

I'm also assuming that score has nothing to do with speed considering how much those jungles are going to slow down your start.... i.e. I'd never settle a spot like that for a settler difficulty culture dash.

I don't quite understand, why choose a bad starting location on purpose?

Nice to have 1080 gold even before you've settled your first city!

There are worse places to settle your cap than having 16 river tiles in your BFC (including the city itself). Cottaging the dye, wet wheat, loads of green tiles...that is going to be a monster cottage cap. Looking foward to reading about this.

I just noticed this thread. Is the guessing game for 3) and 4) still open?

Given that you want to convince us that your strategy is superior for settler score games I assume that your final score is no less than 1.7 million. (The current chieftain high score is 2.2 million which translates to 1.5 million on settler.)

How many cities can you build on a huge Highlands map before reaching the dom limit? Knowing that you usually have 120 and more workers for 30 cities, I assume you got 1,000 in this game with 200(?) cities.

I admit I was skeptical at first, but the more I think about it the more I like your strategy. Especially since more land means more huts and thus more free workers/settlers/techs/gold, more “snowballing” and craziness.

Can’t wait for the HOF update to see how close my guesses are. :popcorn:

The minimap on your last screenshot is hilarious. Your empire is amusingly dispersed.

So how are we avoiding domination? Gifting cities to AIs? Or just making a small number of cities hilariously huge? Is there some sort of late game tech that we're cranking out these GPs to bulb that will somehow make everything easier? You're being very specific with the GPs you're breeding which is making me all the more curious. Merchants give food when settled.... but what's the point of the engineers?

I am very confused as to how this translates into the highest score. I don't usually go for high score games myself. How is a high score game different from a time game?

In some of the forthcoming screenshots, would you consider doing a mouseover of the player name in the lower right hand corner where it will say something like "points if winning on this turn" with a breakdown by population, tech, etc. ? (caveat - I don't have BUG but I assume this information there).

I have never played settler level. This is crazy!

Serfdom! That's cool/I used that frequently in my first games...

I've not often seen Cereal have higher food than Sushi but I suppose not much seafood around. Is it better to spread both as quickly as possible, or just the higher output one?

Onward to 1M

I was already giggling at the purple frogspawn pouring over your map and pile of goody hut loot, when you infected me with the SETTLER, SETTLER, SETTLER earworm. Damn you!

Top Bottom