SG Registration and Recruitment

grandad1982

Deity
Hello and welcome to the SG forum!

This thread is intended as a place were you can anounce your SG and find players to fill out your roster.

Rember to include important info that will entice people into your games such as varients, specific rules, difficulty and other players already on the roster etc etc. You know what I mean I'm sure.

If your new to SG's then I recormmend you go and check out some SG's from the previous civ forums - civ4 SG's,civ3 SG's-, then come back and have loads of fun here!

See, Liquidated uses magical mystery, Nyquil fueled invocations for stickies... no begging required!!! :D

Hope hope hope and pray this pc won't blow up on the big V!

Cheers!
-Liq

Here's a presumptuous one to get the ball rolling:

B01 - Arrogant Fools

Not a 'standard' SG, but I look forward to seeing brave idiots partake in a display of arrogance through this fool's errand :thumbsup:

LotR29 Angry Aztecs
Version: Latest of Civ5
Civ: Montezuma of the Aztecs
Difficulty: Immortal
Map: Standard-size, standard # of opponents, continents, high water level
Win Condition: Domination (all enabled but anything but domination feels/counts
as a loss)
Variant: ANGRY! (described below) Basically, we will not have happy people once we cross a certain threshold fairly early in the game
Start Date: As soon as filled
Arathorn
Methos
<open>
<open>
<open>

See first post for general rules and notes and such. 24/72. No worker steals. Maximal ethics.

ANGRY! Rules
(under construction)

Restrictions:

Policies:
No Legalism (in Tradition)
No Meritocracy (in Liberty)
No garrisoning cities if Military Caste (Honor) is active
No Piety at all
No Protectionism (Commerce)
No Humanism(Rationalism) or Sovereignty (Rationalism)
No Planned Economy (Order)

Buildings:
Circus
Colosseum
Courthouse
Theatre
Stadium

Wonders:
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
The Hanging Gardens

War:
Can not raze or puppet cities – must capture every city.

My thoughts:
Unhappiness has multiple effects.

At low levels, it cuts excess food by 75%. That means cities essentially stop growing and/or grow very slowly. This is not a huge deal, and it’s often temporary (though it won’t be for us). Population can be gained in other ways! :hammer:

At high levels, it also cuts production by 50% and eliminates the chance to build settlers. Well, we can still grow our population :hammer:, but we can’t found additional cities. That kinda hurts. Production also becomes relatively a complete loser to gold. By this point, I expect we’ll be very heavy into trading posts. Buy units cheaply, upgrade ‘em, etc. Food and hammers are both semi-nixed at this point.

Also, at high levels, our troops "lose effectiveness". I don’t know what this means. 33% loss of combat strength? I think I saw that somewhere, but it's hard to tell for certain. Something like that wouldn’t surprise me. We’ll find out for sure. But it’ll make our accumulation of additional population more challenging.

I should point out that the map settings will mean we’ll have to tech a fair ways – at least to Navigation. Fortunately, beakers are only indirectly affected by happiness (by way of population growth). So we will need/want a large population base. And research agreements might be valuable – or they might not be. Something to keep in mind and discuss.

Potential sign-ups, do note difficulty level and variant nature of this. Please be ready to at least consider the possibility of defeat. We will need good play and good discussion and good luck to beat this, maybe….

Please sign up in the LotR thread.

Arathorn

Sorc01 - Hot Desert's Sun

Map: Highlands
Mountains: Ranges
Amount: Tiny
Climate: Arid
Temperature: Hot

Middle East/ Asia inspired atmosphere, the sheiks and sultans, oriental kingdoms warring for barren desert land, for title of supreme owner and ruler of those lands.

Start : Medieval
Game Speed: Epic

Aviable Civs to play (one should be chosen by team, others will be represented by AI):

Arabia
Egypt
Songhai
Persia
Ottomans
Mongols

NO CS!

Victory Conditions: Conquest Only

Game level: Immortal

Further specification rules will be chosen by players once team is set and will depend on chosen civ.

Conditions: Going honor Social Policy way, NO HEAL ALLOWED (yes that means we may only promote our units)

Huts, Barbs on.

>>Link to game thread.<<

I'm looking to hop into a SG to hone my skills a little. I played some Civ 3 SG (under a different name) and sat out the SG in Civ 4.

I was able to beat Civ 3 on deity but never really mastered Civ 4 and hovered around the middle difficulty levels. However I seem to be off to a solid start in Civ 5, crushing a prince and king and am well on my way in my current emperor game having knocked out two neighbors before 0 AD.

Unfortunately, the only real strategy that I have found success with is a form of ICS, taking advantage of CS + the order +5 hammer social policy. So what I am looking for is a King or up type game that won't be emphasizing cramming in as many cities as possible. I really want to hone my skills and learn some alternate paths to victory. PM me if you are interested!

Not sure how much currently running games look here, you may want to see if any are looking for another player. I know at least one had an open slot.

*Notes the tumbleweeds and crickets; shrugs.

I see there isn't much going on around here but figured I'd throw a post up anyway. I'd be interested in joining an SG if anybody is starting one or has spots open. I used to play them here back in IV, or was it III? Maybe both - it's been a few years for me.

(I have all the DLC civs if it matters; I noted some issue with that in some of the other SGs I read through here.)

We've got the Gandhi one active (it's also the only active one). I'd be okay with another player, but I get to kill the Iroquois first. :mwaha:

I've been following that one (being the only one going) but didn't really want to impose on a set roster with a plan :p

I haven't had the game too long and there's a lot I still don't quite get about it yet, though I have won all but one of my games so far, mostly on Prince, the last couple on King.

If the group wants/needs another player I can give it a shot.

Top Bottom