SGOTM 02 - Xteam

So are we warlording or are we vanilla-ing?

My comfort level has increased to cruising through a prince game without any real hassles, I'm learning new stuff all the time though. And I suffered my first 1 in a thousand loss, when my immortal attacked a scout and lost. :mad:

Did you play with the 2.08 patch? :mischief:

The improved AI took me by surprise!! :eek: Can't talk yet as it was in the WOTM03 game. :cry:

I'm ready to play in Warlords, I hope. :crazyeye: I think we'll need to do some play testing to figure out the start, depending upon what Gyathaar and AlanH cook up for us. But that should wait for our thread to open. :D

What does everyone think? :p

Yeah, all my games so far have been using the 2.08 hof patch. I can't compare AIs, as I'm yet to play a 1.61 game, and my prince game was very peaceful anyway, so I didn't see the AI go to war.

From the sounds of things, I definitely prefer we play warlords.

bede said:
it makes for an interesting middle and end game for they don't stagnate as they used to.

Especially for that reason. Interesting middle and end games are fun, even if they are frustrating. Just look at the latest civ3 SGOTM.

I would much rather work together to learn and figure out Warlords, so I am up for Warlords as well. We'll just need to hear what others wish; particularly Gator as I think he just picked up Warlords this weekend and prolly hasn't had much time to play around with it. :D

Warlords is the better choice for one simple reason: this is a team of all Windows players and the requirement to have a level playing field in vanilla for Mac and Windows players requires yet another mod that lacks certain big fixes. alan wasn't detailed as to what they were but I'd be much happier sticking with the game I am finally beginning to learn.

From what I can see from the start page, this is going to be a game of heavy warfare. Seventeen nations on a standard map with a funky resource distribution. Even a diplomatic game is going to be heavy on the warfare as the field of candidates will need winnowing and the way to win it will be diplonation, or something close to it, and trying to manage all those relationships with seven religions will give you a headache, anyway. And the Warlords game is a good warmongering game.

Bede said:
From what I can see from the start page, this is going to be a game of heavy warfare. Seventeen nations on a standard map with a funky resource distribution. Even a diplomatic game is going to be heavy on the warfare as the field of candidates will need winnowing and the way to win it will be diplonation, or something close to it, and trying to manage all those relationships with seven religions will give you a headache, anyway. And the Warlords game is a good warmongering game.
I'll start sharpening my sword... :mischief: :p

EDIT: And Axe!! :high5:

I'll open warlords then and start playing.

One question: When I install the HOF mod, does it automatically mod the whole game or do I need to start the games different than clicking on the icon?

When you start a new game go to "advanced" from the start screen, then load the HoF mod. The game will then restart with the mod installed. Once you have a modded game saved you can open the save and it will automatically start with the mod.

I did purchase Warlords over the weekend and I'm loading it now, so we should be able to play the Warlord version.

Looks like it'll be Warlords then. :thumbsup:

Has anyone let Alan know that yet? :hmm:

@rrau - did you get it to work. You could download WOTM03 and see if it'll load up? If you do so, the HOF mod, when you click on settings, will have a couple of things in red that tell you the game is not set up properly to submit to HoF. That is a good thing as it is supposed to do that. Good luck. :crazyeye:

leif erikson said:
If you do so, the HOF mod, when you click on settings, will have a couple of things in red that tell you the game is not set up properly to submit to HoF. That is a good thing as it is supposed to do that.

I started a new game using the Advanced button to load the HOF mod first and I got those red warnings. I was going to ask about them but leif has already supplied the answer. :goodjob:

Started a Prince game last night as Japan and got 2 religions, haven't passed the point of the CS sling yet, trying to get a feel for the new version.

Top Bottom