SGOTM 07 - Murky Waters

Don't redeclare on Monty. Rather Alex next turn. I don't want all these ship loads to vanish into the ocean, but find a nearby location to unload.
Okay. Should I wait to re-declare till after he upgrades 1 turn?

Btw, KK has only 1141g.

That would take 8 turns. Athens has four lbs and a phalanx. Heavily promoted.

Maybe KK is competent enough to take Athens on his own? His three galleons in Tiwanaku will carry 5 Grenadiers and 4 cats, all with pretty good promotions too.

Edit: Yes, this is a good opportunity. Here is my suggestion:

This turn:
Move chokos to Madrid for upgrading.
Next turn:
Chemistry in, upgrade chokos. If KK's units are upgraded then dow Alex, ask KK to target Athens.
Turn after:
Start luring pillagers towards Hamburg

I take it Fred's sword stack moved back to have a 'third' defender there. Does that mean there's no way Fred will break up that stack to attack units that are adjacent? What if he builds a new lb? Can that take the place of the sword as a defender, thus freeing teh sword stack to attack adjacent?
First one error correction :blush:: Also the capital needs only 2 (3 in danger) defenders when the civ has less than 3 cities total.
I don't see anything that changes grouping besides:
  • Group head wants to join another group.
  • Stack loads on ships
  • Group head is dead
  • Stack gets split by attacking (and killing) another stack.
But it's also not sure that this is only one stack.
A new unit might or might not change the picture. :crazyeye:

LC, if you can get us both Hamburg and Athens in your turnset I promise to never question anything you ever post again today. If you get us Kyoto as well I will worship you for the rest of this succession game... :bowdown:

Okay. My break is over. The way I see it, Asoka has 6 units (2 or 3 stacks) moving toward Hambrug. The cat CITY_ATTACK stack will bombard until we're ready to have it attack, while the other stack catches up. Since Asoka plays before KK, we'll simply use it as part of our red-line attack force.

So I'll move our units back to Madrid (lost a turn of healing :() to upgrade, then continue forward. I won't DoW Alex yet.

Okay, guys, it's T140, Hamburg is ready to fall and we need to decide how to go about it. We could bribe Asoka to DoP Fred for either PP ro Chemistry or we could DoW Asoka now and attack his units, making it difficult for him to capture and hold Hamburg. Then red-line Hamburg.

If Asoka DoP's then we keep our Hamburg NW NW road, otherwise we probably lose it. That would be quite a bummer.

If we DoW Asoka, of course, we get to bash his melee units a bunch and don't give him the extra tech.

Okay, guys, it's T140, Hamburg is ready to fall and we need to decide how to go about it. We could bribe Asoka to DoP Fred for either PP ro Chemistry or we could DoW Asoka now and attack his units, making it difficult for him to capture and hold Hamburg. Then red-line Hamburg.

If Asoka DoP's then we keep our Hamburg NW NW road, otherwise we probably lose it. That would be quite a bummer.

If we DoW Asoka, of course, we get to bash his melee units a bunch and don't give him the extra tech.
How about DoW Asoka after he has taken Hamburg. That should make it easy :crazyeye: for KK to take it.

That's a tough call. I can't open the save. Would it be possible to CF Fred, bribe him to DoP Asoka and then redeclare? That would preserve the road, keep hamburg for kk and deny asoka a tech.

EDIT: Or klarius's suggestion. I'd prefer either one of those to bribing asoka to DoP.

How about DoW Asoka after he has taken Hamburg. That should make it easy :crazyeye: for KK to take it.

Sounds ok with me. Bombard to 0%, watch Asoka take it, and then DOW Asoka next turn.

Though bribing Asoka to CF is also ok.

That delays KK's capture 1 turn.

If we only bombard it, then Asoka will probably lose about two units and be able to stick about five defenders in there, including a Musket, if the musket doesn't pillage. If we red-line it, it's even worse, of course. If we beat up Asoka and red-line Hamburg, then Asoka can capture it, but not defend it too much.

That's a tough call. I can't open the save. Would it be possible to CF Fred, bribe him to DoP Asoka and then redeclare? That would preserve the road, keep hamburg for kk and deny asoka a tech.
Not possible. Can't bribe Fred under CF. Can't re-DoW after DoP.

Anyway, guys, there's no hurry. Go home and take a look at the save, then let me know what you think. I'm not playing again till tonight at the earliest.

That delays KK's capture 1 turn.

If we only bombard it, then Asoka will probably lose about two units and be able to stick about five defenders in there, including a Musket, if the musket doesn't pillage. If we red-line it, it's even worse, of course. If we beat up Asoka and red-line Hamburg, then Asoka can capture it, but not defend it too much.

Attack an adjacent city is higher prio than attacking a unit, right?
And Asoka moves before kk. Yeah, a dow on Asoka now is probably best. Just watch for a landing at Madrid.

Come to think of it, if Asoka captures Hamburg this turn and we wait till next turn to DoW Asoka, then KK might move his grens away from Hamburg (only one might stop to heal). That's not an option for me.

Back
Top Bottom