SGOTM 08 - The Real Ms. Beyond

You didn't have read earlier messages?

->>> "I try to play it, but only that I get is window where is text HOF mod error, and something warnings about it that the play will be not valid in results etc. And yes - I have Vista on my computer and I have do IMO everything that the HOF's site Vista-fix page order to do. I don't now but I don't get that "3. Under Privilege Level, select Run this program as an administrator, and then click OK." in the choosemenu when I try to open it...

I think I'm out of playing that mod... somebody else could play next... "

Played a short round as we still have much disagreement. Got 3 axes heading towards Shaka on the choke plan, but we can build more for a dagger if consensus reached. Nothing worth posting a picture of.

T0 - Revolt to slavery on Jabah's advice. Switch research to Mysticism. Move gold to clam for growth.
T1 - Move worker to hill 1S of capital to chop.
T2 - City founded, starts warrior working grass forest.
T3 - Shaka adopts Slavery.
T4 - Capital grows, gold worked again.
T5 - worker heads to gold to road it. 1st axe in, lot of chop overflow.
T6 - Myst in, Masonry selected.
T7 - 2nd axe done.
T8 - Whipping capital would only shave one turn off 3rd axe, decide it isn't worth it. Worker heads to pig.
T9 - 2nd city's warrior finished. No really great build options, pick WB for future exploration to the south, research back to Sailing. (Masonry 1 turn from done)
T10 - 3rd axe out. I goofed not switching back to sailing earlier so can't start a lighthouse till next turn, but I think we need another worker and start that. Leading axe is unmoved as it's near a panther, no way it would win but next player could move it back to our other axe.

Save
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm8/The_Real_Ms_Beyond_SG008_BC2000_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Assuming we stay with choking plan, capital can go lighthouse after the worker. Pottery would be a tech choice after sailing/masonry for GLH, a chopped granary could help 2nd city get up to speed (it will likely build our next settler while capital builds lighthouse). Workers can build mines as needed, and connect ivory (camp can be built w/o IW) so capital can get to size 7.

The fork point is the Oracle decision, if we want that we need those techs obviously and capital should build the settler/galley for marble instead of lighthouse.

I need also to have a look at the save, but if we could have 2 extra axes quickly with a whip (build axe this turn, whip next, overflow in the 5th axe) then we should do it before lighthouse/GLH to try to kill Shaka instead of choking him if that is what the majority wants.

Shaka being in slavery is not good, we will have to act quickly (and with all axe together) if we want to avoid him whip to o many archer.

We are allowed to look at the save file????

Consider this to be a stupid noob question...but if someone can confirm that we can have a look at it then I'll have a look tonight....I take it we can look but not play it...(That would be cheating right? - Otherwise we would know the location of the resources and other AI nations)

Of course not the world builder.

He meant loading up the normal save in the game and checking it out as if you "would" play it, but of course you aren´t.

TheArchduke, Jabah - Any words of wisdom coming from your review of the save file?

I'm quite keen to go next to move the game along a bit...I can play Monday/Tuesday evenings this week. - Anybody object?

I agree with timmy827's summary of next objectives (Capital= worker/lighthouse, grow pig city, Road to Ivory, maybe include a spear in our axe stack - as I notice Shaka has horses...although unlikely to have HBR at this point.)

Anyone with any more thoughts on Oracle? (Capital = worker/lighthouse or galley/settler)
My own view is that we will be too late for Oracle by the time we have built galley/settler and settled on top of the Marble so we should skip Oracle in favour of GLH. - Anyone else on the subject?

I didn't manage to check the save...

If Shaka has horses, it is likely that he has settle the 2nd city south (or could culture have expanded that far - could someone post a picture sinceI am aat work). With 3 axes we should be able to raze/capture it (or pillage if only culture from capital).

How long would 2nd city take to build a settler (once pig are pasturised?). I probably would build it from there (either now or wait until since 2, but need a 'strong' 2nd tile like mined hill), while the capital could build a galley (after worker and lighthouse?).

For the Oracle, I would not bother right now, we could think again when marble island is settle (do we want the city ON the marble to be our GPP farm with 3 fish or next to it - I vote 'on'), which won't happen during this turnset anyway :)

I think we should go with 2-3 quick axes and add them to our queue going to Shaka. It won´t delay our expansion plans for too long and it is just too valuable if we can get rid of Shaka now.

So we are back to our choke against rush decision.

I still think rush is the way to go as any capital would be better then any other city we could found.

I am quite suprised on how timid everyone is.

Else things look good, who would want to go next over the next week?

Sorry Jabah...My mistake....he doesn't have horses yet. - They are just outside his cultural boundary to the SW.

Is everyone OK if I play this week?

Sounds good, though as always I have to ask for 2 more axes.

TheArchduke of the broken record, but I still think if we can strike him with 5-6 axes pre-1000 we can get rid of a major obstacle.

Something which is worth more then any early wonders combined!!

OK, after some thought I agree with Archduke that 2-3 more axes won't impede our other goals, and could allow a takeout. Not sure if I favor that over the choke but in my mind it's close enough that I'm fine with either direction. I would still build the worker first, which can make up the hammers quickly by chopping/mining around the capital.

If we want to try Oracle, the marble city definitely should go on top of the marble, will save many worker turns.

I am also fine with orb taking the next set.

Ok. An update that I, in fact, AM alive. I hope to take a look at the save tomorrow and make some comments, but it seems like you guys are doing very well so far!

Top Bottom