SGOTM 09 - Murky Waters

Religious sight was removed in BTS, and replaced with an espionage bonus

Well, I'm able to play this morning, so let's figure out any final adjustments. I'm going to do a quick test to see if making HC a AP member changes anything. EDIT: No, it doesn't help.

Otherwise, I like the idea of speeding up the GP, and doing this with Lagos 3S.

There is still another possibility:
Once the war with Shaka is over, HC might be convinced to become our peace time vassal.

Okay, I'll play into the next turn, see if Shaka dies or not.

Btw, another missed opportunity: It appears from my testing that AP membership does not introduce civs, resolution votes however do.

Will we get more negmods with Joao and will he still trade? I assume you've taken that into account, right?

Anyone else planning to chime in? Or should I just continue on?
It's unlikely that we take more neg. with Joao. Vassal "-" points depend on power and HC doesn't contribute much.
Anyway we could afford a few negs with Joao.

I figured something like that, but too many times I've received an offer that was no longer acceptable after the IBT, so I wasn't taking any chances.
You could have renegotiated even IBT. No chance taking in that.
Also at least you could look who was the one who got MC, by looking on the diplomacy tab.

We have spices from HC, so the spices settlement is lower priority. Should we settle Vienna next instead? It could be on the grass with copper and five levee tiles or on the plains with 7 levee tiles, but no copper.

What about Morocco? 7 floodplains, corn, 10 river tiles.

Edit: one of the floodplains overlaps with Nobamba.

Turnset complete. No additional surprises. We have 8t more GA. I researched Nationalism in the last turn. HG will be done next turn, Taj will require another 5t at most. Joao has Guilds and will trade.

I dropped a SoD next to Hun and he immediately suicided 14 swords. Mop up ZPV...:lol:

Guys, that was a fun turnset. Thanks for all your help! :goodjob: These 8t turnsets are challenging. So much to do, not much time to do it.

LC, that was Majestic! Intense!! Time to start the tech race :D

GA ages are accumulative, yes? So Taj will add the turns to the end of the previous golden age? I wonder if we can run GA for the rest of the game? :lol:

Excellent play LC! Really awesome! :bowdown:

We need markets, grocers, banks more than science buildings. Especially in places like Babylon, MR.
Settle the GG in MW for the beakers.

I tested to optimize for research by running merchants, and we can run 976 bpt at 60% research @ +1gpt. That means we get Constitution in two turns, Economics on T130, Corporation on T131, AL on T135!!!

And with a merchant mission, we can run 1500 bpt which gives us Electricity on T138, Industrialism on T141, and Rocketry on T144. Apollo next => enter space race :D

Top Bottom