SGOTM 21 - Misfit Gypsy Nuts

Next person needs to improve the grass NE of Lakeside, it is riverside and worth at least 1 extra coin. It also allows GB to steal a farm asap.

All looks good!

Moving on?

Do you want to play a few more before the Easter holiday nocho? Or on to sleepless?

If we go 80/20 Science/EP slider for just 1 turn, we can still get Lib in 3 turns, but if we switch EP to 100% Liz for that 1 turn, we will be able to see her research after that 1 turn.

When we attack Louis, we definitely want to land on the gem NW of Paris and take it then Orleans asap. Louis will be crippled at that point.

None of Mansa's cities are placed properly for a summer home, but we could burn and replant of course.
How not so? I see four cities no less (including one south of Toledo) that are built on desert and next to the coast. It says coast OR oasis, if that's the confusion.

The Galleons are there so we could sail straight to London, it is kind of on the way to Louis also!
Exactly. ;) We need a turn of healing still though.

Next person needs to improve the grass NE of Lakeside, it is riverside and worth at least 1 extra coin. It also allows GB to steal a farm asap.

All looks good!

Moving on?

Do you want to play a few more before the Easter holiday nocho? Or on to sleepless?
Well, as much as I'm tempted, it's nearly 6 in the afternoon here and we leave at 10 in the morning, so maybe better to breathe quietly and let Sleepless have fun with his Queeny. :D

If we go 80/20 Science/EP slider for just 1 turn, we can still get Lib in 3 turns, but if we switch EP to 100% Liz for that 1 turn, we will be able to see her research after that 1 turn.
We have 0 EP on Liz and make a measly 12 EP per turn, while her research costs 90 EP to see. So it'll take a bit more than a turn. ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't process the part about the slider. Well yeah, 20% spy slider for a turn sounds fine. It'll be good to have some control on her libbing progress.

On second thought, let me play 1 turn tonight; that way we can get visibility on Liz's tech and strength, while meanwhile healing up and getting some troops closer into position. Then Sleepless after that can take over, while we all will have a better idea of Liz tech and muscle power. Ok?

Yes confusion on the desert city, thought I read coastal and oasis.

They can heal in the boat. ;)

The roster order is,

EDIT: nocho 1 turn, UP NOW

Ronnie1 - waiting
namliaM - waiting
nocho - just played + 1 turn! UP NOW
sleepless - UP (April 3)
McArine - on deck

Ok, 1 turn later today. :)

Do units actually heal in boats on the move? I always wondered about that. And does a supermedic have effect, especially if in another boat on the same tile?

Yes to both! Super medic can even be in adjacent tile. The turn moving onto the boats does not count of course.

Ok, turn played. Handing over! :)

Well worth it the 20% of spy slider for a turn, not only do we know now that Liz has lib due in 4 (!!) turns, but we also gained practically full visibility and see that she's not very strong (1.7 power). :D So she's pretty ripe for the taking, I'd leave her with her most eastern city, Canterburry, leaving her alive next to the other midget kingdom that is the Netherlands.

We have 8 galleons with units that can land on the southern shore next turn. We still have some units left without boats available, I had the idea of moving them towards kwaDu, to be more easily picked up for transfer towards London. One road needs to be build next turn, 2 workers on that tile which I marked with a sign. There's also a galleon coming south from Ulundi, the xbow defending Ulundi could be moved onto it; there's a longbow replacement coming there soon. Also a galleon coming from near Popcorn still.

Well, maybe a screenshot will also help. Maybe also nice for the 1 lurker that's also following us instead of just only TSR and the Ducks. :lol:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 153/500 (860 AD) [02-Apr-2015 18:57:59]
War Elephant 11 (Beaver Isle) promoted: Combat II
80% Research: 642 per turn
0% Culture: 157 per turn
20% Espionage: 116 per turn
0% Gold: -386 per turn, 1882 in the bank

After End Turn:
Athens grows to size 13
Whorses grows to size 8
NorthFish grows to size 7
Nongoma finishes: Courthouse
Ulundi grows to size 5
Ulundi finishes: Courthouse
kwaDukuza grows to size 5
2 West Fish grows to size 3

Turn 154/500 (880 AD) [02-Apr-2015 19:05:23]
While attacking just off shore near ShakaWhales, Trireme 1 (Whorses) (1.68/2) defeats Barbarian Galley (Prob Victory: 91.0%)
A Cottage was built near Beaver Isle
Phalanx 2 (Popcorn) promoted: Combat I

Looks good Nocho. Not really going to be able to have a good look at the save till tomorrow afternoon so will outline a PPP then.

So looks like Nat from Lib then and use the GE on the Taj when we have London. Def not before as MoM won't extend a golden age if were in one when we capture.

Also need to try and find a nice city for Isabella. That def seems better than using 3GPs on her.

Liz luxuries we would have to do before we obsolete ivory. Need to hunt around for some wine. If we have the choice I'd rather use GGs on proper military. :)

I wouldnt waste a GE on Taj, it simply exchanges one golden age for another

We can build Taj fast enough once we have Marble from Louis and pre-build/whip some buildings to mass overflow to it.
No AI is going to research it any time soonish anyways.

Totally agree with MM on the GE. Build Taj, we can even start it asap in anticipation of gaining the MoM soonish.

I actually have a concern about reducing Liz to just 1 city. She is the worst enemy of both Isa and Louis, Mansa doesn't like her either, she hasn't even met Toku or Mao. If we reduce her to a single city, she could be killed off very easily. It will be very hard to win her heart if she is dead. :(

We can leave Liz and the MoM till later.. We are going to get Lib first anyway and she will tech quite quickly even when were at war.

So perhaps go back to the original plan of attacking Louis next??

Also tech do we want to get the GM from Economics?? If we don't go there after Lib there is a good chance we might miss it.

Of course downside is we can't build a castle and so gift Isabella a city. From a very quick look at the save yesterday there was no obvious place of settling a city. If we'd known earlier could have settled it when there was room.. :(

Well, that city for Isa we can capture from Mansa.

I'd still be in favour of attacking Liz. We can build her a beautiful brown city south of Utrecht where she'll be save from harm. She should accept if she has a city count of 3 or under.

The thing about the Taj, it's not true we exchange one GA for another if we build it with a GE. We need 2 great people now for a GA. So basically it's having 2 GAs for 2 great people. Or spending 1+1+2+3 etc great people on GAs rather than 1+2+3+4. Of course if we can build it ourselves we save a GE, that's true. But for now we don't have marble and we could soon have competition. Building it ourselves also means lost opportunity cost. That's the hammers of 10+ units. ;)

Well, that city for Isa we can capture from Mansa.

I'd still be in favour of attacking Liz. We can build her a beautiful brown city south of Utrecht where she'll be save from harm. She should accept if she has a city count of 3 or under.

Still need to do it before economics and its likely Mansa won't be far away from getting it once he has Edu from Liz.

Main thing here is do we want the free GM and the boost of FM earlier against the "easier" city gift to isabella?

have to agree on the Taj GE not being a waste. As mentioned it means a Golden Age for the cost of the GE. Obviously we want to do it when we want a change in civics. Free Speech or Nationalism spring to mind shortly.

Plus where would we want to build the taj. Lakeside is obviously our best hammer city but needs to stick with military.

Before I put up a PPP I need to have a basic idea of what route to take.

Do we attack Liz now?

Tech path. Do we want to miss economics and gift Isabella a city down the line?

If so I will go Lib (take Nat) Gunpowder - Chem.

If we want the GM Lib - Nat - Guilds - Banking - Economics..

City builds. If we go for Liz I will have to build some defenders as a few cities are a bit weak... ;). Also more concentration on troops rather than ships.

Guess Nocho is up for attacking Liz. I'd prefer to do it down the line a bit but no real preference over her or Louis. So put me on the fence.. :lol:

I forgot we used a single person GA already. :(

In that case, I would use the GE on Taj in either 3 Fish or 3 Clams. Those are our 2 biggest gpp producers. I don't think we will get another Great person from a city other than those. 3 Fish doubles the gpp, so that would be my choice I think.

Our navy, Galleons = 10, Caravel = 2, Trireme = 1, Galley = 2

Our attacking army, (no archer/warriors),
WE = 9, Xbow = 7, Mace = 4, Pike = 1, HA = 1, Phalanx = 2, Sword = 1

Our siege army, Treb = 7, Cat = 2

1 GG Super Medic chariot.

Under construction, 1 Treb. We will want more of everything imo. I would prioritize attacking and siege about 1 to 1 still. I feel we still need more Galleons also.

Having a land locked only empire eliminates an option for Liz's heart.

An AP win should be pretty easy if Liz controls the AP. Every one else hates here.

Teching is clearly Lib for Nat for the next 2 turns. Having the 3rd clue for Isa would be helpful for deciding tech path after that.

I am in favor of going straight to Louis! His wonders are nicer and will speed up our tech rate more!

We only need what 4 galleons to chain from our west to Louis, problem is landing the initial stack which is a bit more of a worry in island warfare vs continental warfare...

Louis first means marble faster = less value of the GE on Taj?
Also IF we go after liz after Louis delaying taj till we get mom also makes sence

Top Bottom