[BTS] SGOTM 24 Turbo Ants

Kind of a shame we now have this forested empire running Env and the game's over. We never got to use our preserve tiles. They'd look pretty good in a golden age. I wonder what our tech rate could be.

I love how one tile east of our preserved empire Darius owns Mountain-desert-desert-Mountain with his culture bombed city that we gave him! (screenshot a few posts back) It's a work of art. Especially that one red tile (stone city) surrounded by all the blue (not in the screenshot).

All right, I'm back from Bangkok and ready to go.

Got it!

I'll have a PPP up later today. I plan to play all the way to the end!

Spoiler :
Nice work, WT and LC! :bowdown: Like Pollina (and ZPV), sorry to have been so useless these past several weeks. Life happened...

I see we had 7 unused, backup spies thx to your careful safety planning, LC.
I bet you wear 2 condoms.
after 21 kids i switched to three.

I was however trying figure out what to do with all your beakers -- economics or physics -- ended up buying 3x too many eps instead. Dam good thing we didn't go for t156 ..

That worker MM was pretty intense and you had it wired pretty early on. :thumbsup: Glad it was you playing and not WT!! :D As WT has said, his "Automate Worker" solution is to upload the save and have you perform all of the worker actions. haha

That worker MM was pretty intense and you had it wired pretty early on. :thumbsup: Glad it was you playing and not WT!! :D As WT has said, his "Automate Worker" solution is to upload the save and have you perform all of the worker actions. haha
I should have gotten called on an unexpected trip to Korea. :D It was interesting how Serfdom turned out better than Slavery+Serfdom.

Congratz to the victory!:goodjob:
A great game like always from you guys. Gold again I presume:)(Nostalgia and Xteam are still behind you...)

Congratz to the victory!:goodjob:
A great game like always from you guys. Gold again I presume:)(Nostalgia and Xteam are still behind you...)
Thanks for the game, Zhary. Well designed. Actually more available elements to this game than we were able to take advantage, for example the early access to Gandhi. That's not easy to create. Because we built SH, we never got an early exploring wb out. We were too busy endlessly netting seafood.

Seems as though SOS is playing the latter part of the game solo. At least LC had WT... but I guess WT was pretty much flying solo too! :D

At least LC had WT... but I guess WT was pretty much flying solo too! :D
You no maka sensa. amigo. When WT has to do all the MM, it takes him months, nay years to finish one of his highest scores... :p

The largely unspoken miracle in this game was how WT managed to fool Stalin into emptying Moscow for the capture after I had filled it up with units. My most brilliant decision of the game was to turn the save over to him at that point...

Yes, I'm amazed at WT's warring skills. It's almost like he's able to use World Builder, open the save, and delete the units like I used to do when I first started playing this game. haha. There are definitely tricks that can be employed but in my SP games, I just roll up onto the city with my SOD and roll the dice. I guess that explains a lot, huh? ;)

To be honest, you and WT make a perfect team. It seems as though you compliment each other quite well in what you're able to do (and like to do?). Watching you guys put together a plan in the thread is like watching a 100-hit rally in tennis at 4X speed without the commentary since it seems as though you speak in code and/or can read each other's minds. I know something amazing just occurred but I'm scratching my head wondering how it all happened so fast.

To be honest, you and WT make a perfect team. It seems as though you compliment each other quite well in what you're able to do (and like to do?). Watching you guys put together a plan in the thread is like watching a 100-hit rally in tennis at 4X speed without the commentary since it seems as though you speak in code and/or can read each other's minds. I know something amazing just occurred but I'm scratching my head wondering how it all happened so fast.
We definitely are able to be on the same page, even when we're playing with variables or changing the page. I think part of it is the ability to have a sense of the possible factors involved in any CIV situation, in particular how those factors play into the future of the game. For example, DB talked about not even thinking of using espionage to flip Toku into Environmentalism. That's a gap in knowing the possible factors. That rarely happens with us. Instead we're aware of the gamut of factors, eliminate the less useful ones and then optimize or select the best from the remaining ones. That occurs on multiple levels the highest being choice of victory condition, so it's also the ability to be aware of and align those levels, including into the future.

It is for me an intellectual joy to play with WT for that reason. ;)

From that perspective, this scenario was interesting because it (apparently -- see DB chops) involved a somewhat unusual mix of factors. TA spotted that from the beginning, the food-rich, low-hammer area, distant AP targets, late start to warring, very little exploration, but we had to keep re-evaluating the factors again and again and finally realized that AI was going to be the best solution for our situation.

Last edited:
It is for me an intellectual joy to play with WT for that reason. ;)
:hug:
Yea, I decided several SG's ago that I wasn't going to play unless LC played. And since then, we do seem to have become more and more compatible in our playstyle and cooperation. We just need a 3rd player that likes to take screenshots and make our thread easier to read, enjoy, and understand by Mitchum the peanut gallery.
That occurs on multiple levels the highest being choice of victory condition
Yea, I feel like I was clinging to Domination for too long because of how much less thinking/timing it requires. The fact that we bulbed Astro shows that we were not expecting to do religious. It was really helpful to be forced to plan a religious victory again after all these years. Now I won't shy away from it. It shoulda been pretty obvious that's the fastest win on this map.
Of all the lucky things that we pointed out already, one more was that no AI went for Theo before we (finally) decided to commit. I bet we were very close to losing control of the AP situation. Either getting beat to it or even just forcing us to rush it on a turn that doesn't line up with the other game's goals.

It's interesting that when Pollina was doing research on when AIs revolt to civics and religion, I didn't think much of it, but with AP it became vital knowledge. :goodjob: to Pollina!

Doing a coastal 2corn city was the right plan. (of course we got Gaul as our coastal 2corn). I didn't think of this reason at the time, but note: Xteam did not go coastal and Darius planted a forest-preserve-stealing city. Probably destroyed a forest too. They'll have to attack Darius. (and before he chops)

7. In regards to the workers, maybe we don't need to have 30 workers if we can set victory date 1~5 turns later than the date when we get medicine. In the extreme cases, we can just have 10 more workers and save about 900 hammers and 450 unit cost
Someone truly after WT's heart. :p :D

Top Bottom