[BTS] SGOTM 24 Xteam

I'll just say that if it comes to it, I can try to finish the game tomorrow night.

We have until midnight, but in which timezone? I think it might be Pacific time, but I'm not positive.

RL intervened, and I didn't get back to the computer for much of the early evening as planned, so sorry I didn't respond to ZB's request for a save.

We now hold Tokyo and Kyoto. Just be conservative with the hill cities and bring it home. Toku has no iron or horses, but he is trading with G now (wartime friendship), so that could change.

Darius completed the Apollo Program on turn 272.

We have a GG available for use at the front. Don't have any clever idea. Perhaps just maximize promotions for a number of grens and trebs, as they are the critical units in taking the hill cities.

We also have a couple of spies in Japan, but I've no idea how to use them to any effect.

Gandhi builds and moves ships every turn. Keep on top of him, and he will be kept in check. Sinking his ships should make it easier to extort an Enviro conversion, if he gets out of it. He has made no aggressive moves on land.

Suggest concentrating forces on Toku's two western coastal cities, while deploying only one or two siege units and their protection on the other two cities (including the island city), gradually reducing their culture, until we have the forces available to take them.

I have been concerned about Toku's galleons suddenly transporting units to a threatening location, but he has done none of that, just sailed them here and there, into and out of cities, seemingly without units aboard.

We now have enough airships in place to recon where needed and to weaken most, if not all, enemy units of consequence each turn. This inhibits their movement, simplifies tactics, and certainly improves our combat percentages. BTW, find that bombard mission also serves pretty well as a recon.

Uncertain schedule tomorrow, but will try and check the thread when able.

Save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/download.php?file=Xteam_SG024_AD1808_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Last edited:
Playing, will post updates here.

t278 - Osaka falls

t281 - Izumo falls, Gandi adopts SP :sad:

t283 - Nagoya falls

t285 - Asoka completes Apollo Program

t287 - Satsuma falls, Toku is dead. Medicine will come in next turn but the AP resolution will come first so we're going to be delayed 10 turns :mad:

t289 - The UN is built by Gandhi.

t290 - We are elected Secretary General. It's 4 turns until the next vote when I will propose Environmentalism, 3 turns after that it's the next AP vote.

EDIT: Sorry some real life stuff came up, planning to resume about 1600 BST.

Last edited:
Wow, after all that planning for Religious victory, Gandhi goes and builds the U.N. We probably can't win via the U.N. though, so it's good to have AP.

Good show, NZ. Curious to see a save.

Trying to understand this: Is the reason why we did we not go ahead and finish Medicine and convert to Enviro before the next AP resolution -- say, finish Medicine and convert on turn 286 or 7, then bribe -- because G couldn't change civics again until 291?

Does it make any difference whether we convert to Enviro now or just before the UN vote.

Had G not built the UN, like to know how expensive it would have been to bribe civs into Enviro.

Why couldn't we win via the UN, now that it's built?

Trying to understand this: Is the reason why we did we not go ahead and finish Medicine and convert to Enviro before the next AP resolution -- say, finish Medicine and convert on turn 286 or 7, then bribe -- because G couldn't change civics again until 291?
No. I screwed up - he could have changed, it's only a 5 turn timer. I should have completed Medicine ready. No guarantee he would have been willing to change mind you - see below.

Does it make any difference whether we convert to Enviro now or just before the UN vote.
No - I didn't convert at all I let the UN do it. I tested this though just in case!

Had G not built the UN, like to know how expensive it would have been to bribe civs into Enviro.
No idea - guess we could use an old save and test this once the gaame is done.

Why couldn't we win via the UN, now that it's built?
We probably could but the logisitics worked out really well - I've just converted the world to Environmentalism via the UN, Gandhi voted No which is interesting. 3 turns until the AP vote.

Last edited:
Turn 295, 1850 AD: Sitting Bull adopts Environmentalism!
Turn 295, 1850 AD: Gandhi adopts Environmentalism!
Turn 295, 1850 AD: The United Nations voting members have announced their decision: U.N. Resolution #1190 (Global Civic - Environmentalism) (Requires 430 of 845 Total Votes)

Here is the uploaded save from the turn the UN enforced Enviromentalism on everyone (including ourselves).

Here is the screenshot showing 51 Forest Preserves in the starting area (we had a forest grow!).

And now we have the win :)

As well as Darius, Asoka voted for us as well.

Spoiler SGOTM Submission :
Reference number:

Game: C-IV SGOTM 24
Your team: Xteam
Your name: NobleZarkon
Date submitted: 2017-05-30
Software Version: BtS 3.19
Game date: 1858AD
Total turns played: 299
Session turns played: 3
Player race: Native America
Firaxis score: 3995
Session time played (hh:mm:ss): 00:03:27
Total time played (hh:mm:ss): 75:25:25
Game status: Religious Victory for Native America
Submitted save: Sitting Bull_1858-AD_May-30-2017_16-07-42.CivBeyondSwordSave
Renamed file: Xteam_SG024_AD1858_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Spoiler Buffy Log :

Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 274/500 (1808 AD) [30-May-2017 09:11:47]
Tokyo begins: Trebuchet (81 turns)
Nara begins: Trebuchet (81 turns)
Elm begins: Caravel (3 turns)

0% Research: 9 per turn
0% Culture: 158 per turn
100% Espionage: 927 per turn
0% Gold: -551 per turn, 3389 in the bank

After End Turn:
Ombú grows to size 16
West Palm Beech finishes: Grenadier
Aspen finishes: Airship

Elm grows to size 13
Mangrove finishes: Work Boat
Yekaterinburg grows to size 7
A Village was built near St. Petersburg
Hamburg's borders expand

Hamburg finishes: Catapult
Munich grows to size 12
Munich finishes: Frigate
Frankfurt grows to size 12
Frankfurt finishes: Catapult

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Tokugawa (Japan) towards Gandhi (India), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 275/500 (1810 AD) [30-May-2017 10:33:54]
West Palm Beech begins: Grenadier (5 turns)
Aspen begins: Airship (14 turns)
Frankfurt begins: Catapult (8 turns)

Frigate 11 (Stuttgart) promoted: Combat III
Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) promoted: Combat I

While attacking, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 90.9%)
While attacking in Persian territory near Bremen, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) (4.16/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 90.9%)

Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) promoted: Medic I
Frigate 12 (Ombú) promoted: Drill I

While attacking, Knight 5 (Oak) decimates Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory near Nagoya, Knight 5 (Oak) (10.00/10) defeats Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Airship 7 (Aspen) promoted: Combat I
Airship 12 (Stuttgart) promoted: Combat I
Knight 10 (Pine) promoted: Pinch
Knight 20 (Dortmund) promoted: Pinch
Airship 20 (St. Petersburg) promoted: Pinch
Airship 6 (Ombú) promoted: Combat I
Grenadier 19 (Pine) promoted: City Garrison II
Grenadier 19 (Pine) promoted: City Garrison III
Airship 5 (Moscow) promoted: Combat I
Airship 21 (Ironwood) promoted: Combat I
Airship 22 (Bloodwood) promoted: Combat I
Airship 23 (Stuttgart) promoted: Combat I

While attacking, Knight 23 (Elm) decimates Japanese Explorer (Prob Victory: 99.5%)
While attacking in the wild near Kyoto, Knight 23 (Elm) (7.40/10) defeats Japanese Explorer (Prob Victory: 99.5%)

Galleon 13 (Ironwood) promoted: Combat I
Elm begins: Ship of the Line (6 turns)
0% Research: 7 per turn
0% Culture: 156 per turn
0% Espionage: 46 per turn
100% Gold: 424 per turn, 2838 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Pine

Whip anger has decreased in Aspen
Whip anger has decreased in Elm
Whip anger has decreased in Munich
Whip anger has decreased in Dortmund
Pine finishes: Trebuchet
Ombú finishes: Frigate
Aspen grows to size 9
Ironwood grows to size 9
Moscow grows to size 13
Berlin grows to size 14
Dortmund grows to size 6
Hanover grows to size 9
Stuttgart grows to size 9

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Japanese territory near Lahore, Knight 16 (West Palm Beech) loses to Japanese Grenadier (5.88/12) (Prob Victory: 22.7%)

Turn 276/500 (1812 AD) [30-May-2017 10:54:28]
Pine begins: National Park (14 turns)

Ombú begins: Frigate (6 turns)
A Fishing Boats was built near Mangrove
Airship 13 (Ironwood) promoted: Combat I
Airship 14 (Ombú) promoted: Combat I
A Fort was built near Doorway
While attacking, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 86.3%)
While attacking on the high seas near Bremen, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) (4.72/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 86.3%)
Knight 5 (Oak) promoted: Pinch
Vercingetorix (Trebuchet) promoted: Lead by Warlord
Trebuchet 33 (Elm) promoted: City Raider I
Trebuchet 33 (Elm) promoted: City Raider II
Trebuchet 33 (Elm) promoted: City Raider III
Vercingetorix (Trebuchet) promoted: Barrage I
Vercingetorix (Trebuchet) promoted: Barrage II
Vercingetorix (Trebuchet) promoted: Barrage III
While attacking, Knight 5 (Oak) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
While attacking in Japanese territory near Lahore, Knight 5 (Oak) (2.80/10) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
Airship 4 (Pine) promoted: Combat I
0% Research: 36 per turn
0% Culture: 164 per turn
70% Espionage: 729 per turn
30% Gold: -260 per turn, 3262 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Stuttgart

Oak finishes: Trebuchet
Pine grows to size 19
Bloodwood grows to size 10
Mangrove's borders expand
Cologne grows to size 9
A Village was built near Cologne
Hamburg finishes: Library
Hanover grows to size 10
Bremen finishes: Frigate

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Native American territory near Bremen, Frigate 11 (Stuttgart) loses to Indian Frigate (4.64/8) (Prob Victory: 30.4%)

While defending in Japanese territory near Lahore, Knight 5 (Oak) loses to Japanese Grenadier (12.00/12) (Prob Victory: 0.1%)
Attitude Change: Tokugawa (Japan) towards Gandhi (India), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 277/500 (1814 AD) [30-May-2017 11:05:39]
Oak begins: Trebuchet (5 turns)

Hamburg begins: University (6 turns)
Bremen begins: Ship of the Line (15 turns)
While attacking, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Native American territory at Bremen, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) (8.00/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Trebuchet 30 (Elm) promoted: Barrage I
Trebuchet 30 (Elm) promoted: Barrage II
Trebuchet 31 (Pine) promoted: Barrage I
Trebuchet 31 (Pine) promoted: Accuracy
While attacking, Ship of the Line 9 (Frankfurt) decimates Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 50.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Ahmedabad, Ship of the Line 9 (Frankfurt) (6.40/8) defeats Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 50.0%)
While attacking, Ship of the Line 3 (Munich) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 96.3%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Ahmedabad, Ship of the Line 3 (Munich) (6.80/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 96.3%)
Airship 11 (Bloodwood) promoted: Combat I
Airship 18 (Yakutsk) promoted: Combat I
While attacking, Frigate 7 (Mangrove) decimates Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking on the high seas near Hittite, Frigate 7 (Mangrove) (5.12/8) defeats Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
Kagoshima begins: Spy (6 turns)
0% Research: 42 per turn
0% Culture: 170 per turn
0% Espionage: 102 per turn
100% Gold: 498 per turn, 3002 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Kagoshima

The whip was applied in Nara
Oak grows to size 13
Mangrove grows to size 12
Rostov grows to size 7
Novgorod grows to size 8
St. Petersburg finishes: Catapult
Munich grows to size 13
Bremen grows to size 7
A Town was built near Bremen
Kagoshima finishes: Spy
Nara's borders expand
Nara finishes: Trebuchet

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Japanese territory near Osaka, Worker 1 (Oak) loses to Japanese Catapult (5.00/5) (Prob Victory: 0.1%)

Turn 278/500 (1816 AD) [30-May-2017 11:19:25]
St. Petersburg begins: Catapult (5 turns)
Kagoshima begins: Trebuchet (9 turns)
Nara begins: Trebuchet (14 turns)

A Workshop was built near Moscow
While attacking, Ship of the Line 4 (St. Petersburg) decimates Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Ayodhya, Ship of the Line 4 (St. Petersburg) (5.36/8) defeats Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Ship of the Line 9 (Frankfurt) promoted: Medic I
Ship of the Line 3 (Munich) promoted: Medic II

While attacking, Knight 20 (Dortmund) decimates Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Kyoto, Knight 20 (Dortmund) (8.70/10) defeats Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.9%)

Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) promoted: Combat III
While attacking, Trebuchet 17 (Oak) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 1.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Trebuchet 17 (Oak) loses to Japanese Rifleman (9.66/14) (Prob Victory: 1.1%)
While attacking, Trebuchet 20 (West Palm Beech) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 8.8%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Trebuchet 20 (West Palm Beech) loses to Japanese Rifleman (8.12/14) (Prob Victory: 8.8%)
While attacking, Grenadier 2 (West Palm Beech) escapes from Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 87.3%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Grenadier 2 (West Palm Beech) loses to Japanese Grenadier (3.48/12) (Prob Victory: 87.3%)

While attacking, Grenadier 2 (Ironwood) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 89.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Grenadier 2 (Ironwood) (9.36/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 89.1%)
While attacking, Grenadier 8 (West Palm Beech) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 75.4%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Grenadier 8 (West Palm Beech) (2.88/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 75.4%)
While attacking, Grenadier 5 (Pine) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 72.8%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Grenadier 5 (Pine) (7.20/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 72.8%)

Rifleman 4 (Ombú) promoted: Drill IV
While attacking, Rifleman 4 (Ombú) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 62.9%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Rifleman 4 (Ombú) (10.64/14) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 62.9%)

Grenadier 21 (Oak) promoted: Pinch
Grenadier 21 (Oak) promoted: Drill II

While attacking, Grenadier 21 (Oak) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 56.8%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Grenadier 21 (Oak) (6.72/12) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 56.8%)
While attacking, Rifleman 5 (West Palm Beech) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 70.4%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Rifleman 5 (West Palm Beech) (8.40/14) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 70.4%)
While attacking, Knight 9 (West Palm Beech) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Knight 9 (West Palm Beech) (6.20/10) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 99.6%)

Captured Osaka (Tokugawa)
0% Research: 40 per turn
0% Culture: 170 per turn
0% Espionage: 114 per turn
100% Gold: 520 per turn, 3704 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Moscow
Whip anger has decreased in St. Petersburg

Aspen grows to size 10
Bloodwood finishes: Library
St. Petersburg grows to size 11
Yakutsk finishes: Lighthouse
Berlin grows to size 15
Munich finishes: Library
Hanover grows to size 11
Doorway finishes: Theatre

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Japanese territory at Izumo, Rifleman 7 (Elm) loses to Japanese Cavalry (5.70/15) (Prob Victory: 88.2%)
Attitude Change: Tokugawa (Japan) towards Gandhi (India), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 279/500 (1818 AD) [30-May-2017 11:56:25]
Bloodwood begins: University (10 turns)
Yakutsk begins: Privateer (10 turns)
Munich begins: Trebuchet (3 turns)

Catapult 13 (St. Petersburg) promoted: Barrage I
Catapult 13 (St. Petersburg) promoted: Accuracy
Catapult 16 (Oak) promoted: Barrage I
Catapult 16 (Oak) promoted: Accuracy
Galleon 14 (Bloodwood) promoted: Combat I
Ship of the Line 4 (St. Petersburg) promoted: Combat III

While attacking, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) decimates Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Calcutta, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) (8.00/8) defeats Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

0% Culture: 184 per turn
0% Espionage: 114 per turn
100% Gold: 499 per turn, 4224 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Ombú
Whip anger has decreased in Bloodwood
Whip anger has decreased in Mangrove
Whip anger has decreased in Hanover

West Palm Beech finishes: Grenadier
Gift City Gandi grows to size 4
Yakutsk grows to size 8
Stuttgart grows to size 10

Spoiler Buffy Log pt2 :

Turn 280/500 (1820 AD) [30-May-2017 12:08:55]
West Palm Beech begins: Grenadier (5 turns)
While attacking, Knight 12 (Elm) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 70.6%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Osaka, Knight 12 (Elm) (4.60/10) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 70.6%)

Trebuchet 34 (Pine) promoted: City Raider I
Trebuchet 34 (Pine) promoted: City Raider II
Grenadier 23 (Pine) promoted: Drill II
Grenadier 23 (Pine) promoted: Drill III
Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) promoted: Pinch

While attacking, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) decimates Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 77.1%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Calcutta, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) (3.92/8) defeats Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 77.1%)
While attacking, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 98.6%)
While attacking in Indian territory at Ahmedabad, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) (3.36/8) defeats Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 98.6%)

Galleon 12 (Aspen) promoted: Combat I
While attacking, Galleon 12 (Aspen) decimates Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 72.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Tokyo, Galleon 12 (Aspen) (3.16/4) defeats Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 72.1%)

Galleon 23 (Frankfurt) promoted: Drill I
0% Research: 41 per turn
0% Culture: 186 per turn
0% Espionage: 122 per turn
100% Gold: 504 per turn, 4723 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Hamburg
Ombú grows to size 17
Aspen's borders expand

Elm finishes: Ship of the Line
Ironwood grows to size 10
Mangrove finishes: War Elephant
A Town was built near St. Petersburg
Vladivostok grows to size 6
Munich grows to size 14

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Indian territory near Calcutta, Ship of the Line 9 (Frankfurt) (0.08/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 79.7%)
While defending in Native American territory at Kyoto, Grenadier 16 (Munich) (5.64/12) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 44.9%)

While defending in Japanese territory at Izumo, Galleon 23 (Frankfurt) loses to Japanese Galleon (3.24/4) (Prob Victory: 34.2%)
Civics Change: Gandhi(India) from 'Free Speech' to 'Bureaucracy'
Civics Change: Gandhi(India) from 'Environmentalism' to 'State Property'

Turn 281/500 (1822 AD) [30-May-2017 12:22:28]
Elm begins: Ship of the Line (6 turns)
While attacking, Trebuchet 34 (Pine) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 11.3%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Trebuchet 34 (Pine) loses to Japanese Rifleman (7.98/14) (Prob Victory: 11.3%)

Trebuchet 35 (Elm) promoted: City Raider I
Trebuchet 35 (Elm) promoted: City Raider II

While attacking, Trebuchet 35 (Elm) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 23.5%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Trebuchet 35 (Elm) loses to Japanese Rifleman (4.76/14) (Prob Victory: 23.5%)

Trebuchet 37 (Oak) promoted: City Raider I
Trebuchet 37 (Oak) promoted: City Raider II

While attacking, Trebuchet 37 (Oak) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 27.5%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Trebuchet 37 (Oak) loses to Japanese Rifleman (10.08/14) (Prob Victory: 27.5%)

Trebuchet 38 (Nara) promoted: City Raider I
While attacking, Trebuchet 38 (Nara) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 21.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Trebuchet 38 (Nara) loses to Japanese Rifleman (6.16/14) (Prob Victory: 21.1%)

Knight 24 (Oak) promoted: Combat I
Knight 24 (Oak) promoted: Shock

While attacking, Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) decimates Japanese Cavalry (Prob Victory: 48.7%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) (4.08/12) defeats Japanese Cavalry (Prob Victory: 48.7%)

While attacking, Musketman 10 (Bloodwood) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 17.2%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Musketman 10 (Bloodwood) loses to Japanese Rifleman (4.06/14) (Prob Victory: 17.2%)

While attacking, Knight 24 (Oak) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 35.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Knight 24 (Oak) (5.20/10) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 35.1%)
While attacking, Grenadier 23 (Pine) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 96.4%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Grenadier 23 (Pine) (12.00/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 96.4%)

Grenadier 24 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Pinch
Grenadier 24 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Drill II

While attacking, Grenadier 24 (West Palm Beech) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Grenadier 24 (West Palm Beech) (9.96/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking, Musketman 7 (Elm) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 95.2%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Izumo, Musketman 7 (Elm) (9.00/9) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 95.2%)

Captured Izumo (Tokugawa)
Galleon 12 (Aspen) promoted: Combat II
Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) promoted: Combat II

While attacking, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 97.3%)
While attacking on the high seas near Calcutta, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) (3.76/8) defeats Indian Caravel (Prob Victory: 97.3%)

Knight 19 (Hamburg) promoted: Combat I
While attacking, Knight 19 (Hamburg) decimates Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.4%)
While attacking in Japanese territory near Lahore, Knight 19 (Hamburg) (8.70/10) defeats Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 99.4%)

0% Culture: 186 per turn
0% Espionage: 118 per turn
100% Gold: 524 per turn, 5415 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Ironwood
Oak grows to size 14
Oak finishes: Trebuchet
Bloodwood grows to size 11
Gift City Gandi finishes: Granary
Hamburg finishes: University
Munich finishes: Trebuchet
Frankfurt finishes: Catapult

Dortmund grows to size 7
Doorway's borders expand

Turn 282/500 (1824 AD) [30-May-2017 12:34:44]
While attacking, Frigate 12 (Ombú) decimates Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking just off shore near Osaka, Frigate 12 (Ombú) (8.00/8) defeats Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

0% Culture: 197 per turn
0% Espionage: 168 per turn
100% Gold: 601 per turn, 5939 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Oak
The whip was applied in Tokyo
Ombú finishes: Frigate
West Palm Beech's borders expand
St. Petersburg finishes: Catapult
Tokyo finishes: Trebuchet

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Indian territory near Calcutta, Ship of the Line 9 (Frankfurt) loses to Indian Ship of the Line (8.00/8) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)

Turn 283/500 (1826 AD) [30-May-2017 12:43:25]
Tokyo begins: Trebuchet (12 turns)
Grenadier 22 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Pinch
Grenadier 22 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Drill II
Grenadier 10 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Drill I

While attacking, Grenadier 4 (Mangrove) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 83.7%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Nagoya, Grenadier 4 (Mangrove) (12.00/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 83.7%)
While attacking, Grenadier 16 (Aspen) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 69.1%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Nagoya, Grenadier 16 (Aspen) (5.52/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 69.1%)
While attacking, Grenadier 10 (West Palm Beech) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 73.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Nagoya, Grenadier 10 (West Palm Beech) (1.20/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 73.0%)

While attacking, Grenadier 22 (West Palm Beech) escapes from Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 46.8%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Nagoya, Grenadier 22 (West Palm Beech) loses to Japanese Rifleman (1.26/14) (Prob Victory: 46.8%)

While attacking, Grenadier 9 (St. Petersburg) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Nagoya, Grenadier 9 (St. Petersburg) (12.00/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Captured Nagoya (Tokugawa)
Nagoya begins: Trebuchet (81 turns)
While attacking, Frigate 12 (Ombú) decimates Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking just off shore near Nagoya, Frigate 12 (Ombú) (8.00/8) defeats Japanese Caravel (Prob Victory: 99.6%)

0% Culture: 205 per turn
0% Espionage: 220 per turn
100% Gold: 608 per turn, 6756 in the bank

After End Turn:
Aspen finishes: Airship
Yekaterinburg grows to size 8
A Town was built near Cologne
A Town was built near Vladivostok
Yakutsk grows to size 9
Stuttgart grows to size 11
Tokyo's borders expand

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Indian territory near Kolhapur, Ship of the Line 11 (Dortmund) loses to Indian Frigate (4.48/8) (Prob Victory: 16.2%)
While defending on the high seas near Ahmedabad, Ship of the Line 4 (St. Petersburg) (1.20/8) defeats Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 76.9%)
Christianity has spread: Indraprastha (Indian Empire)

Turn 284/500 (1828 AD) [30-May-2017 12:54:14]
Frigate 16 (Ombú) promoted: Drill I
Frigate 15 (Bremen) promoted: Combat I
Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) promoted: City Garrison II

0% Culture: 209 per turn
0% Espionage: 208 per turn
100% Gold: 605 per turn, 7364 in the bank

After End Turn:
Novgorod grows to size 9
Hanover grows to size 12
Kyoto's borders expand

Turn 285/500 (1830 AD) [30-May-2017 12:58:26]
Kyoto begins: Theatre (4 turns)
Frigate 14 (Ombú) promoted: Drill I
Ship of the Line 12 (Elm) promoted: Drill I

While attacking, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While attacking on the high seas near Bremen, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) (6.88/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 99.8%)

0% Research: 43 per turn
0% Culture: 205 per turn
0% Espionage: 220 per turn
100% Gold: 599 per turn, 7969 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Pine
Whip anger has decreased in Munich

The whip was applied in Kyoto
Oak grows to size 15
Gift City Gandi's borders expand

Kagoshima finishes: Trebuchet
Christianity has spread: Kagoshima
Kyoto finishes: Theatre

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Indian territory near Ahmedabad, Ship of the Line 4 (St. Petersburg) loses to Indian Ship of the Line (5.12/8) (Prob Victory: 0.5%)

Turn 286/500 (1832 AD) [30-May-2017 13:03:04]
Kagoshima begins: Trebuchet (9 turns)
While attacking, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 63.8%)
While attacking on the high seas near Hittite, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) (1.68/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 63.8%)
While attacking, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 90.9%)
While attacking on the high seas near Bremen, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) (5.68/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 90.9%)

Knight 23 (Elm) promoted: Charge
While attacking, Knight 23 (Elm) decimates Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Knight 23 (Elm) (10.00/10) defeats Japanese Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Trebuchet 41 (Tokyo) promoted: Barrage I
0% Research: 53 per turn
0% Culture: 229 per turn
0% Espionage: 244 per turn
100% Gold: 596 per turn, 8568 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Bremen
Elm finishes: Ship of the Line
Rostov grows to size 8
A Village was built near Hamburg
Bremen grows to size 6

Bremen finishes: Ship of the Line
Nara finishes: Trebuchet

Turn 287/500 (1834 AD) [30-May-2017 13:18:26]
While attacking, Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) decimates Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.4%)
While attacking in Native American territory near Nara, Grenadier 11 (Ironwood) (12.00/12) defeats Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.4%)

El Cid (Great General) born in Ombú
While attacking, Grenadier 4 (Mangrove) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 75.6%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Grenadier 4 (Mangrove) (7.44/12) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 75.6%)
While attacking, Grenadier 3 (Ironwood) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 88.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Grenadier 3 (Ironwood) (9.96/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 88.0%)
While attacking, Grenadier 13 (Elm) decimates Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 49.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Grenadier 13 (Elm) (1.92/12) defeats Japanese Rifleman (Prob Victory: 49.0%)

While attacking, Grenadier 7 (Pine) escapes from Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 48.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Grenadier 7 (Pine) loses to Japanese Grenadier (3.84/12) (Prob Victory: 48.0%)

While attacking, Grenadier 2 (Ironwood) decimates Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Japanese territory at Satsuma, Grenadier 2 (Ironwood) (12.00/12) defeats Japanese Grenadier (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Captured Satsuma (Tokugawa)
Japanese Empire has been eliminated
A Forest Preserve was built near Oak
A Forest Preserve was built near Oak

Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) promoted: Combat IV
While attacking, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) escapes from Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 77.4%)
While attacking in Indian territory near Hittite, Ship of the Line 2 (Novgorod) loses to Indian Ship of the Line (1.44/8) (Prob Victory: 77.4%)

Ombú begins: Privateer (9 turns)
0% Research: 49 per turn
0% Culture: 229 per turn
0% Espionage: 198 per turn
100% Gold: 529 per turn, 9334 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Ombú
Whip anger has decreased in Kagoshima
Whip anger has decreased in Nara

Tech research finished: Medicine
Ombú finishes: Privateer
West Palm Beech grows to size 13
St. Petersburg's borders expand
Dortmund grows to size 8
Nara's borders expand

Spoiler Buffy Log Part 3 :

Turn 288/500 (1836 AD) [30-May-2017 13:31:31]
Research begun: Steel (56 Turns)
Nara begins: Granary (10 turns)
Osaka begins: Lighthouse (9 turns)

0% Research: 52 per turn
0% Culture: 232 per turn
0% Espionage: 218 per turn
100% Gold: 724 per turn, 9863 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in St. Petersburg
The whip was applied in Osaka
Elm grows to size 14
Bloodwood finishes: University
A Town was built near St. Petersburg
Cologne grows to size 10

Yakutsk finishes: Privateer
A Town was built near Berlin
Osaka finishes: Lighthouse

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Native American territory at Bremen, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) (1.84/8) defeats Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 71.9%)

Turn 289/500 (1838 AD) [30-May-2017 13:36:01]
Privateer 4 (Yakutsk) promoted: Flanking I
Ship of the Line 14 (Bremen) promoted: Drill I

While attacking, Ship of the Line 14 (Bremen) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.5%)
While attacking in Native American territory near Bremen, Ship of the Line 14 (Bremen) (5.44/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.5%)

0% Research: 54 per turn
0% Culture: 242 per turn
0% Espionage: 228 per turn
100% Gold: 759 per turn, 10587 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Ombú
Whip anger has decreased in Bloodwood

A Hamlet was built near Yekaterinburg
Yakutsk grows to size 10
Berlin grows to size 16
Hamburg grows to size 17
Munich grows to size 15
Kyoto's borders expand

Other Player Actions:
While defending on the high seas near Bremen, Ship of the Line 14 (Bremen) loses to Indian Ship of the Line (2.24/8) (Prob Victory: 12.0%)

Turn 290/500 (1840 AD) [30-May-2017 15:40:45]
Buddhism has spread: Sardis (Persian Empire)
0% Research: 55 per turn
0% Culture: 228 per turn
0% Espionage: 232 per turn
100% Gold: 789 per turn, 11346 in the bank

After End Turn:
Ombú grows to size 14
Aspen grows to size 11
Bloodwood grows to size 12
Mangrove grows to size 13
Moscow grows to size 14
St. Petersburg grows to size 12
Hanover grows to size 13
Osaka's borders expand

Other Player Actions:
While defending on the high seas near Cologne, Privateer 4 (Yakutsk) loses to Persian Destroyer (27.30/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Persian territory at Ghulaman, Privateer 3 (Ombú) loses to Persian Destroyer (30.00/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending on the high seas near Ayodhya, Galleon 18 (St. Petersburg) loses to Indian Frigate (3.52/8) (Prob Victory: 1.3%)

Turn 291/500 (1842 AD) [30-May-2017 15:41:45]
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Lead by Warlord
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Leadership
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Morale
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Barrage I
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Barrage II
El Cid (Catapult) promoted: Barrage III
Buddhism has spread: Bactra (Persian Empire)

0% Research: 59 per turn
0% Culture: 230 per turn
0% Espionage: 244 per turn
100% Gold: 815 per turn, 12135 in the bank

After End Turn:
Pine grows to size 20
Elm grows to size 15
Berlin grows to size 17
Dortmund's borders expand
Stuttgart grows to size 12
Stuttgart's borders expand
Doorway grows to size 4

Other Player Actions:
While defending in Indian territory near Mathura, Frigate 7 (Mangrove) (1.20/8) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 76.9%)
While defending on the high seas near Mathura, Frigate 7 (Mangrove) loses to Indian Frigate (8.00/8) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
Standard Ethanol founded in a distant land

Turn 292/500 (1844 AD) [30-May-2017 15:43:30]
While attacking, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 76.8%)
While attacking in Native American territory at Bremen, Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) (3.76/8) defeats Indian Ship of the Line (Prob Victory: 76.8%)

0% Research: 66 per turn
0% Culture: 238 per turn
0% Espionage: 260 per turn
100% Gold: 845 per turn, 12950 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Oak
Whip anger has decreased in Tokyo

Pine finishes: National Park
Ombú grows to size 15
Ironwood grows to size 11
Bloodwood's borders expand
Novgorod grows to size 10
Hamburg grows to size 18
Munich grows to size 16
Frankfurt grows to size 13
Bremen grows to size 7

Other Player Actions:
While defending on the high seas near Bloodwood, Galleon 15 (Frankfurt) loses to Indian Frigate (0.16/8) (Prob Victory: 1.3%)
While defending on the high seas near Gift City Gandi, Galleon 11 (West Palm Beech) loses to Indian Frigate (0.16/8) (Prob Victory: 8.6%)

Civics Change: Darius I(Persia) from 'State Property' to 'Environmentalism'

Turn 293/500 (1846 AD) [30-May-2017 15:44:26]
Pine begins: Courthouse (4 turns)
Ship of the Line 8 (Dortmund) promoted: Combat III
A Forest Preserve was built
Galleon 24 (Mangrove) promoted: Drill I
While attacking, Galleon 24 (Mangrove) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Native American territory near Bloodwood, Galleon 24 (Mangrove) (4.00/4) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking, Galleon 20 (Munich) decimates Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking on the high seas, Galleon 20 (Munich) (4.00/4) defeats Indian Frigate (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

Galleon 22 (Dortmund) promoted: Drill I
0% Research: 86 per turn
0% Culture: 303 per turn
0% Espionage: 375 per turn
100% Gold: 875 per turn, 13795 in the bank

After End Turn:
Aspen grows to size 12
Mangrove grows to size 14
Moscow grows to size 15
Yekaterinburg grows to size 9
Yakutsk grows to size 11
Berlin grows to size 18
Dortmund grows to size 9
Hanover grows to size 14

Hanover finishes: Catapult
Izumo's borders expand
Satsuma's borders expand

Turn 294/500 (1848 AD) [30-May-2017 15:46:55]
Galleon 20 (Munich) promoted: Combat III
0% Research: 92 per turn
20% Culture: 528 per turn
0% Espionage: 354 per turn
80% Gold: 666 per turn, 14670 in the bank

After End Turn:
Elm grows to size 16
St. Petersburg grows to size 13
Cologne's borders expand
A Town was built near Cologne
Yakutsk's borders expand
A Town was built near Munich
Frankfurt's borders expand
Bremen's borders expand
Kagoshima's borders expand

Nara finishes: Granary

Other Player Actions:
While defending on the high seas near Istakhr, Galleon 20 (Munich) loses to Indian Galleon (1.36/4) (Prob Victory: 76.9%)

Turn 295/500 (1850 AD) [30-May-2017 15:48:48]
While attacking, Galleon 22 (Dortmund) decimates Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking on the high seas near Gift City Gandi, Galleon 22 (Dortmund) (3.36/4) defeats Indian Galleon (Prob Victory: 100.0%)

0% Research: 94 per turn
20% Culture: 534 per turn
0% Espionage: 382 per turn
80% Gold: 665 per turn, 15336 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Kyoto

Pine finishes: Courthouse
Ombú grows to size 16
Bloodwood grows to size 13
Munich grows to size 17
Stuttgart grows to size 13
Kyoto grows to size 7

Other Player Actions:
While defending on the high seas near Bloodwood, Galleon 24 (Mangrove) loses to Indian Frigate (4.64/8) (Prob Victory: 1.6%)
Civics Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) from 'State Property' to 'Environmentalism'
Civics Change: Gandhi(India) from 'State Property' to 'Environmentalism'

Turn 296/500 (1852 AD) [30-May-2017 15:50:42]
Sitting Bull (Native America) and Gandhi (India) have signed a peace treaty

Turn 296/500 (1852 AD) [30-May-2017 16:05:04]
0% Research: 83 per turn
20% Culture: 559 per turn
0% Espionage: 316 per turn
80% Gold: 613 per turn, 16071 in the bank

After End Turn:
Aspen grows to size 13
Cologne finishes: Ship of the Line
Hamburg grows to size 19
Hanover grows to size 15
Hanover's borders expand

Tokyo finishes: Trebuchet

Turn 297/500 (1854 AD) [30-May-2017 16:05:07]
Satsuma begins: Library (30 turns)
0% Research: 82 per turn
20% Culture: 560 per turn
0% Espionage: 308 per turn
80% Gold: 618 per turn, 16684 in the bank

After End Turn:
Oak grows to size 16
Ironwood grows to size 12
Gift City Gandi grows to size 5
Berlin grows to size 19
Hamburg's borders expand
Tokyo's borders expand
Izumo grows to size 7

Turn 298/500 (1856 AD) [30-May-2017 16:07:17]
0% Research: 81 per turn
20% Culture: 561 per turn
0% Espionage: 300 per turn
80% Gold: 636 per turn, 17302 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Osaka
Ombú grows to size 17
Elm grows to size 17
Mangrove grows to size 15
Moscow grows to size 16
St. Petersburg grows to size 14
Berlin's borders expand
A Town was built near Hamburg
Frankfurt grows to size 14
Kagoshima grows to size 7
Nara grows to size 9

Judaism has spread: Kyoto
Osaka grows to size 8
Judaism has spread: Satsuma

Indeed, well done.

Lurker thread screen shot is interesting. Anything else there to make us feel particularly incompetent?

Thanks, leif. Can you join us next time?

Anything else there to make us feel particularly incompetent?
They reckon Toku would have taken the Gift City we built for India and then we should have used spies to change him to Environmentalism rather than fighting :sad:

Ah well for much of this game it was a 2 man team with Fractals and myself not able to contribute much so we did OK to finish and meet the criteria.

They reckon Toku would have taken the Gift City we built for India and then we should have used spies to change him to Environmentalism rather than fighting :sad:
That certainly should have been quicker, but would think the really consequential differences in strategy were chosen much earlier in the game.

From AlanH:

Thanks, NZ. That completes the set, so I'll publish the results as soon as Zhary confirms all the teams have met his requirements. Meanwhile, please feel free to look at the other threads, and discuss the game with them.

Congratulation to a victory. Well played:thumbsup:

Top Bottom