[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Unusual Suspects

just read crash PM kcd sent me 12 hour ago, same time as his post above;
"K, thx for letting us know"

is Mr Swede the active player? :hmm:

and no, I wasn't offering to extend the deadline :faint:

Spoiler more news :
We have a map in the works for SG26. I will most likely be available to rejoin the team.

I for one does not see any reason for us to extend the deadline. We will finish it on Sunday one way or an other. Let us decide on a high level plan.

My suggestion.
Take american cities in China make peace if we can get a tech
Invade india and Hong kong. Make peace and take what we can.
Kill off Ottoman.
Kill off Rome.
Build wonder.
Use 2 great people for a golden age.
Use golden age to generate great artists.
Build spies and army to rush France.
Wait until we have have enough wonders to get 420 points.
Give France our three culture cities which we have bombed and have piles of spies prepared in.
Kill off France. Capture our culture cities last to win a culture victory.

Health and trade balance will loose us civic points as we do not kill England and America. But with 100% culture we should have happiest population.

I for one does not see any reason for us to extend the deadline. We will finish it on Sunday one way or an other. Let us decide on a high level plan.

My suggestion.
Take american cities in China make peace if we can get a tech
Invade india and Hong kong. Make peace and take what we can.
Kill off Ottoman.
Kill off Rome.
Build wonder.
Use 2 great people for a golden age.
Use golden age to generate great artists.
Build spies and army to rush France.
Wait until we have have enough wonders to get 420 points.
Give France our three culture cities which we have bombed and have piles of spies prepared in.
Kill off France. Capture our culture cities last to win a culture victory.

Health and trade balance will loose us civic points as we do not kill England and America. But with 100% culture we should have happiest population.
I agree... we will meet the deadline, and no extension necessary, I do hope one of you SitinDown or Folket can bring it home. I will not have time due to holidays and family. But if the game is not done with 4hrs before the deadline, I will make sure we submit, but I hope the team makes sure we win.

I could stream on Twitch at this time tomorrow if there will be people joining me to finish the game.

Would anyone be interested in that?

that's 4 AM for me - so, go ahead without me. if you're still playing after I get up (~7 AM, I can join in for a bit)

k, so I expect to hear from you at about 1 then.

Well, I guyes I'm active player now. I'm not in a hurry yet so post here if I need to setup the stream.

It seems like Twitch has removed the option of private channels. I guess it would be good if a staff member would comment on whether we are allowed to stream the game publicly.

Personally I do not see a problem. If our opponent want to see what we are doing they could just read our thread.

Played 1.5 turns
Not much happened the first turn.
On the second turn I captured New York at the loss of 1 horse archer. The peace treaty with England ended.
I see that England has 3 red coats in India. Protective redcoats will be terrible for our horse archers. Any ideas on how to fight them efficiently?

I will probably make wait a while. It would be more fun to finish the game when I'm not alone.

Hi. Great.

Any suggestions regarding England?

re: England.

IF we can get Feudalism, maybe we can take HK and London, and vassal Churchill instead of taking out the redcoats in Mumbai?

any chance he'd vassal if we just took HK?

Last I looked there was 2 redcoats in London. Also I do not think we can get him to vassal since we will loose many more units when fighting so our war score will be terrible.

Top Bottom