SGOTM 26 - Lurkers Thread

Nice one Jeffelammar, at a guess Louis founding Juda made things a bit more complicated.
An additional -1 from holy city owner, and i think Sal was his worst enemy at some point (close borders).

Charlie didn't adopt HR (favorite civic of Louie), but Sal did so his relations with Louie started improving.
And the other way around with Theocracy iirc.
So they soon hated just Charlie which was good for us, with one small exception..we had to refuse stop trading with him demands cos of wheat, and until our Trips city culture covered a native wheat resi.

Few key dates wonders went. (Built by team in bold)
GW HS 1160BC PR 1640BC ID 1240BC US 1600BC
SH HS 1120BC PR 725BC ID 1680BC US 1520BC
Oracle HS 900BC PR 825BC ID 725BC US 850BC
GLH HS 625BC PR 1800BC ID 975BC US 775BC
Mids HS 525BC PR 950BC ID 75BC US 275BC - Everyone built this!!
AP HS 1110AD PR 350AD ID 150AD US 560AD

Key techs
Writing HS 1320BC PR 1720BC ID1480BC US 2280BC
Maths HS 1040BC PR 1200BC ID 675BC US 1240BC
Alphabet HS 325BC PR 900BC ID 650BC US 400BC
IW HS 50BC PR 750BC ID1280BC US 900BC
COL HS 900BC PR 800BC ID 25AD US 350AD
Currency HS 625BC PR 700BC ID 75BC US 100BC
Compass HS 300AD PR 600BC ID 540AD US 25AD
Optics HS 520AD PR 375BC ID 560AD US 225AD
CS HS 875BC PR 150AD ID 200AD US 680AD
Philosophy HS 175AD PR 775BC. ID 125AD US 500AD
Paper HS 400BC PR 125BC ID 250AD US 800AD
Edu HS 225BC PR 50AD ID 325AD US 900AD
Astronomy HS 1150AD PR 200BC ID740AD?? US 520AD
Liberalism HS 860AD PR 1170AD ID ???? US ????

Homies in the clubhouse!

In terms of HS we have to remember to bulb med they needed to avoid compass.
Not true. Normally true, but in this case we avoided calendar which allowed us to bulb Bio.
We delayed compass/Optics cus we were trying to wait for Peter to research them for us. And he even researched Astro and gave us that for free. 3000 free beakers seemed a lot better than trade routes.

Congrats PR! :goodjob:
Doesn't even seem like we were playing the same game. Although I think we settled the exact same spots?
Makes me want to play it all over again.

Although I think we settled the exact same spots?
Yep, it was the first thing I noticed about your game after we finished. The order of the cities was different as yall had figured out.

And thankees! :)

I thought at least our 'Whale city' which didn't actually have a whale in the BFC might have been unique.

I think an analysis of the turn each city was settled would be interesting. We delayed settling several cities in fear that it would slow down our tech pace. I'm guessing the PR settled its cities much sooner than we did. It could be in this thread but I haven't read it all yet. :blush: Just popped in to read the last few posts.

I think an analysis of the turn each city was settled would be interesting.

I can try to at least put together a few numbers:

Spoiler Homies city list :

Spoiler PR city list :

City Comparison

Spoiler :

The first table is the order we settled each city. The second table matches the PR city to the HS counterpart (same city location). Note that the Pop is from the our last turn before victory save. I noted PR's Pop on Turn 208 which was the turn before we did mass whipping.

Last edited:
That is very useful. Thanks, @Fippy @lymond (sorry)

Interesting how we settled our final city so much later than you did and it happened to be a really strong city too (i.e. Clams/T) which you settled on T5. We were holding out for something better that never emerged.

Also interesting is that we settled Canal on T13 and PR settled Trips on T57. We wanted to block SB so we settled this city super early. Having such a distant city so early in the game slowed down our early research.

Thanks for doing the data mining!!

That is very useful. Thanks, @Fippy @lymond

Thanks for doing the data mining!!

Sure thing! I'm sure My will be pleased that you mistook me for her :mischief::lol:

Well, as mentioned in the post in your thread, we held out some early hope on finding paradise but early scout wbs, and a scout, put that to rest pretty quick. T (clamsX2) was a no-brainer for us. (and credit to My for her forethought on its potential) All our decisions were based on food with the exception of stone island (Maoi was not actually even in our thoughts there initially). (i think overall our logic on cities was pretty much the same here...well, we did settle the exact same spots, just at different times)

Seems we were about on par with settling of city #4, which happened to actually be the same site. Turns 34 and 37 respectively, so not a big diff there. But around a 29t diff between city 3 and 4 for us, 24t for yall. So I assume that both teams were of the mind set here of finding that balance between research and maintenance costs.

But T was a really difference maker on t5, being able to build a quick wb and provide wbs for other nearby cities when we were ready to settle them or border pops.

Trips (your canal) we had that settler spying on SB for some time, and prepared to settle when we saw SB sending one that way, but that city was not a priority for us compared to the others. SB was really slooooow to send out his settler.

US have libbed steel so this could well help their war efforts. My main concern is science.Still a lot of beakers required here. Played a very different game here and has certainly made it more interesting. Muskets and nationalism with steel could of been strong war wise. No nationalism here. Their biggest enemy here is time and they may have 100+ turns left here over 10-11 days. Lot of big techs left.

Indecisive are not doing bad here science wise. Just frustrating they are not abusing mids more for scientists. 6-7+ beakers a scientist is huge. Again time is an issue but they are further ahead in science.Be interesting to see which tech they can lib here. Could use a good Ai tech partner here.

Last edited:
I can try to at least put together a few numbers:

Spoiler Homies city list :

Spoiler PR city list :

City Comparison

Spoiler :

The first table is the order we settled each city. The second table matches the PR city to the HS counterpart (same city location). Note that the Pop is from the our last turn before victory save. I noted PR's Pop on Turn 208 which was the turn before we did mass whipping.
Okay, that’s the stat I was looking for. PR pop 96 w/o Sushi vs. HS pop 105 w/Sushi. Clearly Sushi served as albatross bait. :mischief:

Okay, that’s the stat I was looking for. PR pop 96 w/o Sushi vs. HS pop 105 w/Sushi. Clearly Sushi served as albatross bait. :mischief:
Of course. It shouldn't even have been considered without the health and happy to support ~10 more pop per city and at least +20 food too. We had +12.
Normally, you have those resources. We stopped and did several major course corrections during the game, but missed this big one--among others.

Do hope US remember the Merchant wonder. It's on the 1st page but below the post he is updating. Not sure they are putting corp in right place. Hmmm.

They need to recheck the official list. Hmmm

Fingers crossed they ticked all boxes as a great final push to finish this.

Last edited:
Do hope US remember the Merchant wonder. It's on the 1st page but below the post he is updating. Not sure they are putting corp in right place. Hmmm.

They need to recheck the official list. Hmmm

Fingers crossed they ticked all boxes as a great final push to finish this.

I just submitted the final save. I sure hope I got all that right!

Just building up the tension. Congrats on a great game. Great to see a team give conquest a good bash here. No one else gave this a proper go. :goodjob:

Top Bottom