Should Persia be the next to go?

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I was thinking. During the French war, our special ops in southern France saw 30-40 Persian troops (A good mix of rifles and infantry. I'm pretty sure they're still moving in Persia. We could save England and Russia until our tanks grow in number in 5-8 turns.

IIRC, they were headed straight south to the Asyut/Pi-Ramesses/Mephis region. We could do this:

1 - Establish an embassy with Persia to sign an ROP.

2 - Sign an ROP with Greece (so we can use some of their roads)

3 - At the same time, sign an ROP with England and Russia (we can take them out in 1 turn later)

4 - Find the Persian stack hopefully before they enter a city. Even with roads, they can't get far.

Right now (according to the spy we currently have in place), they have:

1 settler
4 workers
8 longbows
41 rifles
53 infantry

2 artillery
1 caravel
2 galleons
1 ironclad

We should also remember that we have a 207gpt deal with Persia that expires in 10 turns. We could possible trade a tech to Greece. (This would mean they'd be researching 'Radio'). I could check every turn to see if they have that "modern look", which will be an estimate of their research time.

Remember, after Persia, England and Russia are gone, it's down to Greece and China, and their pesky MPP.

Basically, the first part would be to find the Persian stack and decimate their forces.

How about we take out Russia, by then it won't be long until the deal with Persia and the RoP with England are both over then we could take our pick. also our rail net in French territory would be more suitable by then and we would not need the RoP with England if we wanted to take down Persia.

4 words. Look at the save. :)

Russia and England are SO small, that we can take them out in 1 turn. I saw a huge Persian stack that we can attack before they enter any cities. England still has muskets, so they won't hold up long.

Ok, ya that makes sense. I guess I didn't realize that we could take Russia and England so quickly.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sir John
I have... I posted the region suggestions you know...
As France isnt a problem, we should take out Russia and then concentrate all our forces on Persia...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really have too large an army to set our sights so low. We could concievably take a turn or two to reallocate our forces and pad our infantry and tile count during the Wednesday turnchat, invade Persia, England, and Russia simultaneously, and get the domination victory by mid-afternoon on Saturday (CDT).

Anyhow, I want to take my wife to see Chicago while the matinee prices are still good this weekend . . .

Feodor Ardent
(Breaking the Fourth Wall for once)

Originally posted by Chieftess
4 words. Look at the save. :)

Russia and England are SO small, that we can take them out in 1 turn. I saw a huge Persian stack that we can attack before they enter any cities. England still has muskets, so they won't hold up long.

How would we take out England and Russia in one turn? I looked and it appears that Russia would take at least two turns to conquer if we had no units in their territory when the war began. You're not proposing an ROP rape, are you?

Originally posted by bootstoots

How would we take out England and Russia in one turn? I looked and it appears that Russia would take at least two turns to conquer if we had no units in their territory when the war began. You're not proposing an ROP rape, are you?

At this point I think ROP reputation dosn't matter as much. As to what Chieftess said, it is a very precise exxageration. Russia and England could very much so be left with a couple of cities in one turn. ;)

I think we should knock out Persia right now also. Greece I would suggest saving for last... IF we don't get the domination victory by then then we could take them down, but there one of are major source's of income... Without them we'd be poor.

Top Bottom