Should SMAC and SMAX be avaliable through Steam?

Should Alpha Centauri be avaliable on Steam?

• Yes, that would be awesome.

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No, Steam is for Drones.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • What the hell is Steam?

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • What the hell is SMAC?

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

sir_schwick

Archbishop of Towels
I would like to see both these games available through digital distribution. My disk tends to get damaged/lost by friends every couple years so this would be a welcome alternative. Also its very hard to find reasonably priced copies of SMAX. Does anyone know why there is no digital distro of Alpha Centauri around?

I don't understand PC game publishers

You can buy old albums on CDs and mp3s

You can buy old movies and television shows on DVD

You can read old novels

But godforbid if you want to buy an old PC game and support the publisher in doing so (paying $80 for SMAC on eBay doesn't do anything for EA)

EA should put all its old games on Steam in the coming months. C&C Pack, Maxis Pack, etc. etc.

Get with the times, folks.

No, Steam is for Drones. *Gets Nerve Stapler out and fires a few rounds in the air*.

I just started playing SMAC again yesterday and it is still the best game ever, even by todays standards.

But I dont have SMAX and dont want to pay like £100 for it on ebay. This has to be the craziest expansion ever released for any game, everyone wants it, but they cant get it without spending loads for a second hand copy.

I'm not pro-steam, I just want to be able to buy this game and have it work properly on vista! So I would support SMAC on Steam.

I don't know what Stream is...and I'm shocked that there's not been ONE "What the hell is SMAC?" joke vote...

Top Bottom