Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

CTD error after i settled a moose in a city (4th city, not the first moose or master hunter)

most recent download version (only playing a week), think its v34.

Could you have accidentally hit 2 buttons? The code has crashed in processing the 'goto city' button because there is no current selected unit. My guess is you somehow triggered BOTH the creation of a master hunter (which consumes the unit) AND an attempt to 'goto city' with it, which is crashing because by the time it gets processed the unit has been consumed.

If this theory is plausible I think I can see how to fix it, and I'll make the change in my source, but I don;t have time for enough testing before I go away, so it won't make the SVN for another 10 days or so.

Could you have accidentally hit 2 buttons? The code has crashed in processing the 'goto city' button because there is no current selected unit. My guess is you somehow triggered BOTH the creation of a master hunter (which consumes the unit) AND an attempt to 'goto city' with it, which is crashing because by the time it gets processed the unit has been consumed.

If this theory is plausible I think I can see how to fix it, and I'll make the change in my source, but I don;t have time for enough testing before I go away, so it won't make the SVN for another 10 days or so.

Could be, would have unintentional ofcourse.... and thanks for replying!

I think I also noticed another way to create a memory error, if anything on the screen has suddenly moved and hasn't had time to catch up and refresh, then when attempting to save I get the sudden Memory fault. -note- My system is an i7 quad core w/32GB RAM Win7 64bit 2GB Nvidia 670 card

I'm playing with an enormous map, with 48 Civilizations to start. Also terrain damage, wouldn't it be better to have different levels of damage for cold terrain or desert? Such as Ice and Salt Flats 'cause more than simple desert or tundra? I noticed the tundra and permafrost is the same at 15% for each. (killing my hunters here)

I think I also noticed another way to create a memory error, if anything on the screen has suddenly moved and hasn't had time to catch up and refresh, then when attempting to save I get the sudden Memory fault. -note- My system is an i7 quad core w/32GB RAM Win7 64bit 2GB Nvidia 670 card

I'm playing with an enormous map, with 48 Civilizations to start. Also terrain damage, wouldn't it be better to have different levels of damage for cold terrain or desert? Such as Ice and Salt Flats 'cause more than simple desert or tundra? I noticed the tundra and permafrost is the same at 15% for each. (killing my hunters here)

1) I'd be interested in evaluating that process - please provide a save with instructions on duplicating.

2) Agreed... it's on my list of to-dos to deepen that mechanism including varying damage. For now what we have is sufficient as you can take terrain promos to make your units immune to them in increasing degrees of severity, even if the damage doesn't technically vary.

1) I'd be interested in evaluating that process - please provide a save with instructions on duplicating.

2) Agreed... it's on my list of to-dos to deepen that mechanism including varying damage. For now what we have is sufficient as you can take terrain promos to make your units immune to them in increasing degrees of severity, even if the damage doesn't technically vary.

Please move this to the NEW bugs thread, thx.

Top Bottom