Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a new custom game for SVN 9199. Changed the folder name to Caveman2Cosmos before I started. I selected to begin in prehistoric era but the year is 7260 BC?? Wasn't it 50,000 BC previously?

I just ran a series of tests and the Only way you get 7720BC as a start date is If you selected Ancient Era to start in. See screen shot.

If you chose Prehistoric the Start date is still 50000BC. See Screen shot

Perhaps you hit the Random (top selection) instead of Prehistoric (2nd selection) for Era start. Ancient is the 3rd selection.

Note:The Ancient Era Start will still say Prehistoric Era in the upper left corner (this has never been fixed). But the date is the Start date for C2C Ancient era start. Also when you go to the Tech tree for your 1st tech to research it will be Sedentary lifestyle at start of Ancient Era. See screenshot.

JosEPh

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 95
  • Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 51
:D Changing a mod always clears the cache.

@Joseph I assume you mean RoM:AND not AND both are called A New Dawn:mischief:

Yes RoM:AND, and are you so sure on changing mods clears the cache? Especially if you have just played RAND?

JosEPh

Yes RoM:AND, and are you so sure on changing mods clears the cache? Especially if you have just played RAND?

JosEPh

Absolutely. Doesn't matter what mods either. I think that even if you have played C2C then go to the main menu and go load a mod and load C2C it still clears the cache. It does not "remember" what mod you were playing so clears the cache.

Okay then!

But now I have No idea why SteelSterling's games are Sooooo messed up. And no one else's. :crazyeye::wallbash::hammer2:

JosEPh

The Orbital Drydock doesn't seem to have the same latitude restrictions of other orbital infrastructure.

It was set to ancient era. It DID show as prehistoric in the game for some reason. I was finally able to get the SVN working, got everything updated and started a new game and it's fine.

Hi

When i go to next turn, my nation changes !!

i'm playing the latest SVN.

Attachments

• Nano BC-12900.rar
    747.4 KB · Views: 77
As requested over in the Troublemaking criminals thread, savegame with all three combat mod options off (Size Matters, Fight or Flight, Hide and Seek) showing inability to get rid of spawned criminals in my cities. SVN9199, I believe.

Criminals in question are a mixed bag parked in my capital of Bibracte, on the west coast of my main continent. There are more criminals in the cities in the far north and along the east coast of the continent. None of the criminals in any cities have accumulated any Wanted promotions, which is likely the reason for inability to Arrest. I believe what's happening is that the Investigation check is succeeding once in a while (granting XP to investigating units), but it's failing to add the Wanted promotion to the criminals.

Assassination attempts against them also fail, silently. In the capital, there are a Game Hunter, Assassin, Hashishin, and a pair of Scoundrels. The first three do not have Criminals on their target list, so should not be able to assassinate them if I'm understanding the mechanic correctly. The last does, and should. Mouseover of the Assassinate button gives no target or odds for the first three units. Mouseover on the Scoundrels' Assassinate buttons DO give odds against one of the Troublemaking Criminal Assassins, but not all of the time. In all cases, clicking the button results in a popup with options of "______" (blank) and "No", neither of which has any effect.

Finally, if any of the assassination-capable units leaves the city and attempts to reenter, it will be blocked from doing so. Sometimes, a brief flash of combat odds occurs if the unit in question is a Scoundrel.

Attachments

• Brennus BC-2022.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
Hi

When i go to next turn, my nation changes !!

i'm playing the latest SVN.
Probably you're on the option that does that.

As requested over in the Troublemaking criminals thread, savegame with all three combat mod options off (Size Matters, Fight or Flight, Hide and Seek) showing inability to get rid of spawned criminals in my cities. SVN9199, I believe.

Criminals in question are a mixed bag parked in my capital of Bibracte, on the west coast of my main continent. There are more criminals in the cities in the far north and along the east coast of the continent. None of the criminals in any cities have accumulated any Wanted promotions, which is likely the reason for inability to Arrest. I believe what's happening is that the Investigation check is succeeding once in a while (granting XP to investigating units), but it's failing to add the Wanted promotion to the criminals.

Assassination attempts against them also fail, silently. In the capital, there are a Game Hunter, Assassin, Hashishin, and a pair of Scoundrels. The first three do not have Criminals on their target list, so should not be able to assassinate them if I'm understanding the mechanic correctly. The last does, and should. Mouseover of the Assassinate button gives no target or odds for the first three units. Mouseover on the Scoundrels' Assassinate buttons DO give odds against one of the Troublemaking Criminal Assassins, but not all of the time. In all cases, clicking the button results in a popup with options of "______" (blank) and "No", neither of which has any effect.

Finally, if any of the assassination-capable units leaves the city and attempts to reenter, it will be blocked from doing so. Sometimes, a brief flash of combat odds occurs if the unit in question is a Scoundrel.

I've got a lot to do this weekend - crashes from SO and such. I'll see if I can't get to it at some point here.

Just got this CTD,

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 98, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 711, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function showMainInterface failed, module CvScreensInterface

mini and save in zip

I've been having issues with my game, not really having to do specifically with C2C but I'm having a new issue. Just updated to SVN 9205 and now my shortcut for Caveman2Cosmos won't load the custom profile I created. My shortcut points to"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" ini=CivilizationIVC2C.ini
In my CivilizationIVC2C.ini is the line ; Determines which user profile is loaded on game start
UserProfile = C2C
However, when Caveman2Cosmos loads, it never loads the profile I created, C2C, it only loads the default profile.

I've been having issues with my game, not really having to do specifically with C2C but I'm having a new issue. Just updated to SVN 9205 and now my shortcut for Caveman2Cosmos won't load the custom profile I created. My shortcut points to"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" ini=CivilizationIVC2C.ini
In my CivilizationIVC2C.ini is the line ; Determines which user profile is loaded on game start
UserProfile = C2C
However, when Caveman2Cosmos loads, it never loads the profile I created, C2C, it only loads the default profile.

It has happened to me also, all i do is start a |Play Now" game of standard BtS, that way everything resets.
Then i go to the C2c and make a NEW shortcut, that usually works for me??

Okay, not sure what happened, but after uninstalling McAfee and Spybot and suddenly myCivilizationIVC2C.ini was back to normal. I loaded a save and exited and it was still the same. Previously, the game overwrote the file with just a couple of lines.

Next turn CTD

Ok looks like just the normal saves are CTDing??, because if i go back one autosave it works??

I also wonder IF i might be because the next turn one of the cities does NOT have buildings to build and the city building information pops up the next turn and no buildings are in the queue?? maybe not??

Okay, not sure what happened, but after uninstalling McAfee and Spybot and suddenly myCivilizationIVC2C.ini was back to normal. I loaded a save and exited and it was still the same. Previously, the game overwrote the file with just a couple of lines.

I use spybot and have not had any such problem like that. On the other hand I also use AVG and have to tell it to Allow all kinds of games.

JosEPh

I don't think it was Spybot causing the problem. I uninstalled McAfee (I think this was the issue) and wanted to use Windows Defender (along with Malware Bytes) and for some reason could not get it to start up while Spybot was installed...weird.

I don't think it was Spybot causing the problem. I uninstalled McAfee (I think this was the issue) and wanted to use Windows Defender (along with Malware Bytes) and for some reason could not get it to start up while Spybot was installed...weird.

[offtopic]I used to have McAfee also, but it was causing all kinds of problems with games, so i got rid of it, and not only use Windows Defender, and WebRoot . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom