Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

File "CvUtil", line 276, in sendMessage
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
Related to something I did recently, will check it out.
v. 10975.
I still have the same bug with World Wonder buildings: they are not displayed as available for building when I'm in city view.
For example, I have all prerequisites met to build Neanderthal Culture. But it is not displayed in available buildings within city. It is not even listed in "not yet available" buildings.
But at the same time I have Neanderthal Culture listed in the popup list of "Choose what to build next..." And I can queue Neanderthal Culture from there.

Here is save game file.
You have already capped out your wonder limit of 1 with the klasies river cave wonder, so I think the problem is that the popup doesn't check if the city can build more wonders. @billw2015
Edit: Wait a minute... Cultures shouldn't count towards the xam wonder count and should thus be buildable when other wonders are not due to hiiting the wonder limit. hmm...

Last edited:
You have already capped out your wonder limit of 1 with the klasies river cave wonder, so I think the problem is that the popup doesn't check if the city can build more wonders. @billw2015
Yeah I will check tonight, I thought it is calling CanConstruct for every building but maybe i missed somewhere

Maybe it calls player.canConstruct, rather than city.canConstruct for wonders.... or something?

I mean, since wonders you don't have the tech for doesn't show up in the pop-up.
There's also some arguments for that call that makes it ignore limits or some such.

Maybe it calls player.canConstruct, rather than city.canConstruct for wonders.... or something?

I mean, since wonders you don't have the tech for doesn't show up in the pop-up.
There's also some arguments for that call that makes it ignore limits or some such.

CvCity::canConstruct calls CvPlayer::canConstruct.

Maybe the popup uses different parameters for canConstruct and the city screen also uses the BuildingFilters to filter the buildings list.

is this whats supposed to happen?? i am able to build the Neander Culture when it pops up for NEW buildable items and stuff, but when i dont pick it and go to the city for buildable items its NOT there??
same turn

just click on next turn and u will see. . .

EDIT: But it does show up 2 turns later after new tech for some reason?>??

EDIT1: pic: for some reason u have to click on that turn on avail in the wonders and then when u check the buildable units, its the opposite, u have to unclick it?? weird stuff . . .

Sorry I cannot reproduce this. Neanderthal culture shows up correctly. It is unlocked by Nomadic Lifestyle, which you have, and shows up in both UI building lists correctly for me. I am on very latest SVN.
upload_2019-8-14_18-36-39.png

upload_2019-8-14_18-36-23.png

upload_2019-8-14_18-36-54.png

I will have another look at the python side of this.
v. 10975.
I still have the same bug with World Wonder buildings: they are not displayed as available for building when I'm in city view.
For example, I have all prerequisites met to build Neanderthal Culture. But it is not displayed in available buildings within city. It is not even listed in "not yet available" buildings.
But at the same time I have Neanderthal Culture listed in the popup list of "Choose what to build next..." And I can queue Neanderthal Culture from there.

Here is save game file.
Found the error, fix is incoming.

@billw2015, Ahh, please put large images inside spoilers, or just leave them attached under your post without placing them in the text. ^^

Last edited:
Found the error, fix is incoming.
Thank you very much!

v. 10975.
For some reason Great Military People counter didn't reset to 0 for me. It did before this occasion (I got Great General and Great Hunter).
I got second Great Hunter (3rd great military person). Total points required to next great military person has increased. But accumulated points counter remained the same. It didn't reset to 0.
Here is save file.
To reproduce: find Wanderer 1, attack a Horse directly to the south of him.

Thank you very much!

v. 10975.
For some reason Great Military People counter didn't reset to 0 for me. It did before this occasion (I got Great General and Great Hunter).
I got second Great Hunter (3rd great military person). Total points required to next great military person has increased. But accumulated points counter remained the same. It didn't reset to 0.
Here is save file.
To reproduce: find Wanderer 1, attack a Horse directly to the south of him.
Any coders have any idea what might've changed this behavior?

I will check now.
Keep in mind that the total progress resets and the progress points towards the flavor of military great person that is selected resets, but the ones that weren't selected stay un-zeroed out on purpose so that they can also gradually grow into the next selected unit to be birthed.

The total progress counter is what needs to accumulate for a birthing event and that, if I'm understanding the bug report, is what's not properly resetting here I think.

Followup to my previous post: ...this is obnoxious and probably can't be resolved by you guys.

In my main game, which has new random seed on reload implemented because I hate not having it, wanderers don't upgrade.

In a test game with NRS completely disabled, they work just fine. :undecide:

Followup to my previous post: ...this is obnoxious and probably can't be resolved by you guys.

In my main game, which has new random seed on reload implemented because I hate not having it, wanderers don't upgrade.

New random seed option is disabled for reason, so you can't turn it on in game.
It was hidden, because it made debugging much harder.

New random seed option is disabled for reason, so you can't turn it on in game.
It was hidden, because it made debugging much harder.
Oh, I know, thanks. I'll try not to bring up bugs without checking a regular game from now on.

Very strange to think there'd be a relationship between the two things at all. But it would be difficult to debug with random seed on and then taking care of itself when its off.

Very strange to think there'd be a relationship between the two things at all. But it would be difficult to debug with random seed on and then taking care of itself when its off.
For the record, I'm pretty sure the only other difference in setup between the two games was world size (gigantic for the main, small for the test).

Last edited:
Game with "Random leader" option ON
India got "barbarian" as leader. Polynesia got "Nehandertals". And "barbarians" dont even have a portrait.... At least, give a name and a portrait ^^ (Conan for barbarians? :D )

Okay, I have a final report in case it helps anyone else. My above statement about the setup differences was grossly in error, and I apologize for forgetting the details.

See, I am a filthy, filthy casual. In my entire history of Civ games back to 1 I have never gone above Chieftain, and in 4 especially I have a habit of messing with things. So the main game wasn't just random-seeded; in order to get a halfway decent starting position, I regenerated the map multiple times and then gave up and went into Worldbuilder to at least make sure there was stone in my city radius. :cry:

...so my latest test game, in which new random seed was on but I didn't mess with anything else at all, works just fine and my poor abused wanderers can finally get the promotions they deserve.

Thanks for putting up with this old idiot. :crazyeye:

@Anq now game crashes on map generation and loading saves.
You left that out - is it intentional? You deleted line above bracket in CvInfos
Code:
{
        int iNum = pClassInfo->getNumBuildingHappinessModifiers();
        m_aBuildingHappinessModifiers.resize(iNum);
        for (int i=0; i<iNum; i++)
        {
            m_aBuildingHappinessModifiers[i].iModifier = pClassInfo->m_aBuildingHappinessModifiers[i].iModifier;
            GC.copyNonDefaultDelayedResolution((int*)&(m_aBuildingHappinessModifiers[i].eBuilding), (int*)&(pClassInfo->m_aBuildingHappinessModifiers[i].eBuilding));
        }
    }

Attachments

• MiniDump_10979.rar
    13.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom