Single Unit Graphics in BNW

PQSCUser

Chieftain
Previously a CIV 4 player with modding experience (XML and Python).

CIV 4 allowed Single Unit Graphics on the Option Screen.
I'm learning CIV 5 from scratch. Quite a learning curve, thus far.

Are Single Unit Graphics possible with CIV 5?

If so, is it a simple Option to select, or does it require Modding?

SUG is not a standard game option in V. I would bet there's already a mod for it, but if not, well, maybe you've found your next project. Try researching this in the Creation & Customization forum.

Also, I see you joined just yesterday. Welcome!

Yeah, best asked in the C&C sub-forum. But the mod is here - Single Unit Graphics | CivFanatics Forums

A follow-up to Single Unit Graphics | CivFanatics Forums for Civ 5 newbies like me (even though this is the wrong forum, apologies).

The mod no longer works. Two Steam posts from 2017 & 2018 indicate this. I Subscribed to the Mod, Enabled it, and it didn't work.
The mod was last updated Feb 21, 2014 @ 7:31pm. The author did not respond to the 2017 & 2018 Steam posts.

In Civ 4, the scaling of Units was accomplished via Options and in the Units.xml file. I forget which integer tag, but you had to change each and every land/sea unit. So you could Option SUG and programmatically keep certain units as multiples.
Anyways, as I slowly progress with Civ 5 modding, perhaps I'll stumble on the method to accomplish this.

Top Bottom