[MOD] Skipper's Tweaks

SkipperXIV

Chieftain
Have you ever looked at Democracy and wondered why you would ever choose it? Ever look at the Javelin Thrower and wish you could just build regular archers? Well this mod is for you!
I've taken a look at many of the options available in Civ 3, from governments to units to even wonders and adjusted many of them to provide you with a more enjoyable, varied Civ 3 experience! Feedback is welcomed and appreciated!

Edit: Update 1.5.0 is out!

Attachments

• Skippers Tweaks Changelog.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Skipper's Tweaks (Civ 3 edition) 1.5.0 Changes.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I gave all civs 1 color. No duplicates. There are 32 colors and 32 civs (31+barbs).

I also like the preferred government changes you made. Makes a lot of sense.

Also the iron works idea is a good one - it was quite rare to build in a productive city.

As for Leo's workshop - I made it a small wonder. So it doesn't become to OP for the human player.

Bo
I gave all civs 1 color. No duplicates. There are 32 colors and 32 civs (31+barbs).

I also like the preferred government changes you made. Makes a lot of sense.

Also the iron works idea is a good one - it was quite rare to build in a productive city.

As for Leo's workshop - I made it a small wonder. So it doesn't become to OP for the human player.

Both of those changes you made make sense! I'll consider them myself! Also, Hotfix 1.4.1 will be out soon cause I realized I messed up a lot of Unique Unit upgrade paths.

Very nice mod! I liked it.
Can you plz help with mod installation? I copied biq file into 'scenario' folder and where should I put files from 'SkipperPedia' folder?

Very nice mod! I liked it.
Can you plz help with mod installation? I copied biq file into 'scenario' folder and where should I put files from 'SkipperPedia' folder?
Put the whole folder into the same scenario folder. And make sure it's the [Civilization III Complete\conquests\scenarios] folder

Btw, do you plan to touch espionage a bit? I always thought it is too overpriced.

Without having played it, I can say that the addition of cultural wonders to the industrial area sounds appealing. I don't know how many 20k games I've played where I've run out of cultural builds in the industrial area, so for sure, any mod that adds cultural buildings to that era has potential.

Top Bottom