Slav UA and Resource Pods

Ultraxus

Chieftain
Im wanting to use the Slavs UA to slingshot to a specific tech. My question is how reliable are resource pods in giving a solar collector rather than another bonus?

I'd say you've got like a 90% chance of getting a solar collector on a Standard Terran map.

Provided your initial build order is Old Earth Relic > Explorer > Explorer[3 Total Explorers out counting the free one]

-----

On the rare chance this fails, Ecology is right there, and doesn't hurt the slingshot speed that much.

Im wanting to use the Slavs UA to slingshot to a specific tech. My question is how reliable are resource pods in giving a solar collector rather than another bonus?

So far, I've gotten the Solar Collector from my first pod 100% of the time as the Slav Fed. I'm pretty sure it's intentional, obviously. I always just sleep it until I've researched the pre-requisite stem tech before the one I want to slingshot into. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my free tech on some tier-1 crap. :lol:

So far, I've gotten the Solar Collector from my first pod 100% of the time as the Slav Fed. I'm pretty sure it's intentional, obviously. I always just sleep it until I've researched the pre-requisite stem tech before the one I want to slingshot into. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my free tech on some tier-1 crap. :lol:

I tried it at least 10 times and only got the solar collector once :( I may have to use the miasma repulsar instead

Opening with two scouts, I've never not gotten a satellite

I tried it at least 10 times and only got the solar collector once :( I may have to use the miasma repulsar instead

Seriously? Wow, the RNG must hate you or something. :lol:

Not even exaggerating, 100% of the time my first pod with them pops the solar collector. I'd just assumed that they'd programmed it that way when playing Slav Fed.

Opening with two scouts, I've never not gotten a satellite

My usual build order (I take the free worker 99% of the time) is OER, Explorer, Explorer, Explorer.

Explorers are just stupid good in the early game. And if you can pop an affinity upgrade and get them either supremacy 1/purity 1 early on (or even BOTH as has happened in a few of my games) they become THE thing to build in the early-game.

Top Bottom