Small Mafia Game: Zack Mafia II

The first part of the twist was that everyone had a personal goal to lynch another player.

Code:
bestrfcplayer	Catharsis
BSmith1068	Red_Spy
Catharsis	bestrfcplayer
choxorn	        civplayah
civplayah	Skwink Caesar
GamezRule	Winston Hughes
General Olaf	Jarrema
Jarrema	        choxorn
landlubber	robbiecon
Red_Spy	        GamezRule
robbiecon	General Olaf
Skwink Caesar	BSmith1068
Takhisis	landlubber
Winston Hughes	Takhisis

Catharsis explained the other part of the twist, or at least part of it, quite well here.

Catharsis said:
So I guess... Zack was the only one who knew who the two minions are, right? Because 'we don't keep secrets in here, except for me [Zack]'.

But the townies lynched Zack first, so that information died with him...
I did literally nothing as a player besides determine how alignment was revealed. If I was lynched, everyone was revealed as innocent. If I was alive, the people that Catharsis and Skwink had PGs to lynch would be revealed as mafia, and Catharsis and Skwink would be revealed as innocent, because I am an evil, lying bastard.

I don't like your attitude, Skwink Caesar.

You kill me here, I kill you at Elimination. Serves you right.

Well that went down to the last minute!

Sorry about the lynch there Winston, I really was torn between you and Skwink. If I had just stuck with my change we would have ended sooner and you would have been alive, but I fell for Catharsis' push there thinking he was a confirmed townie from the reveals...

@Gamez: :cheers:

Now I know why Winston was so obtuse. He just had to get me lynched.

I don't check often, but you killed me and today you were on the brink of death…

I'm honored that Catharsis views me as enough of a threat to kill me on day 1, but next time, don't do it if I can still talk while dead. :p

My FOS on Jarrema doesn't look like it was the best way to fulfil my PG...

Great work, Catharsis, you just blew the game. :sad:

Why thank you :king:

Good game town, you hustled well and kept active, and deserved the win. Thanks to Skwink for being my scumbuddy and not :rolleyes:ing too much at my lack of hiding ability :lol:

Also, thanks Zack for hosting this. Admittedly I am a little disappointed by the revelation that you would've lied about the minions' identities even if alive, because I figured that this game was based on rewarding the townies for thinking outside the box and punishing them for doing the obvious thing (lynching you on Day 1). Whereas it turns out that the obvious thing was also the right thing to do.

Still, a good game, a better setup even than Zack Mafia I, in my opinion. :goodjob:

I'm honored that Catharsis views me as enough of a threat to kill me on day 1, but next time, don't do it if I can still talk while dead. :p

Ehh, got rid of your vote, didn't it? (Yeah, admittedly I hadn't noticed at that point that people could talk after death in this game.)

Delurking to say:

Dang, I was RIGHT about Catharsis?

I'm freakin' good at this game when I'm not playing.

The twist I think was fairly obvious by the end, just not the details of the how and why. Neat game, Zack.

Well, the twist wasn't what I thought it was, but I still had the right suspicions.

I thought that only two people got killing PGs and that those two targets were mafia. My PG is to see Skwink dead, so by that logic, I assumed he's mafia. Good thing he is.

Why thank you :king:

And thank you for letting me live long enough to play a part in Swink's undoing. Causing my first lynch as an innocent will certainly require a little revenge at some point in the future, though... :trouble:

I have to agree with your comments in the QT about civplayah as MVP - he was right on the money here, even down to picking Swink and Jarrema as guilty and innocent respectively, while I was still thinking they were scum buddies. Good game again, cp. You're starting to make a habit of this. :hatsoff:

As for the game set-up itself, I thought it worked out really well. The reveals thing was a neat twist and very well handled, with a nice balance between hints and misdirection, and with consequences that were significant but not game-breaking. Nice one, Zack. :goodjob:

Wow. I was right about Cath all along (and I unknowingly achieved my PG as well)! But, good show by Zack to put this all together! I hope we have another Zack Mafia!!!

Final Rankings

GamezRule (Main VC completed, PG completed, Survival)

BSmith1068 (Main VC completed, Survival)

bestrfcplayer (Main VC completed, PG completed)
civplayah (Main VC completed, PG completed)
landlubber (Main VC completed, PG completed)
robbiecon (Main VC completed, PG completed)
Takhisis (Main VC completed, PG completed)

choxorn (Main VC completed)
General Olaf (Main VC completed)
Jarrema (Main VC completed)
Red_Spy (Main VC completed)
Winston Hughes (Main VC completed)

Catharsis (No goals completed)
Skwink Caesar (No goals completed)

None WOGed! :goodjob:

Do the people of CFC want a Zack Mafia III, or are they growing tired of these shenanigans?

I would enjoy a Zack Mafia III.

Yes!!! :goodjob:

Catharsis, you kinda made it obvious when you actively pushed against the Zack lynch. Although, I did find it funny that people believed you.

Top Bottom