9. Night 4 Ends - Rhand Killed; Day 5 Begins
  10. Day 5 Ends - Bianca Lynched; Game Over
End posts:
---
Full list of Smilies.
---
Backstory

Spoiler backstory :

For many years, Forumville has grown in the CFC Forums Valley. The Smilies there lived in relative peace, although there were often strange occurrences. Repeated attacks of werewolves and mafia meant that many of the Smilies began to distrust one another. Finally, however, Hats Off, a rather congenial Smilie, got them all to unite. :hatsoff:

Soon all were united under his charisma, and his simple chant could be heard throughout the valley.

NO MORE MAFIA! NO MORE MAFIA!
WE WANT PEACE! WE WANT PEACE!

The Smilies in Forumville decided they did not want to fight anymore. "Why do we have to kick Smilies out of games, anyway?" was a common question. So things began to be at peace. Hats Off felt rather satisfied.

But soon, new Smilies began to trickle in. This had happened before, and Forumville had always welcomed the new Smilies happily. There was no reason to cause a fuss. New Smilies were always welcome - perhaps they brought some new games to play that did not include Smilie elimination.

For a while, this continued peacefully. No trouble happened, and the new Smilies slowly joined the others until a long list of Smilies was taken at the census. But then, something changed.

Hats Off was known for circling the valley, encouraging Smilies to stick together and asking what they could do to improve Forumville. But one morning, the Smilies woke up to find Hats Off stabbed! The Smilies were afraid that the Mafia bug had returned!

Soon, more and more Smilies were found stabbed. It didn't kill them of course; they simply wandered off to other parts of the Forum while life continued. But the Smilies couldn't stand for this. Forumville had to unite!

Finally, one thing confirmed their fears: Blue, a friendly guy, had been stabbed last night. A quick look at the security footage nearby confirmed everyone's worst fears.

:backstab:

Blue was backstabbed. The Offsite Smilies had invaded, and they had to be stopped now. The Smilies rounded up everyone they could find, players from onsite and new players who just came for a visit, and they decided to solve this the ol' fashioned way: a Mafia Game.

Reserves [No Limit]:

Montmorency
Timsup2nothin
Arakhor

Hosts:
Topsecret
Synsensa

Last edited:
Town Hall
(Rules)
:king:

Spoiler :
I. Obey the Forumville regulations. :salute:
Spoiler :
(A) Adhere to the Forum Rules. This is required.
(B) Follow the rules of the game.

II. Once you say something, it cannot be unsaid. :think:
Spoiler :
(A) Do not edit your posts. If you edit a post, any votes in it are invalid and ignored. Violations could result in being mod-killed.

III. Time is set in stone. You must abide by it. :coffee:
Spoiler :
(A) This game has 2 phases: Day and Night.
(B) Day is 48 hours, and Night is 24 hours.
(C) During the day, vote for who you think is part of the Offsite Smilies (or confuse Forumville Smilies if you are part of the mafia!)
(D) During the Night, any and all people with Night actions should PM them to me.
(E) We will be using the twilight rule: talk continues for the first hour of night.

IV. Secrets may not be copied. :gripe:
Spoiler :
(A) You cannot take images of your Role PM, etc. However, you may paraphrase your role.
(B) You may not communicate to anyone outside of the thread unless the host specifically allows you to do so. You may only communicate via the method prescribed.
(C) I, as GM, reserve the right to remove anyone from the game if they try to break these rules.

V. The guilty shall be voted for. :dubious:
Spoiler :
(A) Votes should be cast in the vote: topsecret format. Unvotes are not required, though obviously allowed. Unvoting without a new vote counts as Abstain.
(B) Abstain and No Lynch are both allowed.
(C) Feel free to point out any mistakes in tally you think I've made. That doesn't mean something else might be affecting them, though...
(D) Ties for the lynch will be randomly determined, except in the case of an ability affecting the lynch.

VI. Know your role. Use your role. :cool:
Spoiler :
(A) Smilie Mafia includes:
- Forumville Smilies (Innocents)
- Offsite Smilies (Mafia)
(B) Everyone will receive a role PM. However, some players will not have a night action from their role.
(C) Any and all items and abilities you start with are in your Role PM.
- An item cannot be given to another player without specifically saying it can be given.
(D) To use an ability or item, send me a PM with the required target or input.
(E) You may or may not receive a result PM for your night action.
(F) Below is an example of a Role PM:
Spoiler :
Smilie: Sad - :(

Character Details: You are Sad. You're feeling bad because you know the Offsite Smilies are in Forumville. Perhaps if you can lynch one, you will feel better about it.

Alignment: Forumville Smilie (Town)

Victory Condition: Eliminate any hostile threats to the peace of Forumville.

Abilities: None

Items: None

VII. Work to achieve victory. :trophy:
Spoiler :
(A) The Forumville Smilies victory condition is as follows:
- Eliminate any hostile threats to the peace of Forumville.
(B) Offsite and Independent Smilies have different victory conditions.

VIII. A dead smilie is... dead. :popcorn:
Spoiler :
(A) When you're dead, you may make one BAH! comment. Otherwise, please stay quiet. Do not PM other living Smilies (about the game).
(B) Dead players will receive a QT link.

IX. Don't get replaced. :sleep:
Spoiler :
(A) I will replace inactive players as I see fit. This is all left to the host's discretion.
(B) If you wish to be replaced, let me know by PM, and I will try to find you a replacement.
(C) Please be active. It kills the experience of the other players if you're not.

X. The mayor can pass laws anytime he wishes. :hammer:
Spoiler :
(A) I reserve the right to, at any time, change one, some, or all of these rules simultaneously if I believe that it is necessary to the game.
(B) Hopefully, a rule change is not required. Nevertheless, I will be as fair as possible if one must occur.

If someone has questions, PM them to me.
Most importantly, have fun!

Prelude
:coffee:

A beautiful sunrise rose on Forumville. Smilies hovered in and out of the Colosseum, the Marketplace, and other locations up and down the forums. A large group of Smilies could be seen shouting about new updates to the latest iteration of Civilization, but many of them were happily about their business. Some could be seen debating the merits and pitfalls of various ideas, and still others built empires in an interesting part of town known as IOT. But in any case, Forumville itself, nestled at the bottom inside the Mafia and NOTW subforum, was ablaze with a new controversy, fiercer than the rest of whatever was happening in CFC.

The Offsite Smilies, a small group of angry Smilies from other sites, had arrived to cause chaos. Smilies looked distrustfully towards each other, doubting whether others were friend or foe. The Smilies had only one recourse: someone had to go.

If one had never been around Forumville, they would not know that the first day for a Mafia Game was always abuzz with some sort of controversy or excitement. Coffins were prepared ahead of time, complete with a box of nails for putting the last one in. While some Smilies would be condemned to these coffins from the start, others would be heralded as "paragons of townieness," an important title that denoted absolute trust and honor.

The Smilies, having prepared for their famous traditions, prepared to get things underway in the way only they knew how - with a vote.

---

Day 1 has begun!
:shifty:

Day One will end in around 55 hours after this post, on Thursday, June 11th at approximately 6:30 PM EDT. :thumbsup:

Vote for someone to lynch in bold using the vote: Topsecret format. :deal:

Only a plurality is required for the lynch. :hammer:

You may begin voting and posting.

AWARDS

:trophy:
Trophy Award - Goes to the best overall Smilie as selected by the hosts

:grouphug: Group Hug Award - Goes to the best Forumville Smilie as selected by the town

:evil: Evil Award - Goes to the best Offsite Smilie as selected by the mafia

:assimilate:Assimilate Award - Goes to the Smilie who was the sneakiest

:cry: Cry Award - Goes to the Smilie who died Night 1 [Dolbster]

:old: "Good ol' Days" Award - Goes to the best references to past games and players

:gripe: "BAH!" Award - Goes to the Smilie who gives the best quote upon death

:deal: Deal Award - Goes to the Smilie who started the bandwagon on Day One (First Vote on the Wagon) [Golden1Knight]

:help: Help Award - Goes to the Smilie lynched Day 1 [LordArgon]

:xmas:
Christmas Award - Goes to the Smilie who starts the wagon for the Gift. (For another player.) [Pzelda]

:mischief: Mischief Award - ???

@Takhisis
@Dolbster
@Golden1Knight
@JohannaK
@Marcher Jovian
@pzelda
@biancasbotique
@LordArgon
@Rakkoon
@Rhand
@RRRaskolnikov
@Yakostovian
@Ace Marvel

Have at it. :D

Last edited:
Captain Ace reporting for duty! No evil smilies will survive the power of happiness!
Just remember to never look a tulip in the eye!

Day 1 Vote Tally

Votes (0) -
:pat:

Abstain/No Kill (0) -
:hmm:

Yet to Vote (12) -
Takhisis, Dolbster, Golden1Knight, Marcher Jovian, Pzelda, Biancasbotique, LordArgon, Rakkoon, Rhand, RRRaskolnikov, Yakostovian, Ace Marvel

Pending Replacement (1) -
JohannaK

Hi everyone :)

I’ve been playing for 8 years. I’m used to slow phases with lots of time to read / reread and read some more.
I probably would have never signed up for a fast game like this, but a lost bet is a lost bet and I’m here to give this my all.
Luckily my job doesn’t exist during the pandemic so I have time to burn on nee experiences :)

In my day fought these offsite smilies with Ol' Orange :old:. He was known as Agent Orange back then :ar15:. Now, you can't walk on the street without getting stabbed by one of these immigrant smilies . Sport, I'm telling you, Forumville used to be a decent neighborhood :cowboy:.

Hi everyone :)

I’ve been playing for 8 years. I’m used to slow phases with lots of time to read / reread and read some more.
I probably would have never signed up for a fast game like this, but a lost bet is a lost bet and I’m here to give this my all.
Luckily my job doesn’t exist during the pandemic so I have time to burn on nee experiences :)

Hi! Don't worry about it, I'm also someone that enjoys a slow pace, let's just do our best.

In my day fought these offsite smilies with Ol' Orange :old:. He was known as Agent Orange back then :ar15:. Now, you can't walk on the street without getting stabbed by one of these immigrant smilies . Sport, I'm telling you, Forumville used to be a decent neighborhood :cowboy:.

Hi! Why would you post an offsite smilie, hmmm.

oh shoot I have to bandwagon LordArgon to get this award..sheez...ok vote LordArgon everyone :)

PS: how can i put smilie?

I am going for that first award

##Vote LordArgon

We don't use MU's vote system here (he says, staring longingly at how automated it all is). Instead we use bold, like so:

Vote for someone to lynch in bold using the vote: Topsecret format.

:)

In the post editor, there's an emote icon in the editor bar. If you click it, a small suite of smilies appear, but you can head over to the Other Smilies tab for even more.

oh shoot I have to bandwagon LordArgon to get this award..sheez...ok vote LordArgon everyone :)

This button:
Screenshot_20200609-122731~2.png

And give me a minute, I will post a link to the full list.

Top Bottom