[R&F] Sneak Peak 6/02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between it being a totally expected civ with a rather lukewarm reception, it seems kinda telling that this thread has just over half as many posts as the sneak peak with the second-fewest posts.

I vote for Shakala for the Zulu. :)
The Shakala song would be like this:

uShakaka!

uShakala!

O fierce one!

Even cape buffalo cower in fear just from looking at her!
Sharper than the sharpest spear!
Tougher than the toughest diamonds!

O fierce one!
uShakala!

Even the bravest white man cowers in fear just from looking at her!
Deadlier than the deadliest rifle!
More cunning than big game hunters!

O fierce one!
uShakala!

She can outrun the swiftest cheetah!
She screams louder than the loudest lion!
She can jump over the tallest giraffe's upright neck!

O fierce one!
uShakala!

The Shakala song would be like this:

uShakaka!

uShakala!

O fierce one!

Even cape buffalo cower in fear just from looking at her!
Sharper than the sharpest spear!
Tougher than the toughest diamonds!

O fierce one!
uShakala!

Even the bravest white man cowers in fear just from looking at her!
Deadlier than the deadliest rifle!
More cunning than big game hunters!

O fierce one!
uShakala!

She can outrun a cheetah!
She screams louder than a lion!
She can jump over a giraffe's upright neck!

O fierce one!
uShakala!
HAHA She would be amazing!

Very true that iron and steel aren't the same thing, but low-carbon ferrous alloys like wrought iron don't hold an edge. The Greek and Persian speartips and Roman gladii were made of steel.
From wikipedia, "The Vetulonian sword was crafted by the pattern welding process from five blooms reduced at a temperature of 1163 °C. Five strips of varying carbon content were created. A central core of the sword contained the highest: 0.15–0.25% carbon. On its edges were placed four strips of low-carbon steel, 0.05–0.07%, and the whole thing was welded together by forging on the pattern of hammer blows."

The highest carbon concentrations in Roman Gladii are in the core, not the edge. 0.05% is a very mild steel.

The Vered Jericho sword in Israel is a great example of early "steel." Possibly 7th Century BC. :eek:

Between it being a totally expected civ with a rather lukewarm reception, it seems kinda telling that this thread has just over half as many posts as the sneak peak with the second-fewest posts.
Not much to speculate on.

My predictions:
LUA: (Buffalo Horns) - Increased flanking bonus. Can build corps "somewhat earlier".
UB: (Ikanda) - known...
UU: (Impi) - Replaces Pikemen. 3 Movement. +1 Movement when starting on flat terrain. Ignores cost for Hills and Wood. Bonus combat strenght when fighting more modern units.
CUA: (?) More housing from farms and pastures. Units gain XP faster.

My predictions:
LUA: (Buffalo Horns) - Increased flanking bonus. Can build corps "somewhat earlier".
UB: (Ikanda) - known...
UU: (Impi) - Replaces Pikemen. 3 Movement. +1 Movement when starting on flat terrain. Ignores cost for Hills and Wood. Bonus combat strenght when fighting more modern units.
CUA: (?) More housing from farms and pastures. Units gain XP faster.

Oh, my predictions were closer than even I expected myself.

Moderator Action: ok as we know the leader this thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom