Some fun with France

Minh Le

King
Its been a few months since I last played the mod so I gave it a try and I have never had such a powerful game like this one on deity.
The new France is awesome.
I play with 3/4 UC as well on standard continents map, standard speed and deity difficulty, VP version 3.10.14
The ability to capture units and they can move after captured is awesome.
I only had to make 2 archers plus the starting warrior who got upgraded to a spearmen for the first few wars. Just capture a lot of enemies units and overwhelm them with number.
I was the tech leader in Renaissance and snowball like crazy from there after Musketeer.
I think the capture chance is too high right now? I captured almost 50% of the units I killed and that's really strong.
Spoiler Total amount of units 1 turn before victory :
1.jpg

Spoiler Massive amount of culture and production in every city :
2.jpg

Spoiler The amount of unused units :D :
3.jpg

Capture chance has always been 50% if the base CS of both units are the same. I don't believe this was changed from vanilla.

I'm open to any mechanic change that gets rid of chance but the AI can still use well. They currently don't know about unit capture at all.

Yeah the biggest change was that they can move/pillage after captured. Before they cant move so the chance you can keep them alive is quite small. Now its much easier to keep them alive, so I think we should lower the chance as well.
Its already so powerful because you can capture unique units, and units you havent unlocked yet.

France is crazy OP as a human as it means you get a free army from barbs and then snowball incredibly hard. Every war just makes you stronger with 0 trade-off.

I think capture chance at equal CS should be ~30% and not 50%. But there should be some XP gain on the captured unit so it feels more special.

By ~medieval the 0xp units were useless and I was just using them as meat shields to quickly take cities (the war wariness was mildly problematic with the suicide units but I could end wars so quick I stayed ahead of it)

Yeah the normal units with 0 XP are kinda useless but still useful as meatshield. But the unique ones are still good even at 0 XP.

Yeah the normal units with 0 XP are kinda useless but still useful as meatshield. But the unique ones are still good even at 0 XP.

I went Freedom -> Self-Determination (not great for a warmonger, but I was so far ahead), liberated half a dozen cities and those 0 XP units got strong very quickly.

Srsly tho, France is OP, even when not warmongering.

Top Bottom