So whats a poster like you doin' in a place like this?

I used to play ALOT of Civ2 and naturally as I eventually tired of the WW2 scenario, I looked for new fodder and so came first to Apolyton and then Civfanatics. I eventually stopped lurking and joined up as there looked to be alot of characters and good fun to be had - it was probably the first Internet forum I ever joined (explains in part why within my first 10 posts I got a 2-3 day ban). In addition to that, I just loved the format of civfanatics forums...I've not found better.

That I've stayed here is because there is alot going on, alot of topics from World History, to Politics, to Diplomacy, Current Affaires, SMAC all the way to something as banal as Civ3...it has got it all :)

Also as this forum is connected to the Civ series, as long as that lives, we'll have a new flux of posters (sometimes a torrential flood) and that keeps the place lively and stops it from becoming too set in its ways. Oh, the changes I've seen, this all used to be fields ;)

:yeah: 4 more years, 4 more years :yeah:

I still civ a lot... That makes me wonder why my post per day is so high... :hmm:

I still play CivIII

I came here because of CivII way back in the days ... since I've floated around on the CivIII and CivII fora, and OT. For the last year or so, I've mostly posted in OT, I suppose. But people still rec'nize me in C&C and CivIII GD, or so I like to think.

I still play Civ3 daily or so, but that is about to change when I gear up for a Linux+ certification. I'll probably be posting less, too.

I still play civ but not as much as before. this place is just so addictive and If i do not get my fix, I get withdrawal symptons. I do find that almost anything can be talked about here and sometimes you can learn things while lurking/posting here. that is an amazing fact.

I like to post here because it reminds me of college when I could go to the plaza and engage all types of people in debate on any topic.

When i joined i played almost constantly, i now rarely play and when i do i play civ2, i used to be a postaholic in the civ2 threads but ive slipped out of existence there and moved more to the OT, AOG and the likes, i stay here because its an excellent forum full of diversity and interseting people :)

Is debate the right word?

Really, I'm asking seriously. I remember this place as the home of the infamous "ME" thread in which two sides sat and talked to themselves for four days straight about why Jews/Palestinians were the better killers, or the petrie dish that spawned a million folk who thought Afghanistan was all about the oil pipeline.

Richard III said:
Is debate the right word?

Really, I'm asking seriously. I remember this place as the home of the infamous "ME" thread in which two sides sat and talked to themselves for four days straight about why Jews/Palestinians were the better killers, or the petrie dish that spawned a million folk who thought Afghanistan was all about the oil pipeline.
That still exists to some point, although the topics have shifted. The classic ME thread seems dead for more than a year, but the infamous Creation vs. Evolution thread has become its even worse successor.

Overall the poster age average seems to have dropped considerably. But some decent people are still there. ;)

I said it reminded me of college when I used to engage in debates ;)

Seriously, one will find the occasional debate here on OT. But certainly many more 'ME' threads where it is more of a shouting match. I sometimes find these interesting as well, because it exposes me to viewpoints I wouldn't hear otherwise and sometimes I learn something about why people yell about the things they do.

storealex said:
My girlfriend knows abosolutely nothing of politics, and most of my friends either agree with me, or we already discussed everything to death.
I also like history, and the history forum is filled with clever people writing interesting stuff.
Finally, I want to know how and why people in other countries feel and think.

Oh, and sometimes Im just bored.

This describes me too ;) , I still play Civ quite alot, mostly just experimenting.

Top Bottom