SOEv5 Unit Previews

recon1591 said:
Zee,

But that was with the old setting right. ????? Which i think at that time was V4.

Ages ago :)
One of the very first versions ( with some home made changes ;) )
It didn't even have half the units wyrm's made by now.

900 units? Who has the patience to do that? I for one don't have the patience to repost them all individually.

Wyrmshadow said:
900 units? Who has the patience to do that? I for one don't have the patience to repost them all individually.

I don´t have the patience and the time, too. But may be I have an idea how to do such a list in some minutes. ;)

Edited: I hope, Simon Darkshade has soon finished his word document about SOE-units (post 806) and posts it soon. I need the graphical download capacity at CFC now for other things. Screene-list deleted.

List Part 2:

Edited: The screene with the missing Russian units (R10 -R88) and the Romanian and Swedish units is now attached too.
Simon Darkshade, thank you very much for your hint and I hope we soon have your better list available, so that I can delete this temporary screenshot list. :)

Edited: See post 784. The screene "Russian units (R10 -R88) and the Romanian and Swedish units" stands here for some more days.

there are 1008 units sofar in SOE. which = 1.3 gigs of space alone.

And this is just the European Mod. We still have SOP to do which will be a addon with the Japanesse, C China, N China and maybe the Aussie's as well.

holy christ! I can imagine no way to make the ai build all this different types of units without a huge techtree/upgradepath...( or are all of them preset? so it would take hours to load this scenario)

There is a tech tree, but there are also national troops that are unique. For example, the Russians won't have to worry if they should build shermans or t34's.
Also I have experimented with various troops arrangements in Civ3 and the computer will build a variety of troops so long as they are different enough. For example, one of my tribes has both female and male warriors. The females are slightly faster to train (cheaper in shields) but not quite as stout (1 less hp) the AI builds a mix of male and female warriors. But with more females, which I am fine with... I could probably even it out a little by slightly increasing their cost.

yea i know that not every natin can build allthe units but even though if let's say there are 10 maincivs there will still be about 100 unit each. if it's split up into inf/tanks/planes/arty/ships that would be about 20 units each. I just think it will be difficult to make the stats for all the units different enough to make the ai build them.. But as usuall SOE-Team will manage to balance it well ;)

For the units that the AI does not want to build they are assigned to be autpro'd by an improvement. Alot of the units also are upgrades to earlier units that become available through research.

recon1591 said:

And this is just the European Mod. We still have SOP to do which will be a addon with the Japanesse, C China, N China and maybe the Aussie's as well.
:ar15: :spear: :scan: AND We will get to test an observe em all in battle? ....:woohoo:

~:salute: "It's a honour and a pleasure sir !!" *The Rage n' Cajun* :salute:~

A Big thanks to the entire team for letting me in on this epic event.~T.A

recon1591 said:

And Storm over Mediterranean, Storm Over World, Storm Over Korea, and Storm Over Vietnam. Damn, you guys are going to have a lot of work to do. ;)

AlCosta said:
And Storm over Mediterranean, Storm Over World, Storm Over Korea, and Storm Over Vietnam. Damn, you guys are going to have a lot of work to do. ;)
Well for Korea I'm just waiting on some human units. Luckily SOE goes into post war so I have the needed planes ships and tanks.

BadKharma said:
Well for Korea I'm just waiting on some human units. Luckily SOE goes into post war so I have the needed planes ships and tanks.

BadKharma, have you seen the number of your post ?

Congrats to your 1,000th posting! :band:

Top Bottom