solutions for windows 8.1, nothing out there.

ghostbugg

Chieftain
So, I upgrade my pc to windows 8.1 about 2 weeks ago or so. Everything was working fine until I tried to play Civ V. I just cannot get it to work. And, I cannot find any solutions for the problem, or even something showing that the developers are working on fixing the problem. All I get is "try reinstalling it' or "verify it in steam", or "make sure everythings up to date". I am not the only person having this issue sense upgrading, as i can find plenty of feedback online about the same issue.

I have done all of that and more, and I have gotten nowhere. And it seems as if the people who would normally solve this problem (developer, microsoft, nvidia, etc..) don't seem to care.

So, this is where I am at. I can start the game. I can go through menus and change settings and what not. However, as soon as I actually try to start a game, It crashes and i get a very generic message stating that something went wrong and the game had to close. and thats it.

Anyone out there possible have the same issue or any idea how to solve this?

When you launch the game, are you selecting the "Windows 8 - Touch Enabled" option instead of "DirectX 10 & 11"? If so, don't do that. If you aren't using a touch-enabled tablet (your problem description says you upgraded a PC), stay with DirectX 11.

Top Bottom