Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

You can just set up a mod folder for this, and play with it when not playing HOF games.

I found the location for those like me with Steam BTS. The game files are actually well hidden on C:\Arquivos de programas\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Assets. Nowhere they direct you to this place, so i had to explore like 40 folders to find it. Just put everything there instead of in your .../Program Files\Firaxis\etc and it should work.

Tip for next time: Click Start, then Search, and search for "Assets". Would have presented you the folder within 5 seconds ;)

That would have been too easy. I dont play Financial for this reason :rolleyes:

Made an important update regarding two gameplay issues that people have noted.

* Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
* Poison Water and Ferment Unhappiness missions changed for non-Normal speeds. Only the duration scales now, not the effect. So on Marathon, it will be -8 happy for 24 turns, not -24 happy for 24 turns.

Made an important update regarding two gameplay issues that people have noted.

* Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
* Poison Water and Ferment Unhappiness missions changed for non-Normal speeds. Only the duration scales now, not the effect. So on Marathon, it will be -8 happy for 24 turns, not -24 happy for 24 turns.

Nice. These two were the game breakers, it's great to have a fix here. Thanks.

Just wanted to say that I love the fact that you guys release quick fixes without fuss, even though they are unofficial. With QA, it will probably take weeks until the first official patch comes out.

will this be the official way to go for firaxis? i don't want to get used to that if it will not find it's way into an official patch because it's changing corporations from a semi-weapon to a production/culture/science-booster. and i want to develop tactics that i can use even after a patch.

erebos

The official patch will also change it, yes. I can't promise you that it will be exactly the same, but my fix certainly puts it closer to what it will be in the official patch.

Possibly tone down the AI building of 10,000 caravels?

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually attacked with a stack of them, instead of putzing around the coast doing nothing but giving me XP

Possibly tone down the AI building of 10,000 caravels?

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually attacked with a stack of them, instead of putzing around the coast doing nothing but giving me XP

Indeed the AI does love the caravel. They make great privateer fodder, but you're right, it isn't clever...

Edit: It's probably because the caravel fills so many AI roles. I notice it's the only ship that has an AI for spies and missionaries. Does that mean that once caravels are outdated, the AI won't use Galleons and Transports to deliver spies and missionaries/executives oversea?

Minor update...

* Added possible workaround for a crash bug.
* Fixed an infinite loop problem with city attackers (thanks Gyathaar)

Thank you, Solver, for all the help you are providing us. :)

First I would also like to thank Solver for this patch, but I think there is still a problem with autoexplorers. While its much better than before, they still occasionally get caught in a loop and must be manually moved to get out of it. Anyone else seen this?

HTML:
If you want a fix to the Military Academy bug, download the next file and
 place it into Assets\Units (again, preferably back up the original).

I don't exactly have this folder; is it safe to say its actually in Assets\XML\Units?

Top Bottom