Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

Bhruic already fixed the culture display and Spies being kicked. Main menu crashes are not something I can fix. And the jury is still out on those AI resource issues.

I don't know if the multiplayer reports are due to the usual mod problems that show up at patch time, but it looks like there might be an issue there as well.

I got the issues, and use no mods. There's definiviely an issue.

Which it shouldn't. because bargaining just adds MM (especially once gold is an option)

Ideally you should have a
"What deal will you take?" option (they will take it but give diplopenalties to you)
and a
"What deal would be fair?" option (they will give no diplo effect, or a slight diplo bonus to you)

A quick heads up to anyone in the middle of a game - despite what was said in earlier threads, 3.02 and 3.03 saves are not compatible with 3.13. The game crashes to the desktop if you attempt to load them.

I was just able to load a 3.02/3.03 save. However, it was the first turn of the game, so there may still be an issue with loading later saves.

I was able to open a v3.02 save that was at 1392AD. And it was even made with a mod that I updated for 3.13. Not sure why some people are having troubles with older saves.

Bh

so solver, you are officially out of the unofficial civ patching business? that makes me sad. i wish you would team up with bhuric and gain crazy great person points.

so solver, you are officially out of the unofficial civ patching business? that makes me sad. i wish you would team up with bhuric and gain crazy great person points.

I'm very glad to see that Bhruic rose to the occasion and he's doing a great job with it. I'd help if he needs anything from me, but he's really done great by himself so far :)

So, you still think that?

Okay... you got me. Though wrong culture display and the AI buying resources it already has are the only crucial bugs, IMO. The rest are minor to moderate. The Workers-capturing-cities-from-sea bug would be a critical one, but it's an extremely rare occurrence.

I'm very glad to see that Bhruic rose to the occasion and he's doing a great job with it. I'd help if he needs anything from me, but he's really done great by himself so far :)

Okay... you got me. Though wrong culture display and the AI buying resources it already has are the only crucial bugs, IMO. The rest are minor to moderate. The Workers-capturing-cities-from-sea bug would be a critical one, but it's an extremely rare occurrence.

How about the late game where AIs city garrisons consist mostly of corp executives and you can steam roll even the most dominant civ with little resistance?

The "colony inheriting dead civ's culture and relations"-bug is worse than any of those; it has the potential to happen fairly often and ruin your game when it does.

I would rather use solver's patch than upgrade.

/bookmark

Solver said:

Sorry Solver, but the dead civ/colony overwrite bug is a game breaker, and far from uncommon at the higher levels. Throw in executive spam and whatever's wrong with multiplayer, and the unofficial patch is essential.

I'm still a little baffled on save game compatibility. I've got a few (maybe 1 in 3) to load under 3.13, but I can see no real pattern to which ones work and which don't.

Top Bottom