Song of Ice and Fire Mod | Introduction

soon I will deliver the promised Westeros map and a scenario with all western houses :) Some minor changes and improvements on the later units, techs and buildings will be integrated as well

soon I will deliver the promised Westeros map and a scenario with all western houses :) Some minor changes and improvements on the later units, techs and buildings will be integrated as well

Is there an estimated date for this release? :)

I'm not sure. I'm pretty busy at university right now. Perhaps next weekend a first version.

I just found this thread and wanted to thank you for putting in the effort to create what looks like a great ASOIAF mod. I'm looking forward to downloading it and trying it out.

Hi! I downloaded all files. It's working by rapidshare. Then I found and loaded the mod in the "Beyond the sword" game, but after on the main menu, it is written that I can "unload the mod" so it is well loaded but when I go on "solo-play now" i launch a usual play. And I found nothing in the Personnalized plays and other.

(I precise that I'm french so the titles of the menu may not be the same as you in english, i just translated it)

Thanks to help me! I'm eager to try your mod!

Hi, I just read this thread for the first time, searching around after being so disappointed of CivV. I am a big fan of Ice and Fire and love the idea of making a game out of it.
I think we should talk about the major design decisions. I am not intend to offend in any way, but: do you really think you will get the Fire and Ice feeling with houses as playable Civilizations?
Let’s take as an example the house Lannister with it’s 4 heros Cersai, the Gnome, the King Slayer and the father (forgot his name). These persons have complicated relations amongst each other from love to hate, the gnome even killed his father. If you let a player play the Lannister-Civilization: how would you hinder him to let his 4 heros work together. Or let’s take the Baratheons: you all know what happened with the 3 brothers. Even the Starks, while loving each other, do not work together.
And more: all the things that civilizations are typically doing like searching technologies, founding cities, … are not done by the houses during the course of the books. Technologies, Cities, World Wonders are their, but they are not changed.
From my feeling the books are about individuals, not houses.
The individuals try to survive, aquire abilities and allies. The other entities like houses or cities or units are more passive, being used and led by the individuals.
I don’t know if this is technically possible but I think for Ice and Fire the player should play an individual instead of a house.

Btw: the download is so slow. Other big mods like FFH or Rise of Mankind have only one single file with much faster download, It would be so nice to also have this here

Hi, I just read this thread for the first time, searching around after being so disappointed of CivV. I am a big fan of Ice and Fire and love the idea of making a game out of it.
I think we should talk about the major design decisions. I am not intend to offend in any way, but: do you really think you will get the Fire and Ice feeling with houses as playable Civilizations?
Let’s take as an example the house Lannister with it’s 4 heros Cersai, the Gnome, the King Slayer and the father (forgot his name). These persons have complicated relations amongst each other from love to hate, the gnome even killed his father. If you let a player play the Lannister-Civilization: how would you hinder him to let his 4 heros work together. Or let’s take the Baratheons: you all know what happened with the 3 brothers. Even the Starks, while loving each other, do not work together.
And more: all the things that civilizations are typically doing like searching technologies, founding cities, … are not done by the houses during the course of the books. Technologies, Cities, World Wonders are their, but they are not changed.
From my feeling the books are about individuals, not houses.
The individuals try to survive, aquire abilities and allies. The other entities like houses or cities or units are more passive, being used and led by the individuals.
I don’t know if this is technically possible but I think for Ice and Fire the player should play an individual instead of a house.

Btw: the download is so slow. Other big mods like FFH or Rise of Mankind have only one single file with much faster download, It would be so nice to also have this here
Hmm, it could be solved by just incorporating RevolutionDCM mechanic and tweaking it a little though. I love Song of Ice and Fire so I hope to see this mod succeed, will download & give feedback when the final version comes out :)

New to the boards...I've been reading rather than contributing for several months, but I was compelled to register so I could post in this thread. I'm a huge fan of the books and got my hopes up about this mod, but I downloaded the files, dropped them in the mod folder, and when i tried to load, the game went back to windows, then i get the error message that the application had to close, please send error message blah blah blah. What am I doing wrong here? BTW, I attempted to run this in BTS, if that matters.

How's the mod been going?

Just downloaded it tonight and had a bit of fun playing as House Tyrell. On Turn 169 and just two crashes so far. Lysa Arryn and Balon Greyjoy have both declared war on me, but Lysa hasn't ventured near my territory yet. The Ironborn... keep on approaching my cities with stacks of eight or so warriors, seeing my defences, and then running away with their tentacles - er, I mean tails - between their legs. Don't know if this is an intended feature or not. ;-)

:) That would indeed be great. This whole experience is a bit strange to me, as I've been modding Neverwinter Nights for as long as it's been out and I'm accustomed to being able to make most changes to that game whenever I want... But I've never modded Civ 4, so having to wait for someone else to do so is just strange!

Anyway, I've had a few games of this so far and in each case there comes a point where it just crashes on a certain turn (a different turn for each game, but reloading an autosave and returning to that turn just leads to another crash). Haven't gotten past Turn 230 on any game. I've just downloaded Python and a few other bits and pieces, and if I have time I'll try to learn how this modding is done and fix what I can.

My enthusiasm for GRRM's world is greatly increased at the minute with Dance of Dragons coming out this summer and the HBO series airing - being able to play in Westeros (...could I learn to make a Westeros map script, even...?) would be the icing on the cake. Mind you, there's supposed to be an official strategy game for PC coming out in the last quarter of this year. Given how busy I am at the moment, that'll probably see the light of day before I get a grip on Civ modding. ;)

PS: I've checked out what one would need for Civ 4 modelling, and there's a plugin for the modelling program I normally use (for my NWN modding), so I might be able to help out there. Also, having read back over the thread, I think that a good replacement for the Altar of the Luonnatar would be the Citadel Tower. I seem to recall reading that the Citadel is already a building, but this could be a way of extending and expanding it.

:) That would indeed be great. This whole experience is a bit strange to me, as I've been modding Neverwinter Nights for as long as it's been out and I'm accustomed to being able to make most changes to that game whenever I want... But I've never modded Civ 4, so having to wait for someone else to do so is just strange!

Anyway, I've had a few games of this so far and in each case there comes a point where it just crashes on a certain turn (a different turn for each game, but reloading an autosave and returning to that turn just leads to another crash). Haven't gotten past Turn 230 on any game. I've just downloaded Python and a few other bits and pieces, and if I have time I'll try to learn how this modding is done and fix what I can.

My enthusiasm for GRRM's world is greatly increased at the minute with Dance of Dragons coming out this summer and the HBO series airing - being able to play in Westeros (...could I learn to make a Westeros map script, even...?) would be the icing on the cake. Mind you, there's supposed to be an official strategy game for PC coming out in the last quarter of this year. Given how busy I am at the moment, that'll probably see the light of day before I get a grip on Civ modding. ;)

PS: I've checked out what one would need for Civ 4 modelling, and there's a plugin for the modelling program I normally use (for my NWN modding), so I might be able to help out there. Also, having read back over the thread, I think that a good replacement for the Altar of the Luonnatar would be the Citadel Tower. I seem to recall reading that the Citadel is already a building, but this could be a way of extending and expanding it.
i dont know if that can help u but i have a crash always when "the white hand" is done in one my city

The mod is working fine for me, but I can't make it work with any of the Westeros maps. I would like to play a good map with this mod, with the eastern lands add as well.

when can we expect new stuff in this mod?

The mod is working fine for me, but I can't make it work with any of the Westeros maps. I would like to play a good map with this mod, with the eastern lands add as well.
u have no crashes at all? especially around the turn 200-250 a crash that u cant pass trough this turn?

Top Bottom