Song of Ice and Fire Mod | Introduction

Hi there ... I'm sorry to say that this mod outgrew and I couldn't find any reliable help. Right now I'm very busy but the extremely disappointing modding scenery of CiV could bring me back to this one.

hello dewell. I just want to say u did a great job with this mod and you arrived has to retranscribe the atmosphere of the books perfectly.
i hope u will fix the bugs to return the game playable:)

this sounds really good! Especially where you have to find out which things effect the armmagedon counter. Actually makes you have to solve problems.

u have no crashes at all? especially around the turn 200-250 a crash that u cant pass trough this turn?

I've not got that far. I'm guessing if I had found a map that worked and started really getting into it I would have, and it would have crashed.

Hi there ... I'm sorry to say that this mod outgrew and I couldn't find any reliable help. Right now I'm very busy but the extremely disappointing modding scenery of CiV could bring me back to this one.

As a recent convert to the George R.R. Martin fanclub, and a long-time lover of the Civilization and Fall From Heaven series, this mod looks and sounds so incredibly enticing. I wish that I could play the finished product right now!

With the surge in the stories' popularity due to the HBO miniseries, and a good number of modders trickling back to Civ IV after Civ V's debut, if there was a time to get back on this project it would be now. What could interested people like me do to help this mod be finalized? I ask because, at this moment, there are few things I would like more than to be able to play it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Through what personal connections I have, I could conceivably hook you up with at least 1 artist, an English-to-German translator, and at least 2 bibliophiles who could dig up obscure bits of Song of Ice and Fire lore. I could see what other strings I can pull as well, and am myself pretty good at game mechanic balancing, and scrounging up Creative Commons art and sound resources.

Please don't let this die. The potential is too dang awesome.
(P.S. Yes, though I've lurked here for some time, seeing this was enough to get me to register. Take that as you will. :p)

...failure of CiV modability.

I'd just like to point out that for most things, it is far simpler to mod Civ5 than Civ4. New mechanics, for instance, are amazingly simple to add.... so long as you have at least a minimal idea of what you are doing. Civ5 is less beginner-friendly than is Civ4, but as a result is more capable.

It's major flaw lies in the realm of total conversions, and there should be work to remedy this sometime in the future.

well, until Civ V releases the SDK DLL, there is no real way to know the modability of Civ V short of arrogance.

I would hope Civ V is more mod-able than Civ IV ... as it would need to become a different game to be playable.

well, until Civ V releases the SDK, there is no real way to know the modability of Civ V short of arrogance.

I would hope Civ V is more mod-able than Civ IV ... as it would need to become a different game to be playable.

...What? Try modding it. The SDK has been released, since the game came out; that's not the DLL.

In any case, you can add entirely new mechanics to the game without DLL work, due to the database implementation of the tags. Sure, not everything is possible.... But many of the popular civ4 modcomps could be ported over in their functionality.

So no, its not arrogance. It is fact that it is far more flexible for modders than is Civ4. The learning curves are simply steeper.

well that is good news

I just wanted to add another voice expressing interest for a playable version of this mod. The elements that are already in place are great on their own -- I'd be really happy just to be able to play it as-is without having to deal with frequent crashes. All of the bells and whistles that dewell has mentioned in earlier posts are even more exciting, but if there's just enough time to make the Alpha version not crash, that would still be fantastic.

That said, there is one element from Book 5 that could affect any future developments of the magic system:

Spoiler :
The Maesters appear to be actively working to stop the spread of magic, so whatever powers Maester units have could decrease as the magic counter increases, and vice-versa. Also, there could be some Maester-driven ritual like Elegy of the Elohim that reduces the magic counter.

so what is this download, is it .part files i have to combine in some way after downloading them all or can i just download one of them?

downloaded all parts from same source (first link) and extracted to one folder, then when i go to load i get this error.

GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme.

then it crashes to my desktop.

note, when i right click my taskbar, it refrences my realism invictus installer, i wonder if there is an issue of some kind?

Hi all!
I've played Civ4 for long time, then the fifth but I was so disappointed for it that I haven't played yet for about one year.
Now I would like to play this mod, but I have some questions:

- it's a BTS mod?
- you have to download FfH too, to play this mod?
- it's compatible with BUG mod and Blue marble?
- it's possibile to see some SS of the map?

Thank you!

downloaded all parts from same source (first link) and extracted to one folder, then when i go to load i get this error.

GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary control theme.

then it crashes to my desktop.

note, when i right click my taskbar, it refrences my realism invictus installer, i wonder if there is an issue of some kind?

it's an error in theme config file - it is set to look for theme images somewhere, but when you change the folder name, if breaks ...

check the "/Mods/<mod folder>/Resource/Civ4.thm" file and change it accordingly

Hi all!
I've played Civ4 for long time, then the fifth but I was so disappointed for it that I haven't played yet for about one year.
Now I would like to play this mod, but I have some questions:

- it's a BTS mod?
- you have to download FfH too, to play this mod?
- it's compatible with BUG mod and Blue marble?
- it's possibile to see some SS of the map?

Thank you!

i believe it's BtS mod and it doesn't require FfH installed to be played; as for the BUG and blue marble - i seriously doubt it would be bug compatible and slightly doubt that it would be blue-marble compatible

Is there any news on this mod, or a link to the mod?

Since people here are presumably interested, is there a functioning Civ V mode for Ice and Fire?

Top Bottom