Spartan Horseman (06 Dec, 2007)

yes they are amazing, but theres something missing :hmm: ahh yes, a saddle! I see in the picture there is a blanket for a saddle in your unit none! :crazyeye:

Actually, I wanted to distinct ancient Greek horsemen from Macedonian ones, and the saddle will be given only to Macedonians.

This looks fantastic...I've really enjoyed all of the units you've been making. Wondering about the saddleless nature of your rider, I did some quick checking and found "...they did not take shields into action. As offensive weapons they had the straight two-edged sword and a spear, used either as a lance or a javelin. Shoeing of horses was unknown to the Greeks, as was the use of stirrups. If anything was used as a saddle, it was either a saddle-cloth or a piece of felt, which was firmly fastened with girths under the horse's belly" on wikipedia and corroborated by more reliable sources, but there it was most concise.

Bottom line--this looks very accurate as well as being excellently composed!

there are several Horse lines desperately needed...

Native American
MesoAmerican (there are some, but the line isnt complete)
Polynesian/Caribbean
Mongolian
Indian
probably more, but these are the ones I have noticed

there are several Horse lines desperately needed...

Native American
MesoAmerican (there are some, but the line isnt complete)
Polynesian/Caribbean
Mongolian
Indian
probably more, but these are the ones I have noticed

I have to agree more mounted units are definately needed. I would really like to see more Native american units both mounted and unmounted.

Top Bottom