*Spoiler* MTDG Cage Match - GA's Spoiler

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
If your name is RegentMan, please exit the thread. Well, in reality, it doesn't matter if you look, since you don't have a chance of wining. :D

I am Ginger_Ale, leader of the Spanish. Our glorious nation's history starts at 4000 BC, when our capital city of Madrid was founded, starting production on a warrior (15 turns) and research on Agriculture (7). My plans for research include the worker/city development techs, for roading, pastures, cottages, etc. I have a cow resource I'd like to utilize, as well as a nice flood plain tile and some hills and forests. Looks pretty nice compared to RegentMan's start! The RNG likes me better. :)

Some screenies (click to expand):

note: My screenshots, when I show pictures of the map, will have city text, population, and builds show up as blue highlights, meaning I can't read his city names, population, and religions, and other stuff. It's due to my graphics card. If you'd like to fix this, consider giving me money to get a new one. :p

Comments welcome (since I'm such a newbie)!

Nice start :) but why have you gone for agriculture? if your aiming for AH-hunting is the cheaper pre req :)

Yeah, but I'd rather have the ability to build farms as well, especially since I have a floodplain there. Hunting won't do me much good this early, but I'll be sure to pick it up.

Looking at that screenie i shove a cottage down on that floodplain and not a farm :) you've got enough food :)

BCLG100 said:
Looking at that screenie i shove a cottage down on that floodplain and not a farm :) you've got enough food :)

But looking at the second screenshot the warrior is eating the bread:lol:

i have to agree with BC, unless your really struggling for food a cottage on the flood plain is the way to go

Good luck, GA :)!

I agree that the floodplain would probably be best cottaged. I also would have gone for hunting: it allows you to build scouts and gives you access to archers if you find yourself without resources. On the other hand, agriculture is hardly a bad tech to pickup, of course.

Ginger_Ale said:
Okay, I suppose wasting one turn's research won't be that bad, since I'm going to grow faster than RM anyway with the flooplain.

Nice 7,000th post Gogf! :)

The research wont be wasted, the beakers done will stay there

Ginger_Ale said:
note: My screenshots, when I show pictures of the map, will have city text, population, and builds show up as blue highlights, meaning I can't read his city names, population, and religions, and other stuff. It's due to my graphics card. If you'd like to fix this, consider giving me money to get a new one.

Do you have all settings on lowest?

No, but I have a nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400, which speaks for itself about its crapiness.

In other news, woohoo :D, more cows and some silver! And a screenshot, because I know you guys like them a lot more than just some text.

Ginger_Ale said:
No, but I have a nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400, which speaks for itself about its crapiness.

Thats the exact same one i had but i never had a problem with the writing, still it was very crappy so you have my sympathies

Interesting - however, you probably had the latest drivers (because there was a thread in the Bugs forum where someone else had the same card and same problem, and he downloaded the drivers and it worked fine then), but when I tried to update the drivers it nearly killed my PC (lucky I got to reboot using system restore). My previous experiences with drivers aren't that good.

I was able to update the drivers but it still wasn't that great. If you look through some of my spoilers in the aloha thread you can see the difference between the old and new graphics card.

Also RM has more post because he is posting screenies

No i didn't, but like i said it was nothing special, even with the new drivers it had issues. The new graphics card in the other hand is brilliant

I play on medium. I still kept the single unit graphic because i guess i got used to them. I could play on high without problems, but i like my big maps and i don't want it to go to slow later in the game.

I will say even on low the graphics looked better then on the old card

yup ive noticed the change in your screenies in aloha to a couple of spoilers, was just curious :)

cant get above standard and even then its a struggle at points :(

Lots of resources. Need I say more?

By the way, the two X's I drew on the screen are proposed city locations. Any comments? I'm trying to make use of the cows, silver, wheat, gems, and dyes. :D

Top Bottom