Spread Islam and adopt state religion

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Islam has spread to our lands. Should we build missionaries and spread it further? Should we adopt it as our state religion, and if so, when?

In a solo game, I would probably spread it unless there were benefits of not doing so. I haven't looked at the details in this game yet to see how much it will help or how long it might take.

:D By all means spread it. We should take our Islamic brothers' hands in peace and friendship against the infidels of the other continent.

make sure we give it to russia and germany...quickly

The first two missionaries should go to Russia and Germany. That will get them t switch quickly. We should also wait to convert until most of our cities have it or a friend asks us to convert. Unless we want to switch to organized religion and build the missionaries without monestaries.

We shouldn't switch, we want to be friends with the other civs that already have a religion.

GeorgeOP said:
The first two missionaries should go to Russia and Germany.

Umm, it spread to us from Germany, and they have already switched. :mischief:

I think we should switch as well and spread this new faith to our neighbors if we can.

They're ahead of us in tech, so we need them :p

I thnk I would wait a while. Converting would boost our relationship with Germany and possibly prevent them invading us. However, just at the moment I think we need techs and resources from other civs.

Plus, if we are weak enough that Germany is likely to invade again, switching to Islam won't stop anyone else who feels we are too weak. The best solution to the threat of invasion is to be strong.

Top Bottom