SprylliNES: The City of Oracles

The Prophecy

The giant bird-men will catch plague and fall from their lofty heights to the gutters that carry the detritus. Although... those very gutters and drains will be a great success. The success of the sewer will pale in comparison to the great peace its construction will bring.

The grand temple guard will grow stronger, but the source of that strength will also be the source of loss for the temple.

Hlyngban scholars will find their own way to the light, one that involves the temple directly.

The Dean's interpretation of the first of the prophecies is the following:

More Temple healers will become unfortunate victims of the plague if they keep aiding the people of Uleria. However, the construction of the sewage system will be "a great success," bringing about the end, or in the least curbing the growth, of the plague.

As for this plague, we would like to hear the Dean's opinion on the matter, as it is his healers that the prophecy says will cause it. Perhaps it would be best to suspend the use of these healers for this year, or quarantine the healers for atleast 3 years until their symptoms pass or they die of the disease.

The Dean agrees; the healers will be quarantined to their homes for a year, and for a year after the quarantine their use will be suspended.

I speak as a lowly merchant, but it seems to me that the prophecy is saying that the Temple Healers will be the source of the plague spread through the sewers; and that while the construction of the sewers will be a success, it will pale compared to the success of the plague with which the sewers will spread - the great peace being the silence after everyone is dead. I believe that it is incredibly important to quarantine the Temple from the rest of the city, especially from this sewer project and contact with the temple guard, which I believe is also a source of the plague; or failing being a source of the plague, the temple guard would take advantage of the plague-infested priesthood and try to take power. My interpretation may be wrong, especially since I do not have the expertise of a priest, but I believe that it is best to prepare for a worst case scenario.

How could you be more wrong? Quarantining the Temple from the city? The only salvation from this plague could possibly come from God, and you want to shut him out of our lives??

We ask that the Dean, keeper of the Temple, aid the city and its people in this project, and also donate money so that the great peace which the prophecy has said it will bring, shall be made to pass.

The Dean sees the importance of this project, and thus will donate 300 shillings to it.

The Dean's interpretation of the first of the prophecies is the following:...

How could you be more wrong? Quarantining the Temple from the city? The only salvation from this plague could possibly come from God, and you want to shut him out of our lives??

The House of Demoite agrees with the Dean, faith is the center of our lives. When the temple falls, this city and all it stands for falls with it. We stand by the temple and the Dean in these times of crisis. We encourage all of the clans to do so as well.

The House of Demoite agrees with the Dean, faith is the center of our lives. When the temple falls, this city and all it stands for falls with it. We stand by the temple and the Dean in these times of crisis. We encourage all of the clans to do so as well.

The Dean thanks you for your support. Truly the Demoite are a family close to God.

OOC:
Like the quote in your sig 1stcitizen.

The Dean thanks you for your support. Truly the Demoite are a family close to God.

OOC:
Like the quote in your sig 1stcitizen.

Our clan lives and dies in the service of Our Lord and His blessed people. :jesus:

OOC: @qoou Thank you :D!

@anyone... How close or far are we from financing the sewage project? Cuz Its doesn't matter how many people support it if we can't afford it.

If all clans give the monies pledged, there will be more than enough money for the sewer.

Assir pledged 400
Demoites pledged 50
An'Topi pledged 400
Temple pledged 300
Senate provides 177 (according to Kentharu)

Total 1327

Since we have extra money, I'll try to figure out if we can use the money to make the sewer project even better.

Details later.

Clan Name: Haji
Clan Type: Mercantile
Speciality: Trading (import/export)
Description/History: The Haji are a clan who found they had a niche, and that was making deals. They are who other clans turn to when they want to send their goods afar and when they want luxuries from outside the city.
Other: Place us as based in the harbor district.

Adrogans has joined :) .

IC: To: The Senate
1)The House of Demoite would like to donate 10 soldiers and 2 Horses to the Senate for the foundation of an Army of Dis. Do the other clans accept this?
2) Seeing as the private donations are greater than expected perhaps we could resider the Senate budget for this turn...
170 Shillings for the Sewage project.
60 Shillings for the Relief effort on the Ulerian Hill
50 Shillings to be left in reserve.

The Soldiers (if you accept them) can be use to defend the Treasury (2 Soldiers) and enforce a quarentine around the infected areas of the city (8 Soldiers).

To All
From Haji Clan

We are now prepared to export your goods to far off locations and return with goods from other lands. We know that we will be a boon for the Elites especially as a way to trade with outsiders without having to do business outside directly.

OOC:
Awaiting stats to send orders. Hello All!

Adrogans, you've got stats, and the stats are after each update (not on the first post).

Also, everyone should note that the Haji clan's tax increases the senate's budget by 20 shillings per turn.

We must respectfully disagree with Demoites on the matter of spending the extra money, however not by much. You have indeed proposed very interesting ideas, here are our thoughts on the matter.

1. We feel that the house of Demoites would be more than welcome donate soldiers to the Senate and the House of Assir would vote yes to allow this.

2. The current cost for the sewers is a total of 1287 Shillings.

Donations and contributions from the senate put us at 1327 Shillings, which is 40 Shillings over the mark.
We recieve 177Shillings from the Senate currently.

With the extra 40 Shillings we should construct 4 public latrines within the Ulerian Hills, in key locations around the most busy portions of the area. Thus we further increase the effectiveness of the sewers and provide even less waste to be dumped into the streets.

We bank the remaining 93 Shillings with the stipulation that they be used in case of an emergency such as the plague or war.

I would also like the Demoites to expand on this aid to the Ulerian. What specifically will we be helping with? While we feel for the citizens withing Ulerian, the house of Assir must state that, with the sewer project already taking place within the hills, we risk alienating the rest of the city by so closely focusing on the Ulerian. We must not forget that the Senate is for all the people of Dis.

In regards to the plague, we must make arrangements should the unthinkable occur, a major outbreak.

The House of Assir proposes that the Senate pass a law mandating that any and all individuals who die of the plague, or plague like symptoms have their bodies burnt. This will not allow possible festering of bodies.

We are open to suggestions as to other laws that may add in stemming the tide of the plague should it expand to catastrophic proportions.

An'Topi agree with full heart and mind with the Assir. As usual they are aligned to our interests. May our god grant us the strength of will and mind to triumph over the terrible curse set upon us.

I would also like the Demoites to expand on this aid to the Ulerian. What specifically will we be helping with? While we feel for the citizens withing Ulerian, the house of Assir must state that, with the sewer project already taking place within the hills, we risk alienating the rest of the city by so closely focusing on the Ulerian. We must not forget that the Senate is for all the people of Dis.

We understand that we serve all people of Dis, but the citizen most in need right now are the citizens of the Ulerian Hill, I have continually proposed that we quaretine the ill to prevent the infection from spreading. However if we are going to do such we need to ensure that our brothers and sisters in faith have adaquate food, water, fuel and medicine to weather out the worst of the storm. We cannot turn our backs on them now, in their darkest hour. The sewage system will help in the future, but they need our help now! If the Senate of Dis, chooses to do nothing to aid their pain then who will?

The deadline for orders, a clear budget, and replies to Bok and Kyly is in a little under 27 hours. So far I have no approved budget (aside from the sewer), and no replies for Bok and Kyly, and I have orders from qoou, Julius Gandi, and Adrogans.

Send me any questions within the next 6 hours please, or I will not be able to answer them before the deadline.

Bok is delighted that you have all bought so much stone, and their senate is very well inclined towards yours. They have sent an ambassador to suggest a treaty affirming friendship between the two cities.

Kyly requests that the émigrés brought to Dis by the Scara’moosche should be accounted for, as many in Kyly fear they have been enslaved just as the Dis émigrés have been enslaved in Kyly. They believe that the practice is barbarous and should be outlawed by a bilateral treaty. (-2 Scara’moosche Prestige)
Yes and Yes is our vote and we have already submitted a budget. Waiting for votes.
And I have sent my orders already.

Well unless something has changed, nearly the entire senate income is being spent on the sewers.

Deleted: Budget has passed

2. The current cost for the sewers is a total of 1287 Shillings.

Donations and contributions from the senate put us at 1327 Shillings, which is 40 Shillings over the mark.
We recieve 177Shillings from the Senate currently.

With the extra 40 Shillings we should construct 4 public latrines within the Ulerian Hills, in key locations around the most busy portions of the area. Thus we further increase the effectiveness of the sewers and provide even less waste to be dumped into the streets.

We bank the remaining 93 Shillings with the stipulation that they be used in case of an emergency such as the plague or war.

Passed with a plurality of votes, unless either the An'Topi or the Demoites wish to support the other's budget.

OOC: 1stcitizen, orders received.

OOC: This turn is nearly bankrupting the elite clans of funds. We need to have reserves for the next major crisis.

Top Bottom