Star Trek - Battle for Alpha Quadrant PBEM

kobayashi

Deity
This is my first scenario and it was made for multi-player at a time when no one knew what PBEM was. I've always wanted to play it against other humans.

I've run it on automatic for 100 turns so that the PBEM can start at a stage where the pricipal races are more developed.

Federation - Germanos
Romulans - Kobiyashi
Klingons - Academia

Federation - Pinky Gen
Romulans - ???
Klingons - ???

S-League Reviews from the good'ol'days by

Alcibiates
http://sleague.apolyton.net/Reviews/cp_startrek.shtml

Willemvanoranje
http://sleague.apolyton.net/Reviews/wvo_startrek.htm

Dan Silverwing
http://sleague.apolyton.net/Reviews/ds_startrek.shtml

Is anyone interested?

Some Screen Shots

Attachments

• baq2.jpg
    baq2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 471
Do I really need FW for this?

My production in MGE does not seem to correspond with the Pedia: 10 shields =14, 20=28 etc.

If I can play it, I'll definitely take the Federation.

Cool! I´d like to play a star trek PBEM!!!!

Give me the KLINGON EMPIRE!!!!!
"Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"
QAPLA'!

Originally posted by PinkyGen
This looks full, but I want to play too. Perhaps two games? :)

Lets hope some other people would like to play so we can have a second game. If not, I'll play in the second game as well with you.

as for the first game -

MGE is required - desn't matter if the scenario was made using FW. The production doesn't correspond because the number of minerals to fill one row can be set by the author, not because of a FW/MGE incompatability. Probably the only quirk will be when you fire torpedoes - the message will say a unit is killed by some trade item or other.

I will post the after 100 turns scn file here when I get home. It will be using the Kobayashi-no-win-scenario events.

For those of you unfamiliar with STBAQ, I suggest you play at least the first 100 turns as single player just to familiarize yourselves with the game mechanics. Don't play right to the end if you want the PBEM to be 'fresh'.

Thanks Kobi for your explanation ;)

I played with the scen yesterday, but not quite the 100 turns yet. Did discover much more then the AI though :cool:

In fact; I am quite appalled by the state the Federation is in! So:

The new leader of the Federation, Germane, switched production in all (3) planets of the Federation, and declared the federation must start to explore the Universe, and stop playing in it's backyard. The Federation Engineers should start to prepare for missions abroad, instead of drinking coffee with eachother while looking at the stars at night!
The Federation has long enough kept its view inwards, and it should look out for new frontiers, new galaxies and new species.
The new motto is: To boldly go where no men has gone before!

Oh, and first go to that place called Vulcan, since we know it is there for 25 years now, and we could have long ago visited that place. Now get your buts over there :angry:

Actually its the damned Vulcans who have been holding you back, by not helping you develop deep space vessels.

Too bad I made this way before Enterprise ever aired, or else I would have included NX-01 into the game. I would have used some of the Vulcan ships too instead of taking ships from the Star Fleet Battles.

Well, I have the ability to build a spaceship (a freighter, forgot the name) but instead the AI has been building ground units and Engineers. Lots of them, and they have been mining, irrigating everything in sight. Nevermind, I will be able to colonize pretty well now :D

Weird also the AI did not send out any probes. Is it allseeing?

Should I hit Ctrl-N for the remainder of my turns untill I get to the 100th turn (from my try-out game) or should I know enough by now?
(I playtested to 2218 or so)

And I have to check out the readme on the Kobi-no-win scen.

It is good to know you have by this allready submitted to the allpowerfull Federation ;)

Looks like no one else is interested, thanks for the offer though.

Top Bottom