Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Then make a screenie of your Civ3-Conguests/Scenarios-Folder and attach it here.

scenarios folder.JPG

There you go. i hope u can help me i had to crop it so u can see that some others r missing but i kept the stuff on the left and the folders. You can see i have a few old world war 2 games but they don't work either.

Attachments

• scenarios folder.JPG
    scenarios folder.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 149
:confused: You made everything right.

Overwrite everything with new extracted files. Or redownload it, perhaps the archive is corrupt.

Else, open the biq with the editor and save it under another name.

But if the ww2-scenarios don't function either, something seems to be corrupt with your civ complete.

I got it to work apparently my game used to be in atari and all the folders are still there but my game runs through a infroactive games folder. i fixed it so now it works fine. btw the game is awesome just sorta slow

yes downloading now. First I got to reinstall my civ 3. Can't wait to see that GCW scenario. For a suggestion, use the map they have in Empire at War and maybe add a few planets, but that would be all the planets and cities for a good sized GCW scenario.

I loved it being such a large map but Seperatists need to start out with atleast twice as many units(if not more). As the Republic I was able to steam-roll through their territory even with my groups that didn't have armies. Before 10 turns had passed I was up to high 50's land and high 60's pop. I got real excited about the large tech tree but at this rate I probably won't end up researching more than half the first era. Another problem is that if you make all the special Jedi into king units, the comp will sit them inside cities and try to protect them instead of fighting. Considering those are their best units I think this should be changed. Another thing was that Seperatists fighters/droids are almost worthless at their current strength. I think you should only make them have a hp penalty or low values not both. Again there need to be more of them, I only saw one battle where my Jedi got to mow down 8 droids while defending. This needs to happen more often! Destroyer droids should have a movement of 1 they aren't very mobile. Another suggestion is that unnamed Jedi shouldn't be allowed to join into armies. I understand having the named Jedi leading an army but there weren't armies of Jedi running around last I checked.

Again I thought the giant map worked very well because with slow movements this would be an epic game if it was two humans playing each other. The starting units just need to be tweaked a little bit so that Seperatists have the advantage. I loved the hyperlanes concept it worked very well in my game. And I almost forgot, please move Anakin to be with Obi-Wan. What's the point of him being stuck in Naboo with no way out? Good job with the civilipedia entries, so many and detailed.

Thanks bunches for the awesome comments and input. Sheepmonster and I are going to improve the Clone Wars Scenario in the near future after we release the Galactic Civil War. Your ideas and input will be appreciated.

Thank you,Sum aar jam.You have done a fine job-MAGNIFICENT,my friend.The game is innovative and exciting.The ships should however have more moves and attacks-I seem to recall that Tatooine is only a day away from Coruscant via hyperspace. You have reminded me what CIV is and you have shown me what CIV can be. I have been working on my own parallel "Earth" map and mod for the last two years- it is now a month or few from completion now-final tests,changes,corrections and additions for the BETA version are in progress now. You my friend have inspired me to begin work on a series of mods and scenarios where the players can colonize space and\or play as part of an already populated galaxy. Thanks to you I have been spending the last few days downloading mods,scenarios,units and terrains,etc. to make it possile to do what I previusly thought impossible. My idea is to have 31 civilizations per game and to let them go to it on a 365x365 map.I will be using mostly real or fictional Earth civilizations-In my games I play as a fictionalized South Africa founded by the Germans and ths Confederate States of America-The Reich Of The Volk,a sort of Germanized USA allied with the Zulu Empire and Zion( a combined Israel and Abyssinia). Well anyway,thanks for your fine work and for the fun and inspiration that you have given\are giving us.

The AT-ST doesn't work on my computer so I am substituting the Sentinel AT-ST modification.And thenks for the LAAT and AT-TE.I love those things!I am using them in my mod and to use them in their original context is a blast. My computer screwed me on birthday in 2007 and I haven't been able to play Galactic Battlegrounds Saga or Hearts Of Iron 2-my two favorite games next to CIV3 since(I need to reformat my computer). Thanks for giving me back the magic of Star Wars.

Back again! I have a book with the Star Wars alphabet in it.I am thinking that I could perhaps think of months based on those letters\sounds so that you could have named months in your game-the passage of time\turns would add an important bit of drama and realism to the game.If you are interested please message me. If not,that's cool too-you are the creator and the brains behind the game. ThanKs and good work,Sum aar jam!

Glad to make your day Drakonius. If you liked the Clone Wars Scenario, Sheepmonster and I are about to unleash the Galactic Civil War.

actually I misread it, it got this

load error

error reading file missing entry in "text\pedialcons.txt": icon_bldg_galactic senate

game will now exit.

ok, where do I go to edit text in a scen? Can that be done through the editor or is it done else where through files? :crazyeye:

ok, where do I go to edit text in a scen? Can that be done through the editor or is it done else where through files? :crazyeye:

In the main folder of the Mod you`ll find a folder called "text". Open it to find the pedialcons.txt. Open this text-file with Notepad or whatever your choosen texteditor is. Use the search function to find "icon_bldg_galactic". Then just insert _ between galactic and senate. Make sure there is NO SPACE in there. Save ,start the game and play !:)

Wow! Another cool classic Star Wars scenario I didn't know about that I'll have to add to my scifi & fantasy scenario search and rescue thread list! I guess it's probably easy to miss in searches due to having the exact same name as Pleb's old SW-Clone Wars scenario (which can be found HERE).

Sadly the old atomic download for @sum_aar_jam 's old Star Wars The Clone Wars scenario has long been down however using the Atomic backup trick I've obtained the original files! :)

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it worked! I can see some of the unit graphic glitches sum_aar_jam warns about but otherwise it's looking pretty good.

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 37MB from the old 56MB zip file) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/StarWars-TheCloneWars.7z

Count Dooku! (mislabeled lol)
1659797500638.png

World map
1659797526891.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom