Star Wars: Treachery - Sign-Up Thread

Darth Caesar

Might be a Wizard
Star Wars: Treachery

Look at Wookieepedia if you have any questions regarding Star Wars lore (although you shouldn't need to).

The Rules - truly a must read if you want to have any success whatsoever this game.

Spoiler :
Basic Setup

Spoiler :
Setting: The game takes place at a Sith Academy on Korriban. It is during the height of the Jedi Civil War and aspiring Sith everywhere long to join the Academy, few make it in, some die trying. You are a group who has impressed the master enough to join the Academy and train to become a true Sith.

The Players: Each player is a Sith Acolyte looking to advance through the ranks and eventually earn the fearsome position of Dark Lord of the Sith. Therefore, there are no bad guys or good guys, innocents or mafia, townies or scum - whatever you want to call them - in this game. Every man/women for him/herself. However, you may still form secret alliances and plot against others as a team - but every alliance will be temporary, since there can only be one winner.

Victory Conditions: The last man/woman standing wins the game - so this means that only one player will become the Dark Lord of the Sith. But don't despair, for there are still players to kill, alliances to betray, and revenge to be had (among many other things). Since this is going to be a complicated game, I beg all participants to read the rules all the way through at least once.

Phases

Spoiler :
The game will take place in 3 phases: Morning, Afternoon, and Night. Generally, each phase is 48 hours long, but this may change depending on how quickly (or slowly) everyone gets in their orders.

Morning
Spoiler :
In the morning, any player may challenge another player to combat, and if the player who is challenged accepts, a battle will commence. There will be only one battle each morning. More on how this works in the Challenges section of the Rules.

Afternoon
Spoiler :
This is the phase where you train and study. I won’t give a definite list, so please be creative with your orders. You may give 2 orders in this phase. Examples of what you can send in an order:

Spoiler :
  • Read Sith history
  • Practice lightsaber combat
  • Run to build up stamina
  • Practice Force Lightning
And so on.

Giving different orders affects your fatigue levels differently, and also progress you along the path to Dark Lord of the Sith at different paces. There is no maximum to how powerful your abilities can be, so feel free to train in just one category the whole game and become immensely powerful there. Probably not the wisest idea, but to each his own. Different actions taken during this phase can do completely different things. For example, studying in the archives will produce much different results from practicing lightsaber combat. An example of what to send to me in the Afternoon Phase:

Spoiler :
Action 1: Practice in lightsaber combat. Focus on improving the effectiveness of my attack with the lightsaber, but also spend a small amount of time increasing my ability to defend myself with a lightsaber.

Action 2: Go down to the Sith Archives to study about Sith history. I read in particular the ancient texts of Darth Bane.
You don't have to be very elaborate in your orders for the afternoon, a line or two is plenty. Actually, descriptive and lengthy orders during this phase serve no purpose except irritating the GM, which is never a good thing.

Night
Spoiler :
During the night, you can give any of the following orders:

Spoiler :
  • Sleep
  • Attack (insert player)
  • Go to the archives to study
  • Meditate
  • Protect (insert player)
So what do each of these actions do?

Spoiler :
Sleep: Obviously, if you choose Sleep during the night, then your player will sleep the entire night. This is by far the most effective way to keep fatigue levels low. Sleep typically will reduce fatigue by a pretty significant amount. However, when asleep, you are extremely vulnerable to attacks and you will be at the complete mercy of whoever is attacking you.

Attack: If you choose Attack, then you will attack the player that you specify. I know, not what you were expecting. You can choose to do a hit and run on your victim, or participate in a long battle, or whatever your mind thinks up. Different methods of attack will affect you differently. Since this action requires you to leave your room, there is a chance that you will get caught sneaking out of bed by one of the instructors. The chances of getting caught depend on you Stealth level. And since you aren't sleeping or meditating, you will grow fatigued.

Study in the Archives: If you choose to Study in the Archives, then your results will be very similar to studying in the afternoon. You will grow fatigued, and there is also a chance of getting caught on your way down to the archives.

Meditate: If you choose to meditate, the results will be similar to sleeping. Your fatigue will go down, but not nearly as much as it would if you slept. However, you will still be on your guard for intruders, so you will not be caught off your guard by attackers.

Protect: This will protect the player you specify from any attacks. If they are attacked, then you will fight by their side, and the attacker will have to face two opponents, which makes it much more difficult for them to kill you. Keep in mind that one of you still may die, and that if you are caught going to the player’s [whom you are protecting] room, then you may get caught (depends on your stealth rating). Also remember that the last man standing wins, so it may not be very wise to give up a night of rest to protect a fellow competitor from an attack.

An example of what to send me during the Night phase:

Spoiler :
Attack Zack: Hunt down Zack and engage in a hit and run on him. Avoid a lengthy battle at all costs.

Public posting during the night phase is strictly prohibited.

Challenges

Spoiler :
Any player may issue a challenge by publicly posting posting so in the thread. The challenged player can choose to either decline or accept. If they accept the challenge, then the two players will engage each other in a fierce battle. If they decline the challenge, then the two players will not go to battle. If you want to challenge someone, keep in mind that challenges are first come, first serve. Please use the following format to challenge someone:

Spoiler :
Challenge: (insert player name)

And the following to accept or decline a challenge:

Spoiler :
(insert challenger's name)'s Challenge: (Accepted/Declined)

If all this is confusing you, then I'll give you an example.

Spoiler :
Bob wants to challenge Sally, Fred wants to challenge Joe, and Greg wants to challenge Tom. The following would be what would happen in a perfect world:

By doing this, Bob has challenged Sally to combat.

Fred has just challenged Joe, but because Bob posted his challenge before Fred, if Sally accepts Bob's challenge then Fred's challenge is nullified.

Sally has just declined Bob's challenge, so the torch is passed on to Fred and Joe.

Greg has challenged Tom. Because Fred posted his challenge before Greg, if Joe accepts Fred's challenge then Greg's challenge is nullified.

Joe has declined Fred's challenge, so now it goes to Greg and Tom.

Tom accepted Greg's challenge, so I will post that challenging is closed and that Greg and Tom will engage each other in combat. Then I'll write the update and post it as soon as it is done, after which we will move on to the afternoon.

Injuries

Spoiler :
If, for whatever reason, a player gets injured, they will have to spend time in the bacta tanks recovering from their wounds. How long you spend in the bacta tanks recovering depends on the severity of your injuries. An example of what it would look like if someone was injured (this would be posted publicly during the update):

Spoiler :
Due to his severe injuries, Zack has been placed in the bacta tanks. He will be unable to participate in the next 2 phases, and consequently the instructors are taking note of his lack of participation in the coming events.

For the sake of player interest, injuries will NEVER take longer than 3 phases to heal, and even that will be rare. You cannot interact with injured players, and if you try to attack one you'll look like an idiot hopelessly slashing at the bacta tank with your lightsaber. And you will fail.

Prestige

Spoiler :
Prestige is essentially how well you are in the eyes of the instructors. Prestige dictates your position on the scoreboard and how well you are doing in the game. The higher your prestige, the better you are doing. The lower your prestige, the worse you are doing.

Everybody's prestige starts out at 5. There are many ways to increase or decrease your prestige, including, but not limited to (positive changes to prestige are in green, negative in red):

Spoiler :
  • Progressing in your studies and training
  • Winning a duel
  • Successfully giving a challenge
  • Being active and participating in the thread and the game
  • Creating your own character and being thorough and creative
  • Losing a duel
  • Declining a challenge
  • Giving in to fatigue
  • Missing studying and training time
  • Being inactive in the thread and in the game
  • Breaking the rules - this includes posting during the night phase. The first time you post during night, you will receive a warning. The second time you will suffer a loss of prestige. Read the rules next time, chump.
  • Getting caught out of your room at night
None of these give you a predetermined loss or gain in prestige - rather, how much prestige you lose or gain is determined by several variables, such as how powerful your opponent is or how far you have progressed, etc.
An example of a PM telling you how your Prestige has been affected by some occurrence:

Spoiler :
Prestige: - 1

You have been inactive in the game, thread, and Academy. As such, the instructors have been taking notice, and now you are suffering the consequences.

If your prestige reaches 0, then you will be kicked out of the Academy.

Fatigue

Spoiler :
Each player starts with a fatigue of 0. Depending on what actions you take during the various phases, you fatigue may go up or down by varying amounts. If your Fatigue level reaches 10, there will be severe punishments, including:

Spoiler :
  • Sleeping the whole night, morning, and afternoon phases - this will render you unable to participate in any of those phases and will leave you vulnerable to attack.
  • Losing prestige
  • Automatically declining any challenges and suffering the consequences
An example of a PM telling you how your Fatigue has been affected by some occurrence:

Spoiler :
Fatigue: - 2

You enjoyed long hours of sleep last night, and so you are now reaping the benefits of a rejuvenated body.
You want your fatigue to be as low as possible.

Victory

Spoiler :
The last man/woman/hermaphrodite standing earns the title "Darth (insert player name)" and will be the Dark Lord of the Sith. The runners up will be determined by several factors, including:

Spoiler :
  • Prestige at time of death
  • When they died
  • How powerful they were when they died
Players who were kicked out of the academy are automatically in last place.

There will be a scoreboard to determine how players currently stack up against each other. The scoreboard will be maintained in order of prestige, although the actual prestige will not be made public. The player with the highest prestige will be at the top, all the way down to the bottom, where the player with the lowest prestige will be. Be wary, for the scoreboard may be deceiving. There could be an extremely powerful or dangerous player low in the rankings. You have been warned. Players on the scoreboard will appear with both their name and their role. An example of what the scoreboard could look like:

Spoiler :
The Scoreboard

Bob (SpongeBob)
Jimmy (Patrick)
Phil (Squidward)

Joe (Mr. Krabs)
Tom (Mrs. Puff)

And so on.

Players will be removed from the scoreboard once they have died or they have been kicked out of the academy.

Character Cards

Spoiler :
This is like your Role PM in Night of the Werewolf or Mafia games. It contains all information about your player. These will be updated after each night phase and sent out to every living player.

This is what it will look like:

Spoiler :
Character Name: Your name.

Character Picture: A picture of you.​

Species: Indicates your species. There is a list of species to choose from, each with it's own advantage.

Spoiler :
Species List

Human +1 to Lightsaber Training
Twi'Lek +1 to Stealth
Rodian + 2 to Lightsaber Combat
Zabrak +1 to Vengeance
Miraluka +.5 to Force Training
Mon Calamari +.5 to Non-Combat Stat Training
Kel Dor +2 to Force Defense

Lightsaber Type: Which type of lightsaber you use. Can be either:
Spoiler :
+1 Lightsaber Defense, -1 Lightsaber Attack.
Each type has its weaknesses and advantages, so choose wisely.

Lightsaber Form: Which of the Seven Forms of lightsaber combat you employ. Each has it's own advantage so choose wisely.

Spoiler :

Form I Shii-Cho +2 Stamina

Form II Makashi +2 Lightsaber Attack +2 Lightsaber Defense

Form III Soresu +4 Lightsaber Defense

Form IV Ataru +4 Force Defense

Form V Shien/ Djem So +2 Lightsaber Defense +2 Force Defense

Form VI Niman +1 for all combat stats.

Form VII Juyo/Vaapad +4 Lightsaber attack

For information on the seven forms follow this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_Combat

Lightsaber Attack: Your ability to attack using a lightsaber.
Lightsaber Defense: Your ability to defend yourself with a lightsaber.
Force Defense: Your ability to defend yourself from Force attacks.
Force Lightning: Your ability to use Force Lightning.
Force Choke: Your ability to use Force Choke.
Force Push/Grip: Your ability to use Force Push/Grip.
Stealth: How stealthy you are. This determines your success at sneaking out of your bedroom at night and not being caught. Higher the better.
Stamina: How long you can fight before you start to become weary. If you have low stamina, you will perform poorly if the battle isn't quick.
Learning: How quickly you learn and train.
Vengeance: Determines whether you kill a defeated opponent or not. Higher means there is a greater chance of you slaughtering a defeated opponent.
Prestige: Your current prestige.
Fatigue: Your current fatigue.
Ability: A special ability that is unique to your player. Essentially the same thing as an ability in a NOTW/Mafia game. You may pick an ability from the following:
Spoiler :
  • Scan - You can "scan" a player to find out one of their attributes. If you pick the "scan" option for your ability, then I will randomly assign you an ability to target a player and find out one of the attributes listed above about them. For example, your player might gain the ability to target a player and learn that player's Fatigue.
  • Knowledge -You will randomly gain an ability that will allow you access to information that would not be privy to other players. For example, you may get an ability that allows you to see the chances of you surviving a battle with a specific player.
  • Training -One of these abilities will let you train faster in some areas.
Weakness: Your weakness. Everybody has a weakness of some kind.

Character Background: Story of your life.

You will get 25 Points to spend on your stats as you like. All combat stats are have a range of 0-25, stealth and vengeance are 0-10, and learning is 0-5.

Updates

Spoiler :
Here I will describe how the updates for each phase will be written:

Morning:

Spoiler :
This update will be written as soon as a challenge has been accepted. The names and roles of both players will be made public, just as they are on the scoreboard. The update will be written using their roles, not their actual usernames. An example of what a morning update could look like (using the example from the Challenge section):

Spoiler :
Morning 1

Challenge

Greg (Zack) vs. Tom (z4ckdabeast)

Greg and Tom stared each other down in the center of the dueling circle. As they circled around, twirling their lightsabers in elaborate patterns, Tom suddenly struck forward and started a vicious lightsaber attack on Greg's flimsy defenses. Greg was caught completely off guard by Tom's ferocity. Desperately Greg lashed out with the Force, and Tom flew through the air and his body smashed against the wall, and his limp body slumped over. Greg sprinted over and unleashed a torrent of Force Lightning on Tom, before inflicting a small lightsaber wound in Tom's stomach. However, Greg couldn't bring himself to finish the job, and he simply walked away.

Due to his injuries, Tom has been placed in the bacta tanks. He will be unable to participate in the next phase, and consequently the instructors are taking note of his lack of participation in the coming events.

It is now AFTERNOON 1. NIGHT comes in 48 hours.

Afternoon:

Spoiler :
The Afternoon update will be pretty boring. Basically will just say that the afternoon is over. Afternoon is ALWAYS 48 hours, no matter whether or not you have gotten your orders in. Example:

Spoiler :
Afternoon 1

After a hard afternoon's work of intense physical and mental training, the Acolytes all call it a night and head up to bed.

It is now NIGHT 1. MORNING comes in 48 hours.

Night:

Spoiler :
The Night update will be the biggest one, and I will use the role names (not the actual CFC usernames) for players involved in it. Here is an example:

Spoiler :
Night 1

Joe stalked out of his room, looking to inflict harm on Tim. However, before he got too far, he was caught by an instructor and sent back up to bed.

Phil creeped out of his room down to the Sith Archives. Amazed that he got there without being caught, he quickly started digesting raw information at a breackneck speed. After a few hours, he decided to go back up to bed. But on his way up, he was caught by an instructor and chastised for sneaking out at night.

Tom, Sally, and Ted all slept soundly during the night.

Bob, Joe, and Greg all stayed in their rooms and meditated throughout the night hours.

It is now MORNING 2. AFTERNOON comes whenever a challenge has been accepted.

Everyone will be included in the night update. This isn't a game with bad guys and good guys, so it doesn't matter if players know what you're doing. Unless you're Joe, then Tim will probably start plotting his revenge on you.

This is the much anticipated unofficial sequel to Zack's Sith Academy game. Credit to him is due for the ruleset and allowing me to host this game. I'm looking for around 30 Sign-Ups and I hope to start at the beginning of February.

Sign-Ups (8)

Zack
Domination3000
DaveShack
bestrfcplayer
electric926
Verarde
Sonereal
Rhawn

Spoiler :
When you sign up, tell me which character you would like to be. This is the part where you can really show off your creative abilities. In the public sign-up thread, instead of an "in" (although feel free to do so), post your character. Your post in the thread should include:

Spoiler :
If you choose not to do this I will give you a bland, dull, generic role. Here's an example of what you could post as your sign-up:

Spoiler :
Steve "Zack-Eyes" Jobs

From the United States of America, Steve has his Zack-Eyes on the prize. Steve has been the mastermind behind the economic powerhouse Apple, and he hopes to train in the Sith ways in order to make his company even more wealthy, successful, and prosperous.

Feel free to be more elaborate than I was in the example. Actually, please be more elaborate than I was in the example. Entertain me. :)

Now, to fill out the rest of your character card, PM me what you want your stats to start out at. I am giving each of you 25 "points" to spend on each value (to start off). If you don't PM me your stats before the game starts, then I will randomly assign your points (and you will only get 20 points to start out with - read the rules next time). So please, send me a message containing the following information (use this format; Bold is what you put there):

Spoiler :
[CENTER][B]Character name[/B]

[IMG]Image URL of the picture of your character[/IMG][/CENTER]

[b]Species:[/b] Human, Zabrak, Cerean, Twi'lek, or Rodian.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female.
[B]Lightsaber Type:[/B] Single Blade, Two Blades, or Double Blade
[B]Lightsaber Attack:[/B] Number.
[B]Lightsaber Defense:[/B] Number.
[B]Force Defense:[/B] Number.[/plain]
Force Lightning: [/plain]Number.
[B]Force Choke:[/B] Number.
[B]Force Push/Grip:[/B] Number.
[B]Stealth:[/B] Number.
[B]Stamina:[/B] Number.
[B]Learning:[/B] Number.
[B]Vengeance:[/B] Number.
[B]Ability:[/B] Your player's ability.
[B]Weakness:[/B] A weakness that your player has.

Character Background

If you pick a lame weakness, I will give you a real one. An example of what to send me via PM:

Spoiler :
Steve "Zack-Eyes" Jobs

Species: Human
Lightsaber Type: Single Blade
Lightsaber Attack: 1
Lightsaber Defense: 1
Force Defense: 1
Force Lightning: 2
Force Choke: 2
Force Push/Grip: 1
Stealth: 1
Stamina: 2
Learning: 2
Vengeance: 2
Ability: Knowledge
Weakness: I cannot decline challenges.

From the United States of America, Steve has his Zack-Eyes set on the prize. Steve has been the mastermind behind the economic powerhouse Apple, and he hopes to train in the Sith ways in order to make his company even more wealthy, successful, and prosperous. He is determined to become Darth Steve, the Dark Lord of the Sith.

And in bbcode:

Spoiler :
[CENTER][B]Steve "Zack-Eyes" Jobs[/B]

[IMG]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8129/stevejobs.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[b]Species:[/b] Human
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[B]Lightsaber Type:[/B] Single Blade
[B]Lightsaber Attack:[/B] 1
[B]Lightsaber Defense:[/B] 1
[B]Force Defense:[/B] 1
[B]Force Lightning:[/B] 2
[B]Force Choke:[/B] 2
[B]Force Push/Grip:[/B] 1
[B]Stealth:[/B] 1
[B]Stamina:[/B] 2
[B]Learning:[/B] 2
[B]Vengeance:[/B] 2
[B]Ability:[/B] Knowledge
[B]Weakness:[/B] I cannot decline challenges.

From the United States of America, Steve has his Zack-Eyes set on the prize. Steve has been the mastermind behind the economic powerhouse Apple, and he hopes to train in the Sith ways in order to make his company even more wealthy, successful, and prosperous. He is determined to become Darth Steve, the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Since sign ups will be open for so long, feel free to read the rules in pieces, or even better – read them multiple times! Just make sure you read them from start to finish at least once. :)

The rules say each lightsaber type has it's strength and weaknesses, but don't specify as to what those would be *cough* :)

That wasn't already in there? :blush: It's the same as the first i'll edit it in later.

Well, you could make a suggestion for one and a possible bonus for it and I might add it to the list.

Being the Star Wars nerd that I am, I must join this game.

In and all that jazz.

Top Bottom