Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

I think the eras should be:

The First War (first invasion of the Horde through the Dark Portal)
The Second War (when the Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes team up with the Humans and the Trolls, Ogres and Goblins team up with the Orcs)
The Third War (coming of the Burning Legion and the Undead Scourge)
The Present (World of Warcraft-time)
It might be easier to make a good mod with this in mind and simply make an 'Alliance' and 'Horde' faction without all the trouble.

King Terenas II, Supreme Commander Anduin Lothar and King Varian Wrynn for leaders of the Alliance.
Warchief Blackhand, Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer and Warchief Thrall for the Horde.

But let's see.

now i'm only skinning my dear magma, after we'll think about the scenarios', but every idea is good, by the way we have to found a modding team in the ffh forum

Sure thing, sure thing - Just bringing ideas and my opinion. As the languages I find it better that we keep to those that they actually have. Humans in Warcraft all speak 'common', which we could roughly make English. There is also a good deal of phrases we can make use of from the lore - example with the orcs:

'Throm-ka' it roughly means 'greetings'.
'Lok'tar' roughly means 'victory', in addition it is a greeting in battle.
'Lok'tar ogar' means 'victory or death' - it is a battle shout.
'Gol'kosh!' means 'by my axe'.
'Dabu' means 'I obey'.
'Zug-zug' means 'okay'.
etc.

So we might not even have to make use of foreign languages. Just wanted to give an example.

It might be easier to make a good mod with this in mind and simply make an 'Alliance' and 'Horde' faction without all the trouble.

King Terenas II, Supreme Commander Anduin Lothar and King Varian Wrynn for leaders of the Alliance.
Warchief Blackhand, Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer and Warchief Thrall for the Horde.

But let's see.

I was just proposing the eras - I think the civs should be the nations, clans and tribes themselves, not the factions: Stromgarde, Lordaeron, Blackrock Clan, Quel'thalas, etc.

can you suggest me the ironforge unit set? i was thinking of putting the mortar and tank instead of catapult and cannon

in your opinion how many cavalry unit there should be? i thought horseman,horse archer, light cavalry and knight but i think they are too much

I was just proposing the eras - I think the civs should be the nations, clans and tribes themselves, not the factions: Stromgarde, Lordaeron, Blackrock Clan, Quel'thalas, etc.

I am just proposing eventual solutions ;)

@ Americo

For Ironforge I would suggest 'Mountaineer' as their 'archer' and 'rifleman'. A defensive unit. Mountain Guard for a footman unit. Ram Rider for a 'cavalry' unit. Mortar team for 'catapult'. Steam Tank for a 'cannon'. 'Gryphon Rider' for an air unit. It is good to remember that the dwarves are in fact quite a long way with military technology and their weapon masters even train the human kings.

As for cavalry in the human states I would suggest simply having: Knight and Paladin. Paladin being a sort of UU. Wolf Rider for orcs, Ram Rider for Dwarves, etc.

Edit; May have a horseman unit to pre-date the knight and paladin. Wolf Rider can then be upgraded to Raider for example.

i've put horseman and then knight, paladin is a religion unit, as the shaman druid etc.

you very precious magma

Crossbows should be reserved for humans and Forsaken. Orcs use bows, so do elves. Dwarves use rifles - as does humans (In fact humans use bows, crossbows and rifles - they are a very versatile race).

The BE's look good. You may wish to know their racial mount which is a 'Strider', a giant bird of sorts.

here are the troll, no matter which tribe
1 night elf slave 2 scout 3 worker 4 wind serpent 5 footman 6 arquebus 7 skirimisher 8 cannon 9 garona halforcen (rogue) 10 bat rider 11 settler 12 warrior 13 caravel 14 galley 15 galleon 16 frigate 17 manowar 18 trireme 19 horseman 20 spearman 21 supplies 22 knight 23 axeman 24 pikeman 25 hunter 26 roof stalker

magma, what unit set do you advice for forsaken, burning legion, scourge and nerubian?

thank you

Just a few points here:

1) Trolls are a very tribal race. They do not use cannons or muskets.
2) Garona is a half-orc and half-draenei. Really misplaced among the trolls.
3) You may wish to consider some other names for the units: Headhunter, Shadowhunter, Witchdoctor, Berserker, etc.

Else looking good. ^^

a lot of people in wow have musket, do you think they can have gunpowder?
garona is a generic rogue unit for alliance
it's better not changing the name of the unit's, the mod will be heavier, the berserker and witch doctor are religious unit

Top Bottom