Starting positions on world map?

Robin_Cox

Chieftain
I played as the Indians on the world map yesterday only to find that i started in Siberia, what is up with that? What was even stranger is that I found the Germans in Thailand. It is no fun at all playing a world map this way!

How can I get the right starting positions on the worldmap in Civ 5?

I think you need to mod it. I find it tons of fun... Having a fixed start location would be a little... imbalanced.
Imagine England, France, Germany, Rome and Greece all in that one small part of the world... then needing to share it with City States. China having a ton of space to start and no one in South America, Japan starting on an Island with an impassible mountain in the middle...

I think I saw a mod for that in the mod browser the other day. Didn't test it though since I like the random starts.

I think you need to mod it. I find it tons of fun... Having a fixed start location would be a little... imbalanced.
Imagine England, France, Germany, Rome and Greece all in that one small part of the world... then needing to share it with City States. China having a ton of space to start and no one in South America, Japan starting on an Island with an impassible mountain in the middle...

Hmmm... you've got a piont there :)

Yes you can download a mod that has fixed start locations. I downloaded it this weekend. I think it's Dale's earth or soemthing like that. If you order by date (default) its the fourth, or at least yesterday it was.

Top Bottom