Steam not downloading mods.

JimBobV

Warlord
So I wanted to download the Oman civ from the steam workshop because it looked somewhat fun, but steam wont download it. I've tried Rebooting steam, rebooting civ, but nothing seems to work. Is there a reason for this? I have the BNW Expansion and all dlc except for ancient wonders, korea, G&Ks, and scrambled nations map pack, if that makes any difference.

Sometimes for me at least the workshop refuses to work. I'd just wait a few minutes and try again. Or download it from somewhere else if there is a link, say to here on civfanatics, and install it in the mod directory. Also subscribing to too many mods at the same time in my case can make the workshop refuse to work as well.

Still not working, and I have windows 8 so I'm having trouble finding my mod directory. I saw somewhere that uninstalling and re installing helps?

Is this your first download from the workshop?

Ran into this problem too with new PC. Try launching Civ then clicking Mods at Main Menu. Then wait on that screen for several minutes. What I found was that mods weren't starting downloading from Steam initially until I'd launched Civ. You'll see the Mods transferring on the Mod screen.

Is this your first download from the workshop?

Ran into this problem too with new PC. Try launching Civ then clicking Mods at Main Menu. Then wait on that screen for several minutes. What I found was that mods weren't starting downloading from Steam initially until I'd launched Civ. You'll see the Mods transferring on the Mod screen.

No, this certainly isn't the first time I've installed a mod from the workshop. I know how it works, but whatever I do I cant get it to show up on the mods page.

Steam was downloading mods well for me. I simply clicked get mods and got sent to mod subscription model.

Top Bottom