steam pre purchase

Zalcron

Prince
sorry to post this here. has anyone pre ordered g and k on steam? i have but it not giving me the ootion to download it. is this normal? until it is realesed in europe friday?

I had pre-ordered it and it was downloaded automatically as soon as it became playable for me (on the 19th). There was no option to download it earlier.

Yes, it is. Gods and Kings does also not have a pre-load option, since there is nothing you actually need to unlock. We will just have to wait... :(

seems stupid. why not dwnload first and unlock later like empire total war.

I didn't preorder on Steam, but it installed without really noticing me about it. Never saw that it installed. Best way to find out if it is installed is to start the game and see for yourself.

I actually have European version of CiV and I purchased G&K from Green Man Gaming two days ago. I entered the code to steam and it immediately began downloading the expansion. Steam still says the game will not unlock until 22th this month but I have been playing it for 2 days. Lucky me :)

sorry to post this here. has anyone pre ordered g and k on steam? i have but it not giving me the ootion to download it. is this normal? until it is realesed in europe friday?

It count as DLC, so you can't see it on the library ;)

i purchased it last night on steam but steam is not downloading this or anything.

i purchased it last night on steam but steam is not downloading this or anything.

Yeah, well, as others already said, there's no preload option, and since it releases on Friday, it's not gonna download anything until then...

Me to my friend. I purchased g&k yesterday on steam. But steam isn't downloading the game.

It'll start downloading when you launch Civ V (assuming G&K is released in whatever country you live in).

Will have to wait for download too.. It is too much wait...after so much waiting already done.. :mad:

So, did the download/update start automatically before or after the release date?

I mean, when the release date comes, will we be able to play immediately or we have to wait for it to download?

It dosnt say anything. It dosnt show up in your games library. Steam is doing its thing in the background, since its an expansion and not a game, and when its released, you can play it.

It'll start downloading when you launch Civ V (assuming G&K is released in whatever country you live in).

Thanks! I launched Civ V and steam's pop up downloaded something and game is opened. But Gods & Kings is not in DLC list. I'm living in Istanbul and Steam says "This game will unlock in approximately 9 hours"

Thanks again. :)

Assuming you have your computer on and Steam running that is :)

Thanks for the reply, I'll leave my PC on with Steam running so it's ready for me to play when I get back from work :D

G+K was patched into the game for everyone earlier this week, even those who haven't purchased it. It just "unlocks" one you pay for it and it's after the release date. You should be able to play it immediately once it becomes available in your region.

Top Bottom