SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Where are these screenshots? Could someone please provide me with a link for it...?

I believe that its on one of BNW teaser gameplay. It is shown when the player open the Scenarios and load American Civil War.

Lagging? It don't lag on my crappy laptop.

So, y'all think the Bison DLC will include "Deluxe" scenarios?

Boudicca
Is stealing
Shaka's Loincloth
OH
NO!

In all seriousness, this intrigues me. I'd love to see new resources and possibly new luxuries not tied to one civilization. And a lot of suggested luxuries seem to be plantation luxes... Tea, Coffee, Chocolate...

I'd also love to see Sumerians... but aren't they kinda tied to Babylon? They seem quite sciency

Boudicca
Is stealing
Shaka's Loincloth
OH
NO!

In all seriousness, this intrigues me. I'd love to see new resources and possibly new luxuries not tied to one civilization. And a lot of suggested luxuries seem to be plantation luxes... Tea, Coffee, Chocolate...

I'd also love to see Sumerians... but aren't they kinda tied to Babylon? They seem quite sciency

I'm not convinced they'd bother with a codename merely for a civ DLC - this might be something more substantial.

Sumerians aren't any more closely-related to Babylon than Assyria is - they're simply in a similar geographical area. Neither Babylon nor Assyria makes very much sense as a science civ. Babylon should be a cultural civ - its lasting impacts were developing standardised time and early legal codes. If the Hanging Gardens were indeed Babylonian, Babylon may have had metal casting techniques unprecedented in the ancient world - the irrigation system was supposedly based on giant bronze water-carriers - but otherwise they weren't especially notable for scientific innovation.

As for Sumer, I'd hope that if they add them they do something unique and creative with them. Sumer's distinguishing characteristic is in being traditionally regarded as the first culture to build cities - a "First Cities" UA that somehow lets them establish smaller settlements that grow into cities (think something that starts much like a Civ IV cottage) would reflect this.

So I just looked a bit deeper. Of the three sub-packages that were added withing the last 24 hours, all of them, in their history tab, have every single Civ 5 DLC/Expansion added to the package. I think, and this does seem somewhat more logical than the other suggestions, that this is the Civ 5 platinum, or diamond, or whatever edition. A one-stop package for every piece of the Civ 5 puzzle.

No idea why it's called Bison, though.

While I do think a "Platinum" bundle is coming, I think it's highly unlikely that it is Bison. Civ 5 "Gold" doesn't have a depot, when you buy it you just get keys to all the component DLC/expansions. There's no reason to think a platinum bundle would work any differently. Besides, a Platinum bundle wouldn't require more test builds, etc, it's just sticking everything that currently exists together into one box.

Unfortunately, we still don't know anything more than "they're working on DLC." Whether it will be a full expansion, a spin-off game, a small civ DLC, or another map pack is anyone's guess.

I was hoping it would be out for Christmas, but that seems pretty unlikely now. Maybe January??

Pretty sure it should come before Canada as far as historical relevance goes. But we already got Poland, so I'd say Lithuania is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

As a Canadian I completely agree with the idea that Lithuania would be deserving of inclusion in Civilization before Canada. Something reflecting their history of paganism, or their fight against the Teutonic order could make them an interesting civ to play. Everytime somebody brings up ideas for Canada as a civ it's always something hokey like having Mounties or the Avro Arrow as a unique unit, or hockey rinks as a unique building, with a unique ability that has something to do with tundras. It's all so cliche, and if those are the best ideas for Canada as a civ then I don't think it deserves inclusion, unless you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for potential civs.

As a Canadian I completely agree with the idea that Lithuania would be deserving of inclusion in Civilization before Canada.

I'm also Canadian, and I would prefer Inuit and/or Haida before Canada or more European inclusions.

I'm also Canadian, and I would prefer Canada. A Balkans Civ would also be interesting to see.

Personally I'm hoping that this is the Deluxe scenario, as the conquest was one of my favorite scenarios. It would be great to see ITR updated (Poland and Venice are a must, Portugal since Spain is in), and even see Hittites and Sumer released as full civs, but this is all wishful thinking, probably just a map pack shaped like a bison (or M.Bison) with randomized interior.

Personally I'm hoping that this is the Deluxe scenario, as the conquest was one of my favorite scenarios. It would be great to see ITR updated (Poland and Venice are a must, Portugal since Spain is in), and even see Hittites and Sumer released as full civs, but this is all wishful thinking, probably just a map pack shaped like a bison (or M.Bison) with randomized interior.

Out of all the possible things, I'm so with you

I want to see : Conquest of the World updated (Trade Routes, Religions are two mechancs that would change the game)

Into the Renaissance : With Apostolic Palace/Holy Roman Empire Leader vote using World Congress, plus Poland, Portugal and Venice added in

And Hitties and Sumer are two civilizations that haven't been seen yet as a full fledged city despite having representations in both Civ 3 and 4 (except Hitties in Civ 4).

But the thing is Firaxis does listen, so hopefully they come across this thread.

If they do update Into The Renaissance, then I sincerely hope they do it with pre-placed cities. Why am I just now settling Paris in the beginning of the Renaissance?! It seriously broke the immersion for me, and if not for immersion, what are historical scenarios for?

But as to new systems, I do also hope that Into The Renaissance and Conquest of the New World are updated to have BNW and GnK/BNW systems, respectively.

I would like to see them updated as a deluxe scenario. Since they wouldn't create a game for which they couldn't charge money from those who have already paid for the scenarios, they would have to add one Civ for each scenario. I doubt they would have the boldness to anger people who've paid for a scenario just to get a "fix" for that scenario. In case they would fix them and adding a Civ for each scenario I would guess they would add the Sumer, Sioux and some other civs.

Does all of this sound plausible to you?

Who will break off from the Huns or Shoshone?
Poland and Iroquois????
You sound so skeptic... Why not? :) The Americans broke off from the English. Why couldn't the Polish have done the same? It's just because you've read up on real history that you find it a bit odd, but if you really get into the game you wouldn't consider it strange. What's strange on the other hand is having the Americas in the ancient era ;)

As for Sumer, I'd hope that if they add them they do something unique and creative with them. Sumer's distinguishing characteristic is in being traditionally regarded as the first culture to build cities - a "First Cities" UA that somehow lets them establish smaller settlements that grow into cities (think something that starts much like a Civ IV cottage) would reflect this.
I would like that idea. However, I wouldn't consider that a rather good unique ability in itself. Would also fit nicely with my colonies suggestion :) The Sumer could be able to create villages in the stone age working like colonies but having other benefits aswell...

Top Bottom