SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

I just double-checked, actually, and the tech names mostly wouldn't fit well - Piracy, Advanced Piracy, Line-of-Battle... Treasure Fleets is specific to scenario mechanics and shares the name of a social policy. Warships does what Magnetism already does. etc. etc.

The buildings would all be welcome - the Chocolate House would probably be a bit too powerful in the main game, but the Meeting House is a very interesting idea and it's easy to patch in a new religious belief to accommodate it. The Gunsmith is a better fit for the main game than it is for the scenario, where it only affects a couple of units (don't think it affects cannon).

Navigation School only makes sense with scurvy, but then I'm open to adding the Scurvy mechanic to the main game (though with reduced chance to cause attrition - most maps are larger than the CotNW one, and it would be excessively punishing to have a 65% chance of damage per turn in that context), probably modified so that it's a building rather than a national wonder (you don't want to be forced to build all ships in one city in the main game), and the requirement should be a city with citrus rather than that all cities have a university.
I basically just meant techs that had new techs in them.

Don't know the Chocolate House as I haven't played the scenario to the end, but just like the tipis they all need to be less effective in the main game. Just happy if it could be modded into the game, as I now have no hopes of the items being transferred to the main game.

Doubt scurvy will be transferred as it would required more development skills than I guess modders have - but I hope I'm wrong :) Again, doubt Firaxis will make the transfer.

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk

Adding Scurvy to the main game shouldn't be overly difficult, since I imagine that the xml support is in the game now, and was previously as well, since Scurvy was already in the scenario before the deluxe edition.

Yes, wasn't it? So I guess I imagined scurvy isn't easy to transfer because it hasn't been transferred before AFAIK. Unless you mean that because of the XML-support, it's made easier this time around.

I don't think anybody would want to have scurvy in the game mostly because it's a 1/10 hp penalty per turn which would make navy horribly ... hmm worthless.

I wouldn't mind scurvy replacing the astronomy requirement to enter ocean

Adding Scurvy to the main game shouldn't be overly difficult, since I imagine that the xml support is in the game now, and was previously as well, since Scurvy was already in the scenario before the deluxe edition.

Scurvy is handled through lua, not xml. It still wouldn't be overly difficult to port it over.

I wouldn't mind scurvy replacing the astronomy requirement to enter ocean

It would be nice to be able to make the decision to cross a small amount of ocean with a Trireme, at the cost of the ship's health, in order to explore.

Hey guys, finishing a balance mod and I've just added the Bison and Chocolate resources from this scenario. My question: does Shoshone need to build Tipis instead of Comanche riders, or would that make Shoshone OP?

Hey guys, finishing a balance mod and I've just added the Bison and Chocolate resources from this scenario. My question: does Shoshone need to build Tipis instead of Comanche riders, or would that make Shoshone OP?

They're already OP with the below-average Riders, so yes, I would say that would make them excessively OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the Tipis as a part of a Sioux civ. The Shoshone are fine the way they are.

It would be nice to be able to make the decision to cross a small amount of ocean with a Trireme, at the cost of the ship's health, in order to explore.
Can't remember if it was Civ1, but I believe these was a risk it would sink unless it ended it's turn next to a shoreline. Think that would be more realistic than health loss. Either you hit a storm and loose everything or you're lucky and survive everything.

Scurvy is, however, something very different and should be represented by a health loss. For instance it should not start before turn 3 away from the coast. It could also be a battle disadvantage - say 10% less fighting strength per turn until you reach the coast. After all, it isn't the ships that are taking a hit from scurvy.

I basically just meant techs that had new techs in them.

If I'm understanding what you mean correctly, there aren't any. There are no new units in the scenario, except treasure units which are already available at the start, so all the techs just move units/buildings from elsewhere in the game to the scenario tech tree.

When Firaxis referred to an "expanded" tech tree, they were comparing with the original scenario, not the main game - the Deluxe tech tree is expanded relative to Conquest, it doesn't add anything that's not in the main game except a couple of buildings that are attached to existing tech.

Don't know the Chocolate House as I haven't played the scenario to the end

+1 gold per plantation the city works, increased to +3 gold for each cocoa plantation.

, but just like the tipis they all need to be less effective in the main game.

The rest are fine for the main game as they are, I'd say.

I don't think anybody would want to have scurvy in the game mostly because it's a 1/10 hp penalty per turn which would make navy horribly ... hmm worthless.

In the scenario it's a 65% chance of a 10 hp hit each turn, it's not an automatic effect. If it were in the main game this chance would need to be reduced. It would only really affect caravels and frigates/privateers, and then be nullified by navigation schools.

Can't remember if it was Civ1, but I believe these was a risk it would sink unless it ended it's turn next to a shoreline. Think that would be more realistic than health loss. Either you hit a storm and loose everything or you're lucky and survive everything.

Civs I and II certainly did it, I think Civ III may have done. As you say, scurvy isn't appropriate for ancient vessels since it was a consequence of long ocean voyages in the particular conditions of Age of Exploration ships.

I'd like to see quite a lot added from the scenario - mainly the treasure system that gives value for razing and targeted wars against specific cities (probably razing cities with Wonders should grant a treasure per Wonder), with each treasure being returned to the capital for a lump sum. This would work very well with the BNW economic system where gold is often limited.

But the new resources obviously fit well into the main game (cocoa does something lacking from other jungle resources), and there's little reason why things like the Meeting House and Gunsmith should be specific to the scenario - both are decent generic buildings and neither adds a huge amount to the scenario itself.

I am enjoying the treasure system from razing...however I think it should be more streamlined. Treasures should use the same system as trade units. Once you start your American massacre tour it becomes a little too tedious and clicky-clicky-clicky. There should just be a "Send to capital" button and the route it is taking should be visible that way you can secure it.

I am enjoying the treasure system from razing...however I think it should be more streamlined. Treasures should use the same system as trade units. Once you start your American massacre tour it becomes a little too tedious and clicky-clicky-clicky. There should just be a "Send to capital" button and the route it is taking should be visible that way you can secure it.

There's no clear fix here. If you were to make it like trade routes, people would complain about not having full control of an important unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 gold per plantation the city works, increased to +3 gold for each cocoa plantation.
I wouldn't say it's too advantageous for the main game then. If so, the modders should lower it to just the +3 gold for cocoa. Also, if possible, only available in the city of there were an improved cocoa plantation just like you can't build the stone works unless you have a quarry or mine on stone. This way it definitely isn't too strong. However, I would say the tipis are too strong for the main game, and even unrealistic as you wouldn't replace them in the modern era. You guys think Indians still would live in tipis if they developed into a technological society by themselves?

In the scenario it's a 65% chance of a 10 hp hit each turn, it's not an automatic effect. If it were in the main game this chance would need to be reduced. It would only really affect caravels and frigates/privateers, and then be nullified by navigation schools.[\QUOTE]
Wasn't scurvy because of a lack of meat and vegetables? Wouldn't it be better if salt (for the meat) was also a strategic resource needed for not triggering a loss due to scurvy?

I was dreaming that 2k announced a spring patch D: (or had the patch notes handy!)

God darn it 2k why u no release patch!

Top Bottom