Steph's Expanded Editor questions

Hi all,

I'm using Steph's Expanded Editor version 0.8.2 and I have some questions regarding it. I tried checking out his website but my question is not asked there.

Basically what does this mean?

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

and....

"************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Objects.City.BuildItem(Scenario scenario)
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Forms.FormCITY.UpdateCities()
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Forms.FormCITY.UpdateForm()
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Forms.MainEditor.UpdateForm()
at Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.Forms.MainEditor.OpenScenario(Boolean Expanded)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steph's%20editor/Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------"

I'm getting this when trying to open my scenario to edit. Any ideas what's causing this? I also seem to have a crash occuring when I try to load my scenario in game.

The answer is you need framework 3.5. This I only know because I cannot use it cause my Windows 2000 is obsolete. If I'm wrong put it down to "I don't know nottin'!"

Well I've got framework and steph's editor opens some scenarios but not the one I'm working on. There has to be something not set right in my scenario preventing the editor from opening it. It is uncompressed so that is not it either.

:lol:

Good question tom2050, actually the answer to that is yes. I find that for getting stuff like #ICON_PRTO and #TECH entries done work is the best place to do it. It's a nice time killer for when I'm waiting for updates from my real work project team members.

I toyed with installing C3C onto my work rig so that I could do biq work but decided that would be too outrageous. That and the fact that any time a program is installed on a work computer our company's IT department tracks it for licensing reasons.

Getting paid to mod... hope your boss isn't viewing this thread!

I caught my boss playing Farmville before. :p

But yeah, I've been getting the same index out of range problem with the editor also for the Playground Mod 2.0. I'm not entirely sure how the file got so screwed up, because if I go into debug mode, there are multiple copies of a lot of units.

Exact same stats and everything, but they are just multiple of them. But it's not broke enough to be unplayable, so I've been using the regular editor.

Thanks for looking into this for me Steph. It seems that maybe there is something wrong with my framework then. I have framework 4.0, I wonder if that is the problem?

I trust you received a nice salary increase... as a means to.. stay quiet? :cool:

Nah, I have a research internship, and there's just those points in time where you are waiting for your script to finish processing that isn't enough time to really do anything. And my boss is one of the project manager peoples. And they're pretty lax about these things. So yeah. :p

Though, I technically did get a salary increase over the summer... But I now got Social Security taxes also, so I make less money than I did during the school year by hour. (more overall because I work nearly full time)

I am no necromancer, but is there any way to launch Steph's Editor on Win 7 or 10? Looks like all those Framework updates totally broke the program.
Or maybe virtual machine XP would work?

What's up, MadGad. I am still using Steph's editor on Windows 10. I run it as Administrator, and under properties run it in compatibility mode for windows 7. I haven't checked Quintillus' editor in a while so I'm not sure if he added features like altering item order and CTRL-select copying and pasting. I'd be incapable of modding without Steph's editor.

Top Bottom