Stop patronizing me, Barre!

Veras

Prince
I love the communique's feature, but I swear to God that I can't stand Barre anymore!

He's the most annoying of all leaders when it comes to insulting you because he sounds like a creepy well-intentioned uncle that treats you like a child all the time.

'Come, saxiib, I'll roll my sleeves and help you work the land'

NO YOU WON'T.

*You declared war on People's African Union*

Bonus points if you're a french leader getting patronized by Barre. :lol:

I could do without reading the same messages 50+ times over the course of a single game to be honest.

I always figured he was being sort of backhanded. Or maybe not-I'm not sure if he'd have it in him.

Really, the thing with Beyond Earth is that nearly all the leaders are almost unnaturally friendly. Which is quite a contrast from other Civ games, where other leaders are comically dickish.

I disagree. Most leaders are very prone to criticize you in a mean way if you're doing bad, they just act in a planetary community sense of 'well I despise you but we have to live together'.

If you're doing good, then yes. Even your enemies at war will be greeting your achievements

The messages are notifications of Respect changes - because that's a mechanic now. They could just put up a bunch of arrows to the left of the screen, but I think it's far more obvious that Barre has no Respect for you right now if he's been texting you patronizing messages over the past 20 turns or so.

It also signifies which Traits they've chosen and how you can work to improve relations. Those aren't always the same. Many Civs routinely pick traits that allow a large military to impress them, but that's not true of every leader or of the same leader every game.

The world is at war. Everyone's at war with everyone.
And then everyone's praising me for my terrain improvements and satellite coverage.
While I take their cities one by one.
Rising Tides indeed...

You could have an army of Marines and several rangers and you manage to shoot down an str 66 battlesuit?

AI pops up and says this is not the end of our resistance~! He/she acted like they're the defender not me. :D

The message system is clearly incomplete when employed in situations like that especially when they're the one dowing on you. Didn't bother to account for who is the declarer and strength of units in question.

Everyone spins every war to be defensive. You know which events I'm referring to.

Hutama is the worst of all, I think. When he loses respect for you, he insults you the way a eleven-year old would.

Even when Hutama respects you, his messages sound like they are from an 11 year old twitter user.

Top Bottom