Strategic resources bias.

Ajuga

Prince
I started a new map with, duel size on continent.
I got rolled as the Arabs and my enemy on the other continent was America.

Now I won the map only because Washington was silly enough not to send his army to my continent. In the end I beat him because of my strong economy but there was something horribly wrong.

On my entire continent there was only one deposit of iron (3) far from my capitol (about 7 blocks away), none of the 4 CS had iron as a resource they could trade with me.
The remaining iron was all on America's continent and he had plenty of iron to spare.
On my entire continent there was no uranium at all. The only two deposits on the entire map (for a total of 8) were right next to the capital of America.
I was playing on standard settings and was on prince difficulty.

I'm not making this thread only to complain, I was actually wondering if somebody knew how the game decides these kind of things.
To me this map was pretty unfair. Why were only those two (important) resources spread out like this? Does it have to do with the civ we ended up with? Just bad luck? Game cheating on me because I beat him in the last match? (Oh dear, robot uprising.)
So there you go, why?

Well... a tiny map is just too small I'd guess. You can end up with no coal/aluminium/uran sometimes too.

And even on larger maps it can happen that some civs sit in the right corner and get spammed with a certain resource - however there are so many CS scattered they usually have access to everything.

Top Bottom