Strategy discussion

I have a question about the spanish uhv.

In order to insure that there are no english, french, or dutch colonies in the americas, do you guys conquer them before they get any colonies or do just go around destroying the colonies they set up?

Sometimes a bit of both. I can't recall ever destroying every other civ competing for colonies before, but I have often taken out at least one of them (usually France).

Setting up a wall of Frigates works OK too for denying colonies to others and is easier to achieve. By that I don't mean a continuous line of Frigates, but more a screen of Frigates spread out to patrol the North Atlantic.

To my mind, it is much more interesting to leave the other european power in Europe, and try to have an absolute naval domination on Sea, as well as a colonial army ready to destroy any rival implantation in the New world..

When playing Japan what sites do you prefer to use to settle in Manchuria? The land looks like pretty much crap to me. I've already colonized northern China (Beijing on the coast, Sanshan 1E of the wheat, Seoul) after barbs razed it to the ground.

I know this forum is more for successful strategy, but I need help here. I'm playing on Monarch level as Germany and it seems like people tech much faster than me and when I want to trade, they won't give it up. Soon my stability waxes and wanes, because I really can't colonize I guess? I need a hand. I can try to send a save to you if you can advise me? Thank you.

In which year do you usually notice the other have teched faster than you? Germany usually doesn't need to colonise ... they have enough land to get an amazing cottage economy running, and if in doubt you can always use your massive production to build science.

A save would always be helpful of course :)

In which year do you usually notice the other have teched faster than you? Germany usually doesn't need to colonise ... they have enough land to get an amazing cottage economy running, and if in doubt you can always use your massive production to build science.

A save would always be helpful of course :)

(for reference by the way, I'm use the RFC Dawn of Civilization Mod)

It seems to happen a century or two before the Renassiance, I'd say the 14th or 15th century? I start in 600 AD obviously, I have huge armies of Knights to defend my borders and I really only got dragged into a ten year war with France, which ended in 50 gold for peace from France. After that, it was quiet.

Maybe I'm not working my land correctly? I'm not sure. How can I get my save to you? It's the mid 1700's now, I have a colony near the East Indies, I'm ready to send another galleon to Africa and I'm prepping to send another to Africa. Of course, in the next turn I'm about to dragged into war with Portugal and Spain by my defensive pacts with Russia and England. Technically it's the English pact that screws me, Spain declares on England and thus Italy and I are dragged into war. Russia and the Netherlands come to my aid by way of Defensive Pact. I'm still at war with Japan and the Mongols. That war though was by mistake, I meant to click no when asked to declare.

My civics are:
Government-Monarchy,
Society-Capitalism (or Aristocracy, I can't remember right now),
Organization-Absolutism,
Economy-Mercantilism,
Religion-Secularism
Expansion-Resettlement

Currently Francfurt (originally Frankfurt before going independent and being seized by France) and Ragusa have flipped to me. I also gained Qandahar in a Congress in the early 18th century, I would've rather had Singapore, but hey, wasn't an option. My goal is to create a permanent, but small, empire in Africa and Asia to ensure continued trade with Khmer and China (currently independent).

Please advise, how I can get a save to you.

Hmm ... sounds good so far. Your savegames are in MyGames\Beyond the Sword\, you can upload them here using the "manage attachments" option right below the posting interface.

I can e-mail it or message it to you later tonight. Things will have a chagne a bit, because you know I need to get my daily fix in. ;)

I'm really aiming to beeline into Assembly Line and Industrialism so I can reap the rewards of production...

attached is my save from the late 19th century.

Updates:

Both Paris and Venice flipped to me. I conquered Rome and the other Italian city with some calvary. I also took a city in Southern Saudi Arabia (or whatever that place would be in real life). My colony in Indonesia/the Pacific Islands is coming along nice. I have four colonies scattered throughout Africa. My stability is stable/very stable +45 and I'm researching assembly line.

umm my civic changes are:

Republic
Representationism
Capitalism
Free Market
Securalism
Resettlement

Feel free to critique me. I'm trying to build a strong military in Europe, I have a feeling Spain, Russia, or the Ottomans may try to conquer my lands soon. Thanks man.

by the way:
two things.

1. Yes, I am playing your mod. RFC: Dawn of Civilization

2. It totally rocks! The reformation screwed me for ten turns because I chose to be protestant (I am Germany after all), but I had to go catholic to save my arse later.

Just tech'd Assemblyline and gained Nationalism through trade. No civic changes though. All rifleman, except one on a galleon, upgraded to infantry. Researching electricity.

Sorry, which version of the modmod are you playing? I downloaded your save and couldn't open it with 1.64.

Oh ummm the one of your main forum? I guess the latest version?

I think it's 1.64.

Did you select the "lock game assets" option somewhere?

umm yes, I did. That creates an issue I guess, cause you can't open the WB. :-( oops.

No issue. Just deselect and reupload :)

Top Bottom